Macworld 2006 Discussion

i think they screwed up the pricing in the ACD store.... it show the imac as 1425 (cheaper than retail which is 1499) but the educational store has it for 1399 (ACD is ussually WAY cheaper than educational)

I wish I $1799 for a MacBook, but I don't. Oh well, I'll wait for now, see how Windows works on it, wait for that to get all tweaked. If this thing will run OSX AND Vista... It'll be my next computer, no questions asked. Probably will wait for a second generation of them though. Get some more Intel software out, etc. And though the iPod radio remote sounded kind of cool at first, I think I'll pass. I don't need a longer cord with a remote, and why would I want to listen to FM Radio with commercials and stupid songs like Photograph every 10 minutes when I have 4000+ songs on my iPod that I like.

As for the name... I think they should have called it an "IntelBook" :laugh:. But on the more serious side... "DuoBook" would have sounded pretty cool.

Wait since the imacs are old now, do you think I could pick a ppc proccesor one up cheap?

maybe but macs usually take a long time to drop down in price....it's prolly a better idea to get the intel one

ok i have decided... I am gunna buy the lower end MacBook and put an extra 512Mb ram in it. Hope im making the right descision. Ive started my MacBook fund and already have $700 in it! weeee! Now im gunna sell my dell laptop and some other stuff and maybe, just maybeeee i wont take too much of a hit on my cc next month!! :)

Wait since the imacs are old now, do you think I could pick a ppc proccesor one up cheap?

Probably not since on the website they are still selling the PPC model for $1299.

Will the new intel core Macs run the current Mac software like Photoshop or AdiumX?

Their site says "What's an intel chip doing in a mac? A whole lot more than it's ever done in a pc."

Now is it just me, or are they an arrogant bunch of bastards?

They are arrogant. Check out their ad on www.apple.com/intel/ads The whole starts with praising Intel and condescending the PCs

Nevertheless, I have to agree the ad still is very cool