• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

What the hell did the admins do

Simon    177

Im scared! I want my neowin NOW!! :cry:

Just kidding. Don't be too rushed, just a suggestion if the script isn't finished yet, try putting Blogger up temporaro;y. You don't need a design, just a basic setup. We'd get our news (without the archives) and you wouldn't have to worry so much about getting the news stuff up.

Thanks, Neobond.

Unksi    30
God, I feel so relaxed knowing it's not my site to admin and sort out :p

I'm used to being the admin guy people are always shouting at to get sites updated, and it's DAMN stressful! Knowing someone else is on it is so good.

Dont know if you understand what I mean, But meh. :)

Good work Guys :hug:

These past few weeks have really shown me how I'd suffer without Neowin.

At times I so wish I didn't know what that is... :D

DrunkenMaster    0

Frankly, the board is looking great. The front page to me is the least important. Its the community formed on the boards. Keep up the great work.

Tungsten T    1

Frankly, the board is looking great. The front page to me is the least important. Its the community formed on the boards. Keep up the great work.

Me too. but i like having the recent posts thing.

TruckWEB    480

It's nice to see the forum back online. But is it just me or is the forum realy slow?

For me, right now, surfing and posting is probably 50% slower than before.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

accesser    2

Actually, that was said yesterday and I don't think anything went up.

What was posted on the forums that microsoft didn't like?

Yep no change yesterday :cry:

Take a look at this if you like, http://news.com.com/2100-1025-991624.html

Barney T.    2,336

Even though this was an old thread, I still hate Microsoft......... they are way too big for their britches...... just a bunch of schoolyard bullies

Barney

Rob    20

They're just trying to protect themselves from a legal standpoint I suppose, even if they were unusually harsh in that case from 2003.

+M2Ys4U    97

loving the thread title (Y)

accesser    2

Anybody notice that the Apple recent news has some news in it, when did that happen? Was not like that before I went to bed. Me thinks the finish line is in sight.

cork1958    1,712

Im scared! I want my neowin NOW!! :cry:

Just kidding. Don't be too rushed, just a suggestion if the script isn't finished yet, try putting Blogger up temporaro;y. You don't need a design, just a basic setup. We'd get our news (without the archives) and you wouldn't have to worry so much about getting the news stuff up.

Thanks, Neobond.

"Im scared! I want my neowin NOW!!"

Major anxiety attacks forth coming pretty soon!! :blink:

tehshiftr    0

I miss reading Neowin every day. I hope Neowin is online soon.

(Note: My First Post! :D)

bakerster    0

I'v been anxious for N5 for a while now, but it seems that having my forums, keep me happy. Plus it just gives me more reason to post more often. I really want to get back in the game.

Crazysah    7

I am patient and even if it takes you guys a month to get the homepage up I can wait. Why can't all of you wait? All the news is also in the forums too anyway!

gregor    3

why? because you could view this from another perspective to see exactly why we can't wait! i read alot of "wheres the problem" topics, where many members are suggesting diferent options for admins to try out, where admins are telling what went wrong etc. but, for the site like neowin, this should not happen! when having 2 things on TODO list, NEVER make both at the same time!

the main problem was, that they went to a new server, which, i'm sure it doesn't have exactly the same software config as did the previous had. and because of this, alot of problems happen. then, also, they wanted to upgrade to new system, new forums version, new template and more. we all know how much does it take for programmer to sort things out (i hope you asked InvisionPower support to sort few problems you had, since you have registered forum)... i hope that problem won't happen again.. EVER!

other than that, i really hope you guys sort those things out ASAP!

+StevoFC    21

What is the point of the Neowin 5 - Latest news thread considering it's not even been posted in for almost a month? I would think that thread should be filled with updates.

Freakz    2

i too get the feeling of a lack of organisation and preparation has lead to biting off more than they could chew

Fred Derf    217

I thought M$ own neowin.net :| but I'm glad you explain what happen. Neowin.net will be back soon :)

There was a time when Microsoft pwned us but they have never owned us. If you know what I mean.

+M2Ys4U    97

There was a time when Microsoft pwned us but they have never owned us. If you know what I mean.

:laugh:

Hills420    0

I hope things get sorted out, I visit this site many times during the day and it isn't the same anymore.

DanManIt    1

Hopefully everything will get sorted out so everyone stops complaining.

el22    0

What is the point of the Neowin 5 - Latest news thread considering it's not even been posted in for almost a month? I would think that thread should be filled with updates.

Same thoughts here

White Malteser    0

It's up now

Dane    176

wooo hoo! front page!