Obese man sues fast food chains

Originally posted by masterbug

The coffee story with MacD was different.

Mac's coffe was too hot, to make people smell the coffee and longing to a cup of coffee.

If you make a cup of coffee by a coffee machine it wasnt as long as hot as what they did at the Mac.

Thats why she won....

ACtually it was because of this that most coffee machine makers decreased the temp that the machines reach. They were worried that people would start sueing them. The machines now days dont get hot enough to get a good cup of coffee out of them. And I am really not talking about the taste, but the right amount of brewing to make a decent brew. Macdonald keep their coffee on longer then usual, but so does gas stations and so on. No one wants a cold cup of joe.

Originally posted by JZolloXP

I'm really sorry, but your sig offends me big time, and unless you remove it, I will be considering taking legal action against you. My lawyer will be contacting you within the next few days...

Great you do that. and I wish you luck trying to serve me.

that is just stupidlly ridiculous!!!

it's as simple as : if he didn't want to get fat, cancerous or diabetical for god sakes WHY did he eat at those places ?????

STUPID, DUMB AND ALSO IGNORANT IS WHAT HE IS!!!!!

Originally posted by masterbug

True.

I didnt do any research on it, but that's what I remembered somewhere in the back of my head... :p

no biggie. I really enjoy my coffe and ran across a site on how to make coffee the best. That is where I found out about how the manufacters changed the temps on their machines. Since then I have seen a few others site that have said the same thing.

It is a damn shame that people without common sense spoil it for the rest of humanity.

Not another ... ONLY IN AMERICA..., He is just a perfect speciem of what ignorance is. With nutritional data on the wall of the restaurant, and issued on demand, how can he claim to "I always thought it was good for you. I never thought there was anything wrong with it," he said. ... :( :( :(

But its true, it would be nice if there was papers on the front desk of fast food chains where you can grab a copy and see whats in your food.

I dont see how that is stupid? Its just like looking on the back of the can foods.

Originally posted by Vinh

But its true, it would be nice if there was papers on the front desk of fast food chains where you can grab a copy and see whats in your food.

I dont see how that is stupid? Its just like looking on the back of the can foods.

but there is already a place in most fast-food restaurants that tell the nutrition facts for each item on the menu. this guy apparently did not see that or is just an idiot, more than likely the latter.

Sad to say this, but it can be considered a FACT that such crap reaches the court only in America... where it results into insane amounts of money too. Damn that MickeyD coffee chick did get a couple of million of dollars, for pretending to be unaware that coffee is usually hot.

And that fat lard will prolly win, like that guy that sued Phillip Morris Corp because he suffers of lung (or whatever) cancer due smoking.

And if he does win, what is he going to do with the money......celebrate with a nice double quarter pounder, large fries, diet soda (don?t want to put on weight now), then its off to KFC.

Did the fat @ss ever hear of somEXERCISEb> to go with that shake

That?s it I'm moving to Australia

That's funny. Him acting like it is their faults, like he didn't know what he was getting himself into!! It is always so much easier to blame other people than to take the blame on yourself.

Originally posted by shockz

Man... i can't belive this guy is suing.

Thats like suing your power company because you stuck your finger in an outlit and got injured.

LOL thats good...and so true..

Hey kids! Guess what!?

It's NOT your fault if you're overly obese. You can blame the fast food chains! It's not your fault that you eat fatty foods all day, never get any excercise. Blame it on the restaurants!!

God bless America...

Originally posted by Ravager

Hey kids! Guess what!?

It's NOT your fault if you're overly obese. You can blame the fast food chains! It's not your fault that you eat fatty foods all day, never get any excercise. Blame it on the restaurants!!

God bless America...

Your sarcasm drives home a point. If this guy wins this will set a bad example for other people, especially children, to blame other people for their own problems, not that people already do that today.

What's next? A 23-year old male sues the Ford motor company for wrecking, although no other cars were involved and he walked away from the incident. What a load of hogwash. :rolleyes:

The case against the tobacco companies is entirely different than the case againt the fast-food industry. For one, it has been proven to some extent that nicotine is addictive...and the failure of the tobacco industry to inform the public of this fact was a key component of the suit against tobacco. What is the prosecution going to say in this case? That sodium is addicitve? That McDonald's is at fault because their burger tastes too good? That fat itself is bad for you? What could they possibly say that hasn't been driven home to every American since the 1980's at the lastest? This better be one damn good lawyer, or one dumb jury, or both.

Originally posted by kennywins

The case against the tobacco companies is entirely different than the case againt the fast-food industry. For one, it has been proven to some extent that nicotine is addictive...and the failure of the tobacco industry to inform the public of this fact was a key component of the suit against tobacco. What is the prosecution going to say in this case? That sodium is addicitve? That McDonald's is at fault because their burger tastes too good? That fat itself is bad for you? What could they possibly say that hasn't been driven home to every American since the 1980's at the lastest? This better be one damn good lawyer, or one dumb jury, or both.

I think it would be a good lawyer as not any lawyer would take up such a DUMB* case. Next arguement, following the same logic would be because sodium is required in the body ... its a physiological dependence ... same with fat, etc :ermm:

* = IMHO