Neowin5 on 29th November?

Neobond is a Star Trek fan..  Maybe he thinks it is a good day to die. At least, in an honourable Klingon sort of way. :D

It is were near April 1st then I'd start a rumour that Neowin was closing. Hehe.

There would be mass panic!  :D

586852092[/snapback]

DaHjaj 'oH QaQ jaj Daq Hegh

(Today is good day to die)

Read my blog (the WWW link on the bottom of my post. It pretty much explains what i think of neowin 5.

586857884[/snapback]

uhh if you hate it so much then whyd you subscribe? :blink:

Read my blog (the WWW link on the bottom of my post. It pretty much explains what i think of neowin 5.

586857884[/snapback]

Stay in your lane high speed.

V5 will be out when they feel like it. They are not going to push it out the door because Colombo thinks it's done and they are just messin' with us.

Tighten up your shot group before you start in on them.

586857884[/snapback]

My goodness. Where to start with that :rolleyes: First of all, like you said, Neowin is free and no one forced you to subscribe. Secondly, do you want NW5 to come unfinished and buggy? I would hope not, so live with the fact the Steve (Neobond) and the Coderators are working extremely hard to get this out to us, but the thing you have to remember is they have lives. Flish told us that the screenshot was a mockup of what NW5 will look like, but nowhere can I find that the code was actually in "lockdown," maybe the UI of NW5 was locked, but not the code and even if they did say that, plans change, so what, big deal!

Disclamer: Since I came onboard after NW5 was officially announced, I may not have been privileged to super secret information about NW5, including, but not limited to, plan changes, etc. So the opinion above is based solely on what I've seen as a member, not as staff.

It could be worse. I remember mess.be starting some "mess-age" phenominon and posting "mess-age" flash videos to tease us. They even registered mess-age.be and had teasers up on there. Someone then leaked what mess-age was going to be and the mods quickly cleaned up any and all messages dealing with it (I never found out).

Mess-Age never happened. It was never brought to the public. All there was were some flash videos and nothing else.

These guys are working their asses off to get this thing running. I'm seeing too many people complain about how long it's taking. My suggestion is that you guys code the new system from scratch too and make it be compliant with all standards, able to hold the amount of users per day without breaking, minimilze bandwidth as much as possible and THEN email me with the finished design so I can review it and take it all apart.

Nothing is perfect...

The world is not perfect...

There will always be flaws in everything...

But there are solutions...

Some time the team must have to release it, considering that, they have to keep the theme which correlates with the technology of today.

Im not saying Im impatient, just be sure the theme is released, prior or early after the offical Vista release.

It could be worse. I remember mess.be starting some "mess-age" phenominon and posting "mess-age" flash videos to tease us. They even registered mess-age.be and had teasers up on there. Someone then leaked what mess-age was going to be and the mods quickly cleaned up any and all messages dealing with it (I never found out).

Mess-Age never happened. It was never brought to the public. All there was were some flash videos and nothing else.

These guys are working their asses off to get this thing running. I'm seeing too many people complain about how long it's taking. My suggestion is that you guys code the new system from scratch too and make it be compliant with all standards, able to hold the amount of users per day without breaking, minimilze bandwidth as much as possible and THEN email me with the finished design so I can review it and take it all apart.

586858103[/snapback]

:yes: :yes: :yes:

There seems to be an increasing lack of consistency with the development of any new Neowin version. Each addition seems like to be coded from a different person and stuck together with some glue and tape. The end result is a functional, but confusing and inconsistent set of features and visual styles that does not compliment each other.

With the rants starting in this thread piling up its begining to ressemble the neowin 5 Countdown thread.

I Found a vital clue in Neobonds Blog!

Its all temporary anyway, Neowin 5 will launch -one day-

:ninja:

I can't see it either, but i know it's Windowblinds 5 release day :p

586852089[/snapback]

Neowin 5 + WindowBlinds 5 = t3h 53x1n355

586852097[/snapback]

yeh, wot a perfect day, Neowin v5 and Windowblinds 5, in 2005 maybe ill score my 5th root on september 29th...?

My goodness. Where to start with that :rolleyes: First of all, like you said, Neowin is free and no one forced you to subscribe. Secondly, do you want NW5 to come unfinished and buggy? I would hope not, so live with the fact the Steve (Neobond) and the Coderators are working extremely hard to get this out to us, but the thing you have to remember is they have lives. Flish told us that the screenshot was a mockup of what NW5 will look like, but nowhere can I find that the code was actually in "lockdown," maybe the UI of NW5 was locked, but not the code and even if they did say that, plans change, so what, big deal!

Disclamer: Since I came onboard after NW5 was officially announced, I may not have been privileged to super secret information about NW5, including, but not limited to, plan changes, etc. So the opinion above is based solely on what I've seen as a member, not as staff.

586857962[/snapback]

All the forums bugs have been fixed other than the issues with the lite skin and thats not important as Neowin 5 servers are much faster than the current ones, The current front page is apparently more than usable so why not pair them together and move to the new servers?

but see i think the main problem is the quality of the site now. while version 5 is being made people constantly still complain about the site speeds here, which honestly i can't handle anymore, and they have a valid point. Why are we still on these servers that obviously can't handle the site anymore? All the staff members do is say wait until v5 is done then the speeds will be fine. but when will that even happen? you keep saying it's so close to being done but we have seen nothing to make us even come close to believing that. it's to the point that i find myself not even trying to come to neowin anymore as much because the speeds are unbearable, and knowing that there is another cluster of servers sitting there being unused for the site bothers me slightly. We all know it takes time but i mean just tell us something about what is going on. You try to act like everything has to be so secret. Just tell us if the delay is going to be much longer. I would really like to know because sometimes it's just not worth coming here with the quality of the site in terms of speed and usability.

edit: this post took over 1 minute to actually post to the site. this validates my point exactly. and don't say it's because it is sunday and they are doing backups because these speed problems happen every day now.

Edited by StevoFC

How about- Stop talking about it, quit stressing out the developers and forget about it, then It'll be a nice surprise for you when it's done!

586859033[/snapback]

You have a better chance of Bill Gates forgetting he is a billionaire and then seeing it and being surprised.