Dell 3007WFP

quicky question. if the monitor control functions are through software using usb, is there a possibility that a remote could be used. the reason i ask is because that is one thing that i hate about my 2405 is that it doesnt have a remote?

Hm. That's quite the interesting picture. It may be different if they have a 24 inch model, but does this mean that there will be only brightness control? NO ability to switch between different connections like vga, dvi, etc. I ask because I think a lot of people now are using xbox 360's with there 2005fpw and other monitors..

quicky question. if the monitor control functions are through software using usb, is there a possibility that a remote could be used. the reason i ask is because that is one thing that i hate about my 2405 is that it doesnt have a remote?

For what would you need a remote for a monitor?

And that means no Linux support! Gack.

Boo :(

i sure hope it wont be over 2 grand! hehee actually i hope the price of the 2405 comes down, otherwise i will have to get a 2001fp and maybe get a 30" or whatever later :p

Hm. That's quite the interesting picture. It may be different if they have a 24 inch model, but does this mean that there will be only brightness control? NO ability to switch between different connections like vga, dvi, etc. I ask because I think a lot of people now are using xbox 360's with there 2005fpw and other monitors..

I'm sure all that will be managed on the monitor itself. I've never adjusted monitor settings through software before (although I've only owned a crt...doubt it matters)

Looks like a really nice monitor, but its too big for games. Cracking for an MCE based pc me thinks. Also I would cost it to be around the ?1800 mark as well as needing a Quadro card to pull it off. Makes for one expensive uprade.

For now I am sticking with my dual 2005fpw's :DD

yeah i was looking for a remote to change the inputs also no dvi/vga pip or pbp sucks on the 24.

With the Dell 24 you CAN use dvi in the pip / pbp. I use it every day.

This 30" is really nice. Maybe I'll get one to upgrade my 24" when the price comes down.

Anyone heard of a remote for the 24" to activate the OSD? That's the only downside to the 24" and it would be a downside to the 30" too.

Sweet :D I'm glad my new Powerbook has DVI-D for this. Shame that allot of Windows graphics cards don't support DVI-D though.. 7800GTX and X1800 XT don't have it.. (or at least its not marked down anywhere if they do) only the Matrox cards seem to have it (which aren't for gaming)

Do you think they will reproduce the 24" with DHCP support? Cos im looking at buying a new monitor, and whilst 30" would be good, fact is im not going to spend $1000 on video cards and upgrades, just to use a monitor, so im thinking the 24" would be perfect, but this whole DHCP thing is throwing me.

Sweet :D I'm glad my new Powerbook has DVI-D for this. Shame that allot of Windows graphics cards don't support DVI-D though.. 7800GTX and X1800 XT don't have it.. (or at least its not marked down anywhere if they do) only the Matrox cards seem to have it (which aren't for gaming)

Yeah they do. Video cards have DVI-I ports, which have both analog and digital signals on them. DVI monitors dont use the analog pins and only use the digital signal. The DVI to VGA adapters only use the analog pins on the DVI end and connect them to a VGA connector.

I'm surprised that nobody cares about the fact that almost NO DESKTOP GRAPHICS CARD can use this monitor. NONE of NVIDIA's GeForce series of video cards are equipped with a dual-link DVI interface, which this monitor requires. Only their Quadro FX series has that. On the ATI side of things, you will have to have either a Radeon X1800 XT or Radeon X1800 XL, which have two dual-link DVI ports; or the Radeon X1600 XT and Radeon X1600 Pro, which can have either a single or two dual-link DVI ports. Some Radeon X1300 Pro cards might have a single dual-link DVI port as well, but it is up the board manufacturers (I don't think any of them have done it yet).

In case you are wondering how Anandtech.com and other places can test games at resolutions even higher than this monitor on NVIDIA and ATI cards, it is because they are using a high-end CRT, which is a completely different type of technology and uses a totally different interface (the 15-pin D-Sub).

Aren't the only video cards that can support those resolutions cards with dual DVI link or something..

i heard the 7800GTX doesnt have this feature..

only the X1600 and up do..

i could be wrong.. but thats what i heard...

I know for sure video cards that have DVI and VGA combos can support this monitor @ those resolutions for sure...

Well as I mentioned in my previous post, its of massive concern to me. I mean as if I want a monitor that I have to uprade my system to the max, just to use properly. I mean whats next, having to upgrade just to use new mice and keyboard?

I mean I was all primed up for 30" of pixel goodness, but realistically 24" would be perfect, I just wish they would re-produce the 24" with a DHCP connection and id be buying one in no time.