I have the "show dialog when adding new torrents" option checked but it does not open a dialog box. This really is the feature I miss the most from BitComet. Any clues as to why it doesn't work for me?

I have the "show dialog when adding new torrents" option checked but it does not open a dialog box. This really is the feature I miss the most from BitComet. Any clues as to why it doesn't work for me?

You must deselect "Put new downloads in:" which is in Folder Options in the ?torrent settings

so there's a _definite_ way of telling whether it's a proper 100% comlpete file or not. I think it's a good idea.

Oh right... I didn't relise it was that simple lol. I can see the value of that (I wasn't bashing it in the first place, just wondering)

Thanks

If you have a limited upload then you really shouldn't be using a method of aquiring data in which you SHOULD upload in the form of karma. You should look into IRC.

Or FTP's, or DC (where the community instead wants you to share a lot of stuff for a wide variety in smallish networks), or newsgroups. ;)

But I don't really care for BT "leechers" set up to download much faster than they upload *** as long as they share the file to meet a 1.0+ ratio ***. If you can't upload what you got that quickly, at least stay until you have. Even a user with monthly bandwidth limits can do that, it just takes more months. The worst combination ever is impatient users with caps. Aargh...

If that happens even after 30 minutes to an hour or so, you may have firewall / router problems and is getting blocked.

You need to ensure incoming connections are enabled, and if necessary forwarded, for the ports ?Torrent use.

If that happens even after 30 minutes to an hour or so, you may have firewall / router problems and is getting blocked.

You need to ensure incoming connections are enabled, and if necessary forwarded, for the ports ?Torrent use.

It takes about 5 minutes before it starts uploading. Im on cable, and everything is all set correctly.

Good that there is a new release.

Bad that is comes with an RSS reader (what happened to it trying to be as low on memory as possible?)

It only takes up ~2mb of memory.

Love Utorrent. :D

Favourite features are Boss Key and Limiting Download Speed if Upload Speed is Low. Boss Key is great for hiding Utorrent in case you're downloading "stuff". :whistle:

The other feature is great as it reduces leechers but I always thought that 's how Bittorrent worked. If you upload slower than others, don't you download slower, in all clients?

Wow, I can honestly say that this version is a HELL of alot faster then the other version. Thanks to the

* Better download speeds from BitComet clients.

feature, I use to never be able to connect well with other BitComet users. But right now I'm connected to several and getting >50KB/sec from a torrent with ~7 seeders and 35 Peers which I couldn't break the 25-30KB/sec barrier with 1.3.