?Torrent 1.4 is finally out. The changes are quite overwhelming. The most notable new features are:

* Bitcomet style add dialog

* RSS Reader

* Speed wizard to select your proper settings based on upload speed.

Some other much requested features that have been added are:

* Add !ut to incomplete files

* Multi scrape

* Better download speeds from BitComet clients.

Hope you find the new release as good as the previous ones. If you have a chance, don't forget to donate to the project. There is a button at the bottom of the main page. That is greatly appreciated and means I can continue working on ?Torrent.

There are tons of other features too. For the full changelog, please see:

http://utorrent.com/download/1.4/utorrent-1.4.txt

Source: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=4469

Download: http://utorrent.com/download.php

Has anyone experienced this:

While downloading a torrent my seeding will work but soon as the download is finished, seeding ceases right on cue eith the finished download. I am "clever\connectable," all my router settings are set correctley, all my uploads are capped exactly to what they should be, and I did set-up a static-ip.

On a certain torrent site my ratio went from 1.5 to .945, yes, it doesnt look drastic on paper but in actuality there is like a 2gig gap between dowloaded and uploaded. This has been going on for a month or so and it is really frustrating. Any help will be gladly appreciated.

By-the-way, my router is a Linksys BEFW11S4.

Excellent, that changlog is soooo long.

edit: lol, already people in my peer list have the latest version, the updating system is the best :D

Great..a useless RSS reader that assumes I use the program for nothing but illegal TV episodes...

NFOrce has RSS feeds...

The best bit is the new add dialog, which allows you to not download certain files before the torrent begins, good feature.

Does this release penalize those who don't upload beyond a certain ratio? It's hard for dialup users to meet high ratios.

Check changelog

"- Feature: Lower download speed if upload is set too low."

Check changelog

"- Feature: Lower download speed if upload is set too low."

Which is a fantastic feature, I hate seeing people who are in my peer list downloading at >200KB/sec then **** off after they have downloaded the torrent.

Which is a fantastic feature, I hate seeing people who are in my peer list downloading at >200KB/sec then **** off after they have downloaded the torrent.

Me too, I don't understand why people want to upload as little as they can. Play the game, people!

I think this new feature could have two effects. It could become unpopular with leechers, who prefer to limit their upload to like 5kb/s. I think it could become quite popular with private trackers though.

Me too, I don't understand why people want to upload as little as they can. Play the game, people!

I think this new feature could have two effects. It could become unpopular with leechers, who prefer to limit their upload to like 5kb/s. I think it could become quite popular with private trackers though.

Very true, there has to be a way of MAKING a torrent program upload as fast as posible but not jeopardize your download speed.

If everyone uploads as fast as posible everyone will download alot faster

What is the point in adding .!ut on the end of uncompleted files? BitComet does it too (!BC) whats the reason?

so there's a _definite_ way of telling whether it's a proper 100% comlpete file or not. I think it's a good idea.

Become some people, like me, can't. I'm limited to 1.5 Gb per month in upload, most of the time I got crap speed (even with ports open) but my upload is at 100%, if I don't limit it I upload 100 times more than I download ... . eMule is the worst as I have to wait hours before I get some good sources but in the meanwhile I allready uploaded +500mb from my 1,5 gb/month.

You see my point I hope. Now don't say that I'm a leecher as my upload is set to 10kb/s or more, depends of the file actually.

Become some people, like me, can't. I'm limited to 1.5 Gb per month in upload, most of the time I got crap speed (even with ports open) but my upload is at 100%, if I don't limit it I upload 100 times more than I download ... . eMule is the worst as I have to wait hours before I get some good sources but in the meanwhile I allready uploaded +500mb from my 1,5 gb/month.

You see my point I hope. Now don't say that I'm a leecher as my upload is set to 10kb/s or more, depends of the file actually.

If you have a limited upload then you really shouldn't be using a method of aquiring data in which you SHOULD upload in the form of karma. You should look into IRC.