January (2006) Workstations

Quick, how's the wire clutter behind the TV?

It's nuts, I have everything hooked up to mutiple things, at one point it was undercontrol and not visable but its impossible now, i keep chaging/adding things... like just last week i added 2 optical splitters for the 360 and my HDTiVo, that added 4 more optical cables :(

verry nice dazzla and quick !

Thanks.

Dazzla, i love that computer desk and tv stand, very nice. Is it uncomfortable on the arms when typing?

Teehee.

Here's my room.

Awsome room! now thats what i wish my place looked like :(

The keyboard is actually butt up against the iMac normally, I just moved it to the middle for the photo so it's cool to type on. I decided not to fit the keyboard tray when assembling the desk, it fits level with the 2 units under the glass but I don't like them. It's from Argos as well.

The K750i is still there, check the desk on the right hand side in the compartment above the glass door. I realised I posted the same picture twice, here's the other one I was supposed to post. Just a different angle of the desk.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Oddity what screens are those and wtf at that phone.. what else does it do lol

Haha, pretty much does everything; except bake a cake. :laugh:

20" Apple Cinema Display

19" Dell TV

Is this thread necessary as a monthly thread? I realize the need to make a new thread after the 150 pages or whatever it was, but how many people change their desk setup every MONTH?

http://www.mmaster23.nl/fotos/DSC00330.JPG

Not too bad for a poor student ;)

From left to right:

- ASUS A6Va notebook (not on photo)

- Logitech Z2300 speakers

- Sennheiser PC160

- Samsung Syncmaster 930BF (4ms :D)

- Logitech MX3100

- Orange SPV M500 (HTC Magician, running Windows 2k3 SE)

- Orange SPV C500 (HTC Typhoon, running Windows 2k3 SE)

- Orange SPV M3000 (HTC Wizard, running Windows 5)

- PC itself (on the ground)

Sys specs:

Antec P180 casing

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

Coolermaster Hyper48 cooler

AMD X2 3800+

2x 512MB Corsair TWINX

XFX Geforce 7800GTX 256MB XXX edition

NEC 4550

Antec NeoHE 550W

2x Samsung 80GB SATA300

1x Maxtor 120GB ATA133

Creative Audigy X-Fi XtremeMusic

Edited by MMaster23

Not to be a dick, but can you resize it? Posting ANY 2000+ x 1500+ picture is generally a bad idea.

How? Tried height=400 ... didn't work :\

Can't find it in the FAQ/help

dang i wish i had a setup like that. can anybody recomend me a desk i just have one computer and a 5.1 surrond system doesnt need to be huge

an ikea jerker is the most popular choice....however, for me it didn't have enough places for storage built in. I like a desk that is kinda like a small office desk w/ a hatch. I just went and searched the local computer retail chains (office depot, staples, etc..)...I ended up with one from office depot for $150....http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=922097&&An=browse . I'm going to post some pictures of my setup as soon as my girlfriend gets back from NY with my camera. The only thing I found out about this desk a couple days ago is that the backing on the desk won't allow my Antec P180 to slide all the way back in the tower cubby hole thing and let the door shut. It hangs over like a 1/4...no big deal really. I just took off the door...i like it better this way really, so I can see my lovely case that I paid as much as my desk for.

Rite ill start from the top......

I?m new on here (registration wise) I?ve always read things on here; mainly XP customization which I?ve sadly got a bit too lazy to deal with now?..

At the moment my setup is as follows, id like to think I?m not a newb but I just don?t remember what the specifics of my tower are o in a nutshell :

AMD XP 3200+

1 GB ram

?nice mother board ? its not the best at the time but does the job well?

16x DVD rw

m-audio 24/96 soundcard (rca)

128mb 5600 graphics

Analogue TV tuner card, with free view box running through

The worst mouse and keyboard combination ever

Cooler master centurion black case

A 21in crt monitor

Here is my disgrace for a setup at the moment?..

dscf00157qz.jpg

dscf00132bw.jpg

dscf00170ga.jpg

dscf00172qs.jpg

dscf00186ek.jpg

My aim is to make everything nice and happy

I figured I need to have a major rethink and sort something out. I?ve come to the decision that I?m selling my turntables and mixer and desk etc. that will solve 2 problems?.lack of space and lack of money

My plans/hopes are to get a full new nice desk I?m looking around 100pounds plus a new chair again just short of 100 pounds (I?m also considering modding a leather car seat as an alternative) I think it was quick that had one from Argos which looked nice with the glass top?. I?m after something that?s ?contemporary? possibly with glass incorporated. I?m trying to make my pig sty into a minimalistic ?zone?.

So from the top. I?m getting rid of all the furniture you see and the turntables then I want to get rid of my brick of a monitor and replace it with a good tft (I?m under the impression that tft is ?better? then plasma)?.I want to use this screen I get for my pc and TV.

Where do I start. What?s a good size to look for? What?s a good model/brand?

Any help much appreciated. looseone

^looseone

alright geez. you will probably get moaned at for asking these upgrade questions and things on this thread but anyways... here is my opinion:-

monitor: they do not actually make plasma monitors, though they do make plasma tvs but these are huge and not so great. flat panel monitors are all LCD - liquid crystal dsiplay- models. i would suggest a 17inch digital TFT, (by digital i mean u need to look for it having a DVI input). however it is unlikely that your graphics card will support DVI so you will have to use the standard vga connection for the time being... but at least the monitor will be future proof.

decks: don't sell them, i think it is a shame to sell expressive things like that. unless you are really skint.

desk: ikea do cheap ones. and pc world do good leather chairs.

peripherals: get a cheap logitech wireless combo in black. that will look neat and tidy on your new minimalist layout.

beer: stop drinking stella, it tastes like cats pee. drink some grolsch.