[Review] iMac 17" G5 Rev.C

Really nice computer, i want one, just a question...

I bought Adobe CS2 for windows, can i install it on a Mac, or do i have to buy the whole thing again if i want to use it in a Mac???

@.Danny - This is a review, not a discussion about the new intel systems coming out.

@AppleDave - Do you mean a wireless network? if so, its so easy, once you configure your Mac (its like a wizard when you first do it, basically does it all for you) it as simple as that

@CY:G - Im affraid so, but you dont have to buy it :whistle:

I have a wired modem and a wireless modem in my windows machine, is it easy to do that with an imac?

On my Powerbook its as easy sitting here for approximatly 30 seconds and waiting for airport to alert me with a window saying, do you want to join trusted network [insert Name Here]. This does this anywhere, at the coffee house down the street, my own house, it even picks up my best friends neighbors wireless network in his room and connects without a problem. All of those are windows based networks, so yea literally no hassle what so ever. If you can hit ok, then you are done.

Sax, I am so envious, awesome pictures for an awesome machine. Welcome to the club!!!

Also, if you need some speakers, I suggest the JBL Creature II. I just got a set for my Powerbook and its simply amazing. Apple style, JBL sound. Its so awesome!!! :woot:

• 2 weeks later...

is there actually built-in speaker in iMac G5? if yes, the how good is it?

There are built in speakers, and they're of an ok quality, but I'd seriously consider buying a seperate pair of speakers to go with it...

And possibly an external Audio interface too... If you've got the cash and want to do stuff with Logic or other programs...

*Is getting a pair of Alesis monitor speakers in March*

Nice review by the way Saxondale :) I'll probably post a review of my 20" G5iMac when I get it (HOPEFULLY monday)

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe one day I'll get to try a Mac for more than a few minutes in Best Buy/Futureshop.

at the apple store I went to, I was on them for a good half hour while my parents were shopping, and they didn't mind.

• 1 month later...

i cant really tell, since the stuff iv been wanting to do has only just started, so i cant really compare. I will put the 512mb back in (1gb) and see how it is at some things.

i cant really tell, since the stuff iv been wanting to do has only just started, so i cant really compare. I will put the 512mb back in (1gb) and see how it is at some things.

You should be able to tell a difference soon, I upgraded my PowerBook to a gig and its a huge difference.

You should be able to tell a difference soon, I upgraded my PowerBook to a gig and its a huge difference.

Iv had 1GB for a while now, its just the programs which love RAM iv just started to use.

Well I guess they'll let you play around if they think you might buy one. We don't have any Mac places around here that I'm aware of. I went to my cousin's near Toronto and spent the weekend there, we were at Best Buy and I played with one for like 5 minutes...I'll have to find some place to go try one out.

hows the G5 going saxondale? still not thinking of selling it for a MacBook Pro are you :p wait for the intel ibooks... trust me. 2 (desktop and lappy) Macs are better than one :D :rofl: