• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Dell 3007WFP

Jason S.    1,502

im glad to see it has the HDCP... since the 2405 and 2005 and 2001's dont... i cant believe theyre making this HDMI/HDCP thing manditory now...

Smigit    7

yeah as someone else asked is there a 24 inch version? I was looking at getting the 2405fpw but I want a monitor thats HDCP compatible.

also dodnt the 2405fpw have a higher brightness and contrast ratio (500cd/m2 and 1000:1 respectively). I think I'll needa see the specs of the 24inch version of this. 30 is to big for me but I hope those specs havent gone backwards on us. and if they can manage 16ms on a 30 inch display maybe they can pull 8ms on the smaller units. who knows. I'm also glad I waited but.

Edited by Smigit

jlmodell    0

wowee!

30" is a little too much for me... but it is a beautiful thought! lol

maybe i can get 24" now to replace my 2005fpw..

i <3 dell. lol

lsquare    1

Everything is perfect except for one thing, the resolution! If this 30" has 1920x1200 resolution that would be perfect!

Smigit    7

1920x1200 would most likely look absolutly terrible on this monitor. If you want to run at that resolution you may as well get the 24inch one.

SonComet    0

Argh, now I have to return my 2005fpw (which I was returning anyways for a dead pixel), and buy the 2007fpw when it comes out :(. And getting a new monitor would have been so exciting.

Joseph Zollo    6

No doubt this will cost ~$3000, oh how I desire to have two of these :D

rgreen83    0

You mean the 2405FP. You'd also need dual-link DVI support, which is only available on NVIDIA Quadro cards for example.

This isnt true, ATI's new x1800 has two dual-link DVI outputs, and even the x1600 (wherever it is) and the cheapo x1300 have a single dual-link DVI output.

youm0nt    0

wow that thing is absolutely amazing. :woot: :yes:

AmericanConservative    0

Now I regret my purchace of the 24 inch dell i got over the summer...

l77Il7H    0

i love thier monitors!

+warwagon    13,163

Now I regret my purchace of the 24 inch dell i got over the summer...

in this day and age you are going to regret everything you buy after you buy it because something better always comes out. But just think, how many [people do you know that has a 24 inch wide screen LCD computer monitor?

lsquare    1

1920x1200 would most likely look absolutly terrible on this monitor. If you want to run at that resolution you may as well get the 24inch one.

I do have a Dell 2405FPW. I don't think it'll look worse. Just look at 17 and 19" monitors. They have the same resolution! Some 40" plasmas have 1024x768 resolution and it doesn't look ugly either!

I'm sure it's doable and 1920x1200 is pretty demanding from existing videocards. Just imagine what WQXGA will demand from current videocards?

stncttr908    0

I do have a Dell 2405FPW. I don't think it'll look worse. Just look at 17 and 19" monitors. They have the same resolution! Some 40" plasmas have 1024x768 resolution and it doesn't look ugly either!

I'm sure it's doable and 1920x1200 is pretty demanding from existing videocards. Just imagine what WQXGA will demand from current videocards?

Yeah, but 17" and 19" monitors have the same number of pixels. This 30" has a lot more than the 24" 2405FP. It will have to emulate that res, which will make it look interpolated and messy. It's like running a 2001FP at 1280x960 or 1024x768 rather than 1600x1200.

Leeroy Jenkins    0

What is HDCP

bakerster    0

What is HDCP

Its complete bullcrap.

Short for high-bandwidth digital-content protection, a specification developed by Intel for protecting digital entertainment content that uses the DVI interface. HDCP encrypts the transmission of digital content between the video source, or transmitter -- such as a computer, DVD player or set-top box -- and the digital display, or receiver -- such as a monitor, television or projector. HDCP is not designed to prevent copying or recording of digital content but to protect the integrity of content as it is being transmitted.

Implementation of HDCP requires a license obtainable from the Digital Content Protection, LLC, which then issues a set of unique secret device keys to all authorized devices. During authentication, the receiver will only accept content once it demonstrates knowledge of the keys. Furthermore, to prevent eavesdropping and stealing of the data, the transmitter and receiver will generate a shared secret value that is consistently checked throughout the transmission. Once authentication is established, the transmitter encrypts the data and sends it to the receiver for decryption.

I wanna know the price :(

Jason S.    1,502

yeah this HDCP and HDMI stuff is really really stupid... just another annoyance and another excuse for manufacturers to increase prices... "now includes HDMI! $49991!11!one"

Slimy    14

i hope they update their 24inch and drop the price, 30 is way too much for me :p

bakerster    0

yeah this HDCP and HDMI stuff is really really stupid... just another annoyance and another excuse for manufacturers to increase prices... "now includes HDMI! $49991!11!one"

hdmi is beautiful, hdcp is the opposite.

and screw that, if i was buying a tv and they were like this has hdcp id say I wanted half off becuase I'm getting ripped off.

Smigit    7

HDCP sucks but I wont get a monitor without it. Not that I support it, actually the opposite, but I dont wana get stuck with a monitor I cant watch certain media on. I'll also be happy with a 24 inch model

Jason S.    1,502

the problem is, "they" are making monitors with both... so HDMI is great, but HDCP sucks... but you'll have to buy a TV with both soon.. no matter what

cosrocket    4

Since the 30" Apple Cinema Display is now $2499 (just a year ago it was $3299) I predict a price of between $1499 and $1699 with coupons. The Nvidia 6800 Ultra in my G5 Powermac can run dual 30" Cinema Displays. I guess you'll need the 7800GTX video card to run the new Dell 30" display.

DanManIt    1

This monitor is almost as big as my TV!! :drool:

I might get the 24" monitor if the price drops a good bit.

cq_    0

screw a computer monitor... this will be my next TV!

think about it... most digital cable boxes have dvi, sat has HDMI/DVI, dvd players even have HDMI/DVI....

bifgut    0

apple had it for like 3 years now