[Review] Sony Ericsson W800i

I have been having some weird problems with adding music lately. I used to have a bunch of songs on the phone, but I took them off so I could put a load of new songs on (including some of the ones I took off). Most of the new ones I put on would play, but for some reason all the songs off a few albums (and funnily enough they were the same type of music, club music) would not play, I just get the error message "playback failed". I know for a fact that some of the songs used to play before on my phone, so what the hell is happening now? I tried formatting the memory card to know avail.

This is weird :blink:

After some further research I have found out that this problem is caused by a firmware error. As I am on Orange, Orange have not released the R1AA008 firmware for the W800i as yet as they have not approved it. So I am still stuck with the RNA005 firmware, and there is a bug with that firmware which is causing my problems :(

Just thought I would tell you all.

I thought it was illegal in some countrys to have silent cameras? That's why Sony made it so that you cannot switch off the sound :s

It is illegal in some countries (i.e. the UK). My phone is from france and has a silent shutter by default.

In other news: My phone has started messing up again...every time the clock/screensaver comes on it crashes and I have to remove the battery :(

In other news: My phone has started messing up again...every time the clock/screensaver comes on it crashes and I have to remove the battery :(

Have you sorted out your problem yet? Post about it on Esato, they are usually quite helpful as the chances are someone else may have experienced your problem.

I thought it was illegal in some countrys to have silent cameras? That's why Sony made it so that you cannot switch off the sound :s

why it is illegal? to avoid vouyerism or something?

2 days ago i bought this phone, i dont live in the city, is like an hour from here. so, it was my mistake, i forgot something very important, the ratio signal. actually yes there is signal but from another company, so i cant use in my home!!, i think that makes me a donkey, :(

so i told to this store (it wasnt directly with movistar) and they?ve said that there could be something they can do, off course bringing back my money i think---:no:: .

reading a little, i see that there is a way to "unlock" the phone and then i can bring them with any company i would like.

im preparing myself to be alone, since this girl says "actually i should not be saying this to you but you can unlock the phone and switch to telcel (company)" by this i think they are not going to take care, sadly this is the way things are done here. if you can bring me one idea it would be great, why i didnt go with telcel in the 1st place, because this phone its currently out of stock. and by the way, she told me that the "unlock" thing its done for 30-40$. :angry::

anyway :pinch:: noOOO!!!

why it is illegal? to avoid vouyerism or something?

probably.

Over here there was a big thing when the newspapers taking a picture of a football game had accidently caught some guy taking a shot up a cheerleaders skirt to the side of the photo.

That case is a bit stupid considering cheerleaders are wearing them mini skirts to get that exact attention, but none the less it's that sort of thing they are probably trying to avoid.

There have been times I wish I could kill the camera sound. Taking a picture of a mate in a lecture or something and accidently forgetting the sound it makes. eek.

Nice phone BTW

The camera click can be removed. Basically, this is how it works:

SE release the phone so that it clicks when you take a picture in a normal profile, but when in silen mode, it doesn't click.

THEN

Some operators (as part of their branding/locking/generally messing with your phone) disable the silent no-click - so it always clicks.

SO

You use DaVinci to flash and unlock your phone...

Simply hold the "#" key to activate silent mode.

here in mexico works this way.

is there a way to quit the 'click' sound without the silent mode so that you dont have to be turning on/off??

here in mexico works this way.

is there a way to quit the 'click' sound without the silent mode so that you dont have to be turning on/off??

No. That is the only way, and it is region dependant as well.

Edited by Martyn

hey my dad works at rogers so i get all these new phoens for free and stuff. and i got the w810i. and i have to agree with you, it is an aMAZIng phone! has all the features you need!i don't think yure missng anything and ihave tos ay what a great review it was

hey my dad works at rogers so i get all these new phoens for free and stuff. and i got the w810i. and i have to agree with you, it is an aMAZIng phone! has all the features you need!i don't think yure missng anything and ihave tos ay what a great review it was

Well considering the W810i is not even out....your dad would have to work very high up at his company.... :whistle:

Some pics for you LyhT here

hmmmm :whistle:

if you'd like some info, msg me =) lol

and thanksfor believing me =)

if you want better pics, lend me agood hosting site =) and i'll be happy ot send you better quality picutres

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

hahaha sorry guys i thought it was sacrasm before. my bad guys. alright if i have the time tomororw for sur ei'll write one but no thtatgreat in literature so it migh tno be as great as this one just to warn you