Macworld 2006 Discussion

There has to be a laptop, they can't start lagging behind the rest of the PC world less then a week after the new chips were produced. If Dell has a dual core one and Nec etc apple should also

That would be me....do you think they will let us turn em in for the new ones like they did with the powerbooks?

Usually it can be done within a month of launching the new product, you would have to ask/phone Apple about it :)

Radish?

I think this is really sad news for those iMac G5 owners. Really, it is just so unfair.

i dont understand why anyone would have bought one in december since it was so close to macworld...

There has to be a laptop, they can't start lagging behind the rest of the PC world less then a week after the new chips were produced. If Dell has a dual core one and Nec etc apple should also

i know....come on ibooks :p

i dont understand why anyone would have bought one in december since it was so close to macworld...

its unfair anyways...

it was NEW, isight and stuff.... and now with intel, even better.. i didnt buy one, but a friend of mine.

That would be me....do you think they will let us turn em in for the new ones like they did with the powerbooks?

That would make sense. I think it would be the proper move.

After hearing that Apple marketing blitz on how much the GX processors rocked and how much Intel sucked I must say.....oh the irony (and also what a sudden change of heart).

we all knew it wasnt true (well i thought the g5 was good untill i got my powermac....)

Oh well.

My next purchase is a laptop anyways...intel laptop...let's see if those come out

well this proves worng all the apple fanboys who said that the g5 was better than anything that intel had well tbh i dont see how intel chips have got 2-3 tmies better since the announcement of the move to intel when the apple site was still proudly displaying that the g5 was much faster than the best intel chips. it looks like apple might have lied to their customers a bit :s

Pro apps will be universal in March. Final Cut, Aperture, Pro. If you have the latest version, you can trade in your disc for a universal disc for $49.

personally I don't think that is fair :/ either, but I guess when your a company....

Oh well.

My next purchase is a laptop anyways...intel laptop...let's see if those come out

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

I don't want it to be a Powerbook, I definetly can't afford that. I may be able to afford a small screen iBook though :D

same here, powerbooks aer way out of my budget :(

Whoa, microsoft updates for sync services soon?

Can that mean pocketpc will work with the mac?

i bought an imac in december because it WAS a new model.

not cool apple

I know the feeling! I'm still happy with my G5 though, it's certainly no slouch. I'm just surprised it was updated so soon after the last revision.