Macworld 2006 Discussion

Man, just finished watching it, boy that was a good one. The ad is cool, and is it just me or does the new MacBook Pro look darker than the PowerBook? Kind of reminds me of the finish that the TiBook had. I thought it would have been better to do the Mac mini or iBook instead of the iMac for the Core Duo, but oh well, I guess it makes sense considering it is the main stream computer, the one that they focus on.

Btw, iWeb looks awesome!

Man, just finished watching it, boy that was a good one. The ad is cool, and is it just me or does the new MacBook Pro look darker than the PowerBook? Kind of reminds me of the finish that the TiBook had. I thought it would have been better to do the Mac mini or iBook instead of the iMac for the Core Duo, but oh well, I guess it makes sense considering it is the main stream computer, the one that they focus on.

Btw, iWeb looks awesome!

i know, mac mini and ibook should have been updated :(

I'm amazed, watching that Intel advert, that the other vendors that supply its chips aren't up in arms. Just think about all the parnerships over the years with people like Dell who are simply referred to as people who sell 'dull little boxes' - I certainly wouldn't be very happy.

Ho hum. The updates were good but I was hoping for a new Mini or home theatre box of some sort. iMac and MacBook are boht well out of my price range for now.. and I dont wanna buy a Mini now as its inevitable it'll get swapped to Intel soon! Grr..

Do like the new iPod remote though - been looking for remotes today on eBay in fact so Apple must have read my mind! Will be buying one I think!

wow...I was REALLY expecting a mini update...didn't see the PBs getting updated from a mile away really :p

HOWEVER, I do think I will treat my self to the new MacBook Pro when I get the heart to get rid of my PB :p

Damn it - I missed all the excitement! I knew I should have woken up early...

I'm a bit disappointed with the iMac. Since it is the first Mac to ever feature an Intel processor, I was expecting a futuristic new design - a choice between black and white (like with the iPod's) would have been nice too.

iLife '06 sounds nice. Photocasting sounds incredible - what a great idea!!

No iPod shuffle update? No Excel-like app in iWork? No Airport Express with streaming video/photo features? No new video content on iTunes? That really sucks...

The MacBook Pro - aside from having a strange name and ridiculous price tag - looks awesome! Does anyone know what battery life it has? I looked all over Apple's website but couldn't seem to find it.

Everything's out of my price range :(. Even the radio remote is over-priced. And no display on the remote, Apple has missed the boat again. Sigh. For $50 they should've added an FM transmitter as well with the remote.

lol :huh: Cheaper for us canadians now ; 200$ off with education :)

:) gotta love that education discount. I think i'm going to wait until right before i leave for college (August 2006). hopefully there'll be at least a speedbump by then

lol :huh: Cheaper for us canadians now ; 200$ off with education :)

i want them to update the ADC prices though, looks like they made a mistake (because the current price is higher than the education price and just before the update for the 15" powerbook it was 200 off for education and ANOTHER 200 off for ADC)

I'm very tempted to get a MacBook Pro, very tempted indeed. Well whichever month they become available in New Zealand anyway.

I'm very tempted to get a MacBook Pro, very tempted indeed. Well whichever month they become available in New Zealand anyway.

i might try to get my parents to give me what im missing (whatever is the extra cost from ibook 12" to macbook :()

so can these run x86-x64 software being that they are run by intels dual core chips

no, because the software is still compiled for windows AND because the duo chip is only 32bit :p