same here, i just need it for limewire now

Looking for Limewire alternatives? Try either of these:

Frostwire - http://frostwire.com

Cabos - http://cabos.sourceforge.jp

Glad to see the dudes at uTorrent got the kinks out of Unicode. Blazingly fast progress on their part.

I honestly don't see any reason why any Windows user shouldn't be using utorrent for their torrent needs. Not one single client compares.

Seriously.

Looking for Limewire alternatives? Try either of these:

Frostwire - http://frostwire.com

Cabos - http://cabos.sourceforge.jp

No i prefer limewire over both these,as these both use java also. What i'm after is a limewire clone which is lite and doesn't use java, and uses the gnutella network. Don't think one exists, maybe ?torrent should make this, ?download:shiftyninja:a:

is it just me or does it seem like they are releaseing updates like crazy... (i remember it was only a few days ago(?) since the past update.. lol)

is it just me or does it seem like they are releaseing updates like crazy... (i remember it was only a few days ago(?) since the past update.. lol)

that's good thing right?

its only a 100kb download, opera finish downloading it by the time i locate the directory to download it to :p

No i prefer limewire over both these,as these both use java also. What i'm after is a limewire clone which is lite and doesn't use java, and uses the gnutella network. Don't think one exists, maybe utorrent should make this, udownload :shiftyninja:

So I guess it's a Java-less Gnutella client with a Limewire-like interface you're after. Good luck. I'd recommend Gnucleus if you just want a lite Gnutella client. Just dump Limewire period, you're stuck with using old versions since the new versions filter out "illegal" content.

not bad i guess. but im sticking with bitcomet

aye that's what i use at the moment too

im not sure if it's time to make the switch. last time i did, utorrent only get me around 40kB/sec and fluctuate too much. and no it's not firewall. bitcomet goes around 150kB/sec. so yea. can u ppl post how fast u can downloading using utorrent? and list some speed with other bt client for comparison. :)

I honestly don't see any reason why any Windows user shouldn't be using utorrent for their torrent needs. Not one single client compares.

Exactly.

aye that's what i use at the moment too

im not sure if it's time to make the switch. last time i did, utorrent only get me around 40kB/sec and fluctuate too much. and no it's not firewall. bitcomet goes around 150kB/sec. so yea. can u ppl post how fast u can downloading using utorrent? and list some speed with other bt client for comparison. :)

It maxs my connection if there are good seeders, 250kb/sec.

I top out at around 92 KB/s, the same speeds I got with BitComet. Honestly I don't see myself making another switch. I used Azureus up until a year ago when I switched to BitComet. Azureus was too much off a behemouth for my tastes. It's not like I'm running a relic, but if I can get comparable or superior performance with a smaller footprint I'm going for it. BitComet seemed like a good choice but I still saw it topping out at ~30 MB of memory usage. That became unacceptable to me when I saw uTorrent in October. I tried it, and slapped myself for not making the switch earlier.

So all you guys are experiencing faster/same speeds as BitTornado, Azureus etc?

Utorrent is the same in speed. The only problem is that it takes a bit of time to climb up to faster speeds because it connects to peers slower than other clients, to reduce CPU usage.

In this version, I think they adjusted the peers connection so it should be the same as Azureus.