Windows Live Messenger 8.0 Beta Invites are out

We need your expertise again!

We have a new beta version of Messenger that we would like you to be among the very first to try out. You have proven yourself to be a real expert when it comes to betas, and we need your opinion on what we can do to make this new version of Messenger even better.

This new version is called Windows LiveTM Messenger. It's as fun and reliable as the Messenger you already know, and you lets you keep the contact list and other personal stuff you've got stored in Messenger. Plus, this new version has a fresh new look and feel, and lets you do things you've never done with Messenger before, like:

Make domestic and international PC-to-telephone calls at incredibly low rates (you'll need to sign up with a Microsoft Partner, but you can do this in seconds, right in the Messenger interface.)

Drop documents into special folders that you and your contact can access even when one of you is off-line

To get started:

Click the button below to go to http://connect.microsoft.com and sign in with your Passport credentials (your Hotmail or MSN e-mail address and password).

Click on the Invitations link in the left hand navigation.

Enter the following ID ------- into the box and click Go.

Read the information and any instructions found on the welcome page

And in case you were wondering about the new name, Windows Live Messenger is part of a new family of services from Microsoft? that includes Windows Live Mail (now a simpler, safer, faster mail), and Live.com (a new personalized homepage experience), to name just a few.

Thanks, and we hope to hear from you soon.

The Windows Live Messenger team

I just got this, guess it's started now ...:))

No downloads for me either. I just searched for it on Google, downloaded it, and it works. When I first logged on, it said there was a new version and prompted me to download it. Easy. :cool:

edit- But it won't let me log in now. :no: