[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Is this better:

3146u02.png

Much better, thank you very much (Y) . I would however like to ask something completely unrelated. I'm assuming you're saving the bitmaps with 32-bit channel to make it transparent. My question is, how do you do it? I'm trying to make it work on something I'm working on and it's been unsuccessful. I'm currently using Photoshop.

Again, thank you for the icons.

Scirwode

I dig the Gnomey uTorrent skin... I've been wondering lately why I hadn't done one myself...

Much better, thank you very much (Y) . I would however like to ask something completely unrelated. I'm assuming you're saving the bitmaps with 32-bit channel to make it transparent. My question is, how do you do it? I'm trying to make it work on something I'm working on and it's been unsuccessful. I'm currently using Photoshop.

Again, thank you for the icons.

Scirwode

For a while now, I've been saving images as PNGs and using XP's Paint to save them as 24-bit bitmaps, which internally makes 32-bit alphabmps (Vista's Paint doesn't have that behavior). That takes a lot less time than using ResEdit to import pngs into a DLL and and then using ResHack to extract them. If there's a filter or option in PSP though, that'd be awesome, or if Photoshop does, then I might have to learn to deal with its foibles.

For a while now, I've been saving images as PNGs and using XP's Paint to save them as 24-bit bitmaps, which internally makes 32-bit alphabmps (Vista's Paint doesn't have that behavior). That takes a lot less time than using ResEdit to import pngs into a DLL and and then using ResHack to extract them. If there's a filter or option in PSP though, that'd be awesome, or if Photoshop does, then I might have to learn to deal with its foibles.

I know about that technique, my friend pointed out to me :p . It has helped me in a way but I really want to know how they add a channel in Photoshop and change the alpha and so on as it would be useful to me in the long run.

Since you haven't been able to make a uTorrent Gnome skin, how about creating a FoxyTunes Gnome skin for Firefox 3.0 :p ?

Scirwode

I just use GIMP; it saves as 32-bit BMP.
I'll be damned. It works! I swear I'd tried that before at one point, but maybe I was using an older version. You get a cookie!

I'll be damned. It works! I swear I'd tried that before at one point, but maybe I was using an older version. You get a cookie!

rofl at the tango icon guy not using gimp :laugh:

:laugh:

Scirwode

/sigh - I've never used revision control on STTP 2600 (I am on 6000, and it's saved my ass a few times for exactly this kind of reason), I've always just changed stuff and that was that... now that I'm revisiting it after several months of not even looking at it, it seems to have bit-rotted without having made any significant changes... that I can remember. I'm going to have to spend some time debugging, or refork from the publicly available XIS code (rather than the private pre-public bits I got my hands on back in 2006), and I only have 10-15 minutes a day I can spend at my computer these days.

Long story short, it might be a while.

Moral: always use revision control, and don't make random code edits while drunk.

The plot thickens... I know I haven't touched Inexperience since the last minor point release I did of it (mostly because of a lack of interest; I've got the file modification dates to prove it!) ... and its patcher code is md5sum-identical to the current STTP 2600, and it has exactly the same problems with a freshly compiled executable, but not with the one I generated back in 2006). It's almost like some vital part of the NSIS language spec got changed on me...

hey Scirwode, do you still want that Gnome theme for WinRAR?

http://anonymous-bot.deviantart.com/art/Wi...-theme-86850439

Actually no, being the reason that I rarely open an archive in WinRAR as I just right click and extract. That said, a GNOME theme for it is definitely welcomed so I thank you very much :D ! I do have a request though, if you will. I was trying to create a Tango/GNOME icon for my SE W850i but I haven't been successful, maybe because I'm using Photoshop with the Tango pallete. Could you try to create one, if it is no trouble?

I will understand if you can't, as we all have lives now, don't we :p ! Again, thank you for the theme (Y) .

Scirwode

There's a problem, I can't get it to install. Here's a screenshot of it:

post-151171-1211870471_thumb.jpg

Scirwode

go to %APPDATA%\WinRAR, then themes then unpack the theme in there and go apply it

thanks for linking to it, i were getting tired of default icons in winrar

go to %APPDATA%\WinRAR, then themes then unpack the theme in there and go apply it

thanks for linking to it, i were getting tired of default icons in winrar

Ah, thanks, that work (Y) .

Scirwode

You know, I've had to come out and say a few words. It's been two years since STTP has been released and I can say that thanks to it, I don't have to look at boring old XP icons anymore. The STTP patcher, with the numerous themes being released for it, has made XP into somewhat a beautiful swan, after a somewhat of an ugly duckling appearance on its release. Sure, there are other icon packages out there but they're only skin deep and do not delve deeper into the more mundane icons. That said, Tango and GNOME is developed by hundreds, if not thousands of people, so I believe that is a moot point :p !

Because of vertigosity, not only do we have Tango/GNOME on our desktop, but we have it in some of our most used programs such as browsers, archivers, email clients and so on and so forth. So I believe congratulations is in order for the person who started it all in the first place, who without him, we will still be looking at Fisher Price icons :laugh: !

So, when's the next update coming up... :shifty: ?

Scirwode

You know, I've had to come out and say a few words. It's been two years since STTP has been released

So, when's the next update coming up... :shifty: ?

Scirwode

Yeah, it's kinda hard to believe myself... although I've only been working on it for half that time ;)

An SP3-specific version is on hold until I figure out what the h*** is up with NSIS - why previously perfectly serviceable code is now acting up, modifying the code to work with current NSIS, and/or digging up an older version of the NSIS compiler. I might have a little bit more time now that I've finished a massive car-related project, though, so that might not be as far off as I'm imagining it to be.

Edited by vertigosity

NSIS 2.25 is working properly, for the moment, so 7.08.3 shouldn't be too far off.

what theme is that :p its hawt
I honestly don't remember - I ran it for quite a while back in my XP days, but it's been a while, and I didn't expose any titlebars in that screenshot.

NSIS 2.25 is working properly, for the moment, so 7.08.3 shouldn't be too far off.I honestly don't remember - I ran it for quite a while back in my XP days, but it's been a while, and I didn't expose any titlebars in that screenshot.

Looks a lot like it's Tempura Orange with the start button mod.

Looks a lot like it's Tempura Orange with the start button mod.
Very possibly. That WAS one of the skins I was using for a while, and it looks... exactly... like it: http://hsn.deviantart.com/art/Tempura-and-...empura-42766222
Link please?
PNGs+SVG from
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/desktop/2.23/2.23.2/sources/gnome-icon-theme-2.22.0.tar.bz2