[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

has the uninstaller been fixed ? id like to know before i install this
It's not yet, I'm uploading the version with the fixed installer on Wednesday. Uploading files over dialup = painful.

It's not yet, I'm uploading the version with the fixed installer on Wednesday. Uploading files over dialup = painful.

thx alot ill hold off untill then ! and yes dial up is the suck !

Couldn't sleep, got bored, so I read some Doug Adams, updated my Myspace page, and fooled around in PSP a bit. I whipped up a Tango-ish "shared" icon overlay and battery 16-color bitmap (It's gotta be 16 colors, because Windows sucks like that.). If you guys like 'em, then I'll have an actual visible change to go with the script update later today :cool:

I like the shared overlay the way it is, however the 16 x 16 icon overlay you show above looks pretty sweet. The bigger ones a bit jaggy though. Are you going to change the Safely Remove Hardware button?

I like the shared overlay the way it is, however the 16 x 16 icon overlay you show above looks pretty sweet. The bigger ones a bit jaggy though. Are you going to change the Safely Remove Hardware button?
Yeah, it wasn't bad, but I just needed an excuse to be creative for once, and it WAS a Gnome icon, I figured it needed a Tango-ish refresh :) It DOES look jaggy, though, I'm still fiddling with the vectors.

And yes, the silly little box with an arrow pointing away from it is set to be replaced... with another silly little box with an arrow pointing away from it!

did you upload the newest release yet :D im still waiting
Uploaded!

More or less copypasted changelog from the last release:

"Major" updates to the un/installer script. Will now work with multiple instances of the same filename, be more reliable, and not need the post-install script that sucks and re-arranges your icons. I hope. I also got bored and cooked up a few Tango-ish icons, rearranged (and replaced a few more of) the info/warning/error icons so that they should display properly, as well as removing the LCID field from the reshack scripts - I think that'll work better on non-English languages, and if it doesn't, it doesn't work any worse on English and shaves a few bytes off, so it's a good thing anyways.

Edited by vertigosity

And... the copy of the archive that I uploaded to DA was corrupt somehow. So I'll have to upload it at home, over dialup... bah :angry:

Edited by vertigosity

And... the copy of the archive that I uploaded to DA was corrupt somehow. So I'll have to upload it at home, over dialup... bah :angry:

doh damn any eta i know dial up sucks hard

doh damn any eta i know dial up sucks hard

I won't be heading home until 9:30 central... I think I need to set up my router to let me terminal service in :rofl:

I know the DA link is down, but is there another spot where i can download this??
I pulled it from my site, having it there was burning through too much of my bandwidth. But the DA link is up now... just finished uploading!

First of all awesome icon pack. :woot: Too good. Love it. :yes: Thank you.

Now can someone confirm if these icons in Control panel stay unchanged or were left unchanged only on my system? Thank you.

cp413517.jpg

Now can someone confirm if these icons in Control panel stay unchanged or were left unchanged only on my system? Thank you.

Not all icons are TANGOised... yet

First of all awesome icon pack. :woot: Too good. Love it. :yes: Thank you.

Not all icons are TANGOised... yet
Yeah, there aren't even really things that seem close to being right for those things yet - and there probably won't be. Tango's supposed to be an implementation of a generic icon theme based on their guidelines, that'll fit in decently with with other icon themes; we might have to wait for until Jimmac releases Gnome-icon-theme2 and/or Tango-yast before we get proper icons for OS-management stuff. And he just had a baby, so that might be a while. Tango itself had been doing releases once every one or two weeks for a while, but activity on their CVS server is pretty low and they haven't released anything in about a month... so we'll see!

You should have a Tango-ish icon on Power Options, though.

Not all icons are TANGOised... yet Yeah, there aren't even really things that seem close to being right for those things yet - and there probably won't be. Tango's supposed to be an implementation of a generic icon theme based on their guidelines, that'll fit in decently with with other icon themes; we might have to wait for until Jimmac releases Gnome-icon-theme2 and/or Tango-yast before we get proper icons for OS-management stuff. And he just had a baby, so that might be a while. Tango itself had been doing releases once every one or two weeks for a while, but activity on their CVS server is pretty low and they haven't released anything in about a month... so we'll see!

You should have a Tango-ish icon on Power Options, though.

Thanks for your reply. Well I was just wondering still this is the best set of icons ever. Whish we would get more icon packs like that. :)

Hmm on Power Options you say any idea how can I change it and why it wasn't changed in the first place? I'm pretty anal about these kind of things. :whistle:

Many thanks again.