No i prefer limewire over both these,as these both use java also. What i'm after is a limewire clone which is lite and doesn't use java, and uses the gnutella network. Don't think one exists, maybe ?torrent should make this, ?download:shiftyninja:a:

Have you had a look @ phex ?

http://phex.kouk.de/mambo/

Nice; thanks! Any screenshots with Foood's icons and the classic theme?

Edit: Nevermind. I never knew uTorrent was so customizable!

utorrent4gu.th.png

geez. that's some nice speed u got there.. :(

i can only race up to 150 :x

Excellent stuff, unsure off whether to make the complete change from Bitlord to utorrent but ey its good :p

FYI, BitLord is a really old version of BitComet with bundles.

As for ?Torrent, I think I'll wait until it at least supports Peer-Exchange to be up to par with finding peers with BC.

You can never have enough peers for better speeds, at least if you download files that aren't among the most popular.

i don't think im going to switch

i've always had the notion of switching due to the memory hugging issue of bitcomet. when i went downloaded and test it out. i was getting speed around 10kB/sec... usually i would be going at 150kB/sec. it says something about UDP failing()

edit: wow this is crazy. i downloaded this chinese lang pack. and somehow after i reboot... the speed just shoots out of the roof....

im getting 150kB/sec which is my max and 0kB/sec upload >.>

i :shifty:

was originally a bitcomet/azureus fan, I have a great pc so the memory usage was never an issue, but I tried uTorrent out and it's great, think i'll stick with it, for the mean time at least...

This program seems to be dragging my normal surfing speeds to a crawl. Does anyone else have this problem compared to BitComet??

Are there some necessary tweaks to this program?

This program seems to be dragging my normal surfing speeds to a crawl. Does anyone else have this problem compared to BitComet??

Are there some necessary tweaks to this program?

this happens to me also.

I think some peoples problems with uTorrent and slow speeds is the issue with UDP port forwarding with your routers, uTorrent does not have its own UDP system it uses the built in windows one which for me was not turned on by default i had to do it myself in the services part of windows.

I could be totally wrong but this was my problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Bitlord B4 and Utorrent is much better but it lacks banning peers, like in bitlord u can just right click a peer and click ban for 5 mins or 1 hour or 24 hours and such but utorrent lacks that option

I have used Bitlord B4 and Utorrent is much better but it lacks banning peers, like in bitlord u can just right click a peer and click ban for 5 mins or 1 hour or 24 hours and such but utorrent lacks that option

Banning peers at desire is kind of "unfair" to the swarm in my opinion. This is not how BitTorrent is supposed to work.

Thanks for the news, I like this because it's light and does it's job well. Software like this is so few and far between. Good work to the makers of utorrent. Just in case anyone's wondering I download podcast (video) with it, no illegal stuff.