[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

@Daeron re. Scheduled Tasks: Scheduled Tasks shouldn't be being patched, full stop. If it is, it's the anomaly. What's it being set to?

@Daeron re. WinSXS Comctl32.dlls: All the instances visible in those screenshots are in. Did you install the October revision before or after the latest Windows updates? If before, re-run the installer.

@Daeron re. Tango MSN Smilies: I lost my copy of the MSN installer, didn't feel like delaying the "October" revision for me to redownload it. I might get to it, but it's honestly not really a priority for me.

@Martin re. WAB skinning: The main icon should be skinned, and the toolbar should be skinned - that's all. Anything more, post a screenshot, and I'll tell you if it's correct for the current state of the patcher.

@Nordoleum: I'd already planned on taking another trip through the network connections shell stuff; I'll try to make sure I get the UPnP device icons in for the next revision.

@Tehmemories: What do you mean by card symbols? That sounds like it might be a nice quick easy trace job, for the heart/spade/club/diamond. The King/Queen/Jack/joker (if it has one in there) might be a little bit more involved, of course.

@Tehmemories: What do you mean by card symbols? That sounds like it might be a nice quick easy trace job, for the heart/spade/club/diamond. The King/Queen/Jack/joker (if it has one in there) might be a little bit more involved, of course.

But it would look abe be bad ass. I play solitaire all the time and I think it would be perfect. Time is of no importance in creating the graphics. Even if we just had a 'king' crown or a 'queen' crown or something to emblem-ate the 'jack' so we don't have to go indepth with pictures.

Here is my WAB:

Nothing is skinned although the patcher does copy a wab.exe.

Here is my WAB.exe:

Windows Address Book actually stores all of its resources in wab32res.dll - take a peek at the log for it in the patcher directory, I haven't made documentation yet to say that it now saves logs, but it does :)
But it would look abe be bad ass. I play solitaire all the time and I think it would be perfect. Time is of no importance in creating the graphics. Even if we just had a 'king' crown or a 'queen' crown or something to emblem-ate the 'jack' so we don't have to go indepth with pictures.
Hmmm. Well, it sounds like something that might be fun to fiddle with in my spare time, so I'll have a go at it :)

Windows Address Book actually stores all of its resources in wab32res.dll - take a peek at the log for it in the patcher directory, I haven't made documentation yet to say that it now saves logs, but it does :)

In the logs directory is only a log for wab.exe - no log for wab32res.dll.

post-52710-1161728296.png

^ This just borrows elements from the categories/applications-games icon... but I think it's got a nice classic "card" feel to it. It still needs some tweaking, but what do you Solitaire junkies think of the basic idea?

In the logs directory is only a log for wab.exe - no log for wab32res.dll.

Interesting. Is wab32res.dll not in the same directory as wab.exe on your system?

Vergy, you are da man! The patcher finally makes my IE7, WMP, and all the little teensy icons on the explorer task thing all Tango and sexy. The Windows Security center looks spiffy too :)

Just a little poke...the Forecastfox Tango icon thingy is at a new link in dA so should be updated on your app section at your website (if you want to update it that is)...oh and it's SooperDOOde. Not a big deal though :p

Now if I can only get this damn Trillian systray icon to change...

Just a little poke...the Forecastfox Tango icon thingy is at a new link in dA so should be updated on your app section at your website (if you want to update it that is)...oh and it's SooperDOOde. Not a big deal though :p
Blame BobP ;) - the page has been updated. I'm diggin' the pair of Firefox skins as well, I'll probably change that page to point at them sometime later.

Blame BobP ;) - the page has been updated. I'm diggin' the pair of Firefox skins as well, I'll probably change that page to point at them sometime later.

Thanks for the update. Not that I care if the stuff is publicized but I didn't want someone who wanted the skin getting all bothered because he or she couldn't find it. Even though all they'd have to do is search for it ;)

You're kidding about the Firefox skin thing right? Are you talking about the Tango and Tangerine ones I did? You couldn't possibly be talking about those. They aren't anything special...I just figured I'd do them for my own use and share for whoever else wanted them. I'm surprised they've gotten so popular. I can't even make a dang foobar tango icon :p.

Great job on this guys!

Firefox updated to version 2.0. If you didn't get it yet you should try. It's really fast.

Along with this though, we lost the Firefox icon (back to original) and the tango theme is not compatible with 2.0. Anyone wanna update these hehe? :D

Great job on this guys!

Firefox updated to version 2.0. If you didn't get it yet you should try. It's really fast.

Along with this though, we lost the Firefox icon (back to original) and the tango theme is not compatible with 2.0. Anyone wanna update these hehe? :D

Ah, Firefox 2.0. The epitomy of perfection! Now I humbly wait for the obligatory "ONG!11! U R a fanboye!11shiftcapitalonecard!enter!1" ie7 ish waaaaay beter1!" I'm so evil :p

I installed a clean version of FF2.0 and then ran the patcher and everything (I mean that literally) was skinned to Tango. Maybe try and run the installer or reloader again?

I like the updated patcher but I'm not too certain about the mediaplayer icons changed though!

we need specific types for each format...maybe...but that might **** things up in regards to tango specification

.avi, .mkv...etc