What the hell did the admins do

Hey guys, I thought I'd post a message on the status of the main page.

The reason we did the switch to these new servers 2 days ago is because we canceled 2 of our servers at thePlanet. So we were forced to move over to forums that were completed (in terms of upgrading and theme porting).

The news system is a different story, we had to import news from the old setup, and Marcel is now making it work with the new system we have in place, the news system wasn't as far as the forums because basically its been built from the ground up. Its a whole new system.

The plan is to have the main page back up today, this will be a skeleton setup with the basics we had at neowin.net in working order, and the rest will be added over the course of the coming weeks.

Sorry for the delay, but we are working hard to sort this and other problems (we are also having 'teething' problems with the new servers and are working hard to find a suitable configuration setup).

Great to hear some official news about the progress, sounds like things are going to keep getting better and better.

Cheers

Edited by accesser

I'm glad you guys put the link to the forums on the main page, I think people got a little confused about if the forums were up or not because the main site was down.

(Y) Thanks for the update :D

i see the staff has placed a temporary front page, which is much better than the closed for maintenence one. at least theres a link to the forums

thanks for getting the forums online and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Don't hurry, we don't want any errors because of us!

All I can say is omg im so happy as of right now, I book marked Neowin.net (Yes I know I'm stupid don't remind me) and my pc was soooo boring all other forums that I looked for on google seem llama next to Neowin...

Soo glad to have it back (Insert gif of smily hugging a server)

Keep up the goood work (Y)

swift

Dang, after seeing the progress on v5, I assumed that you guys were delaying to launch with Finity. Oh well, I'm sure it's right around the corner. Swift is better then no neowin. Thanks guys.

I think its:

"Swift" - An updated version on Neowin 3 skin.

"Infinity" - Neowin 5 still to come, Swift will come along for the ride as well for people that want to still use the 3 style skin.

This right?