[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Not having an "icon for Acrobat itself" is intentional, at least on my part - I've got sort of a hunch, or maybe a gut instinct, or maybe I read it somewhere (I honestly can't remember which, at the moment.) that applications whose sole purpose is to handle one type of file should use the icon for that type of file.

Not having an "icon for Acrobat itself" is intentional, at least on my part - I've got sort of a hunch, or maybe a gut instinct, or maybe I read it somewhere (I honestly can't remember which, at the moment.) that applications whose sole purpose is to handle one type of file should use the icon for that type of file.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Acrobat's application icon differs from the icon used to identify PDF files... the icon I provided is meant to replace Acrobat's application icon, not the PDF document icon. Same goes for RealPlayer, I guess.

I dunno. If I'm crazy and I shouldn't have wasted my time on those, then my apologies to the community. Just trying to cover everything. :cry:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Acrobat's application icon differs from the icon used to identify PDF files... the icon I provided is meant to replace Acrobat's application icon, not the PDF document icon. Same goes for RealPlayer, I guess.

I dunno. If I'm crazy and I shouldn't have wasted my time on those, then my apologies to the community. Just trying to cover everything. :cry:

I like them...Have you thought about making an Adobe Photoshop Tango icon? You seem to be good at Adobe app icons heh. I don't use either Acrobat or Realplayer but great job on both of them!!

Any way I could get a Tango icon for this? (It's in the Control Panel, in case you're wondering)

post-102394-1162269616.jpg

Also, thanks for the update to the icon patcher! Worked wonderfully on my new tablet PC :D

So, as a Total Commander and Tangerine lover, I thought I'd create a file icon set for said application. It's a complete set (16px), but no drive bar seeing as the existing package has everything needed.

For installation, just follow the instructions by following the "existing package" link.

Do the instructions for the "existing package" as it is so named actually work? A few people reported them not being accurate or usuable, but I couldn't be arsed to get a shareware copy of the program to verify/correct one way or the other, and pretty much forgot about it.
Any way I could get a Tango icon for this? (It's in the Control Panel, in case you're wondering)
There's an icon in Tango Art-Libre that's just waiting for that, I think. You're completely on your own in figuring out what file and resource ID it is (unless, of course, you buy me a tablet PC :p). Take a look at your .CPLs in system32, and possibly light up the Shell Object Editor if it's not located in one of them. Edited by vertigosity

I've been asked to make a Black Tango Icon theme (heh, yeah right) or at least make a Firefox theme with modified 'black' Tango icons. Now, my question is if this is allowed by the Tango guidelines. The Tango icons can't be modified can they?

I wouldn't mind doing the theme but I didn't know if it'd even be right tweaking all the icons and making them black :p

I've been asked to make a Black Tango Icon theme (heh, yeah right) or at least make a Firefox theme with modified 'black' Tango icons.

Now, my question is if this is allowed by the Tango guidelines. The Tango icons can't be modified can they?

http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Desktop_Project

Terms Of Use

Creative Commons Share Alike 2.0

The Tango base icon theme is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license. The palette is in public domain. Developers, feel free to ship it along with your application. The icon naming utilities are licensed under the GPL.

"Black" ?! Or dark grey like Gnome ?

gperfection2gh6rf9.th.png

I like this Gnome-Grey very much ; )

From the tango FAQ

" Terms of Use?

The color palette is public domain. The actual icons are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license. "

http://tango.freedesktop.org/Frequently_As...Terms_of_Use.3F

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/

Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5

You are free:

* to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work

* to make derivative works

* to make commercial use of the work

Under the following conditions:

by

Attribution. You must give the original author credit.

sa

Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a licence identical to this one.

* For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the licence terms of this work.

* Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

edit: seems i was beaten :p

Edited by moglenstar

I know that I have the right to modify, distribute, and basically do anything I'd like "legally" under the license but I didn't know if the Tango Guidelines talk against the modification of the icons that could possibly take away from the universal and easy to understand look.

"Black" ?! Or dark grey like Gnome ?

I like this Gnome-Grey very much ; )

Yes, Lokheed has talent! Now he's on a Mac so hopefully he can make those look great. Oh, and the request was for a black Tango icon theme for Firefox. Not that I have any talent in icon making :p

bvc has already made a few alternative colour versions like the green mod in this pic

Theres also pink, purple, and a monochrome (black..ish) version there. I reckon the green folders look sweet, would love them on XP :whistle:

hinthint :shifty:

Hmmm, okay well that settles it. I still don't know if I'll do a black tango Firefox theme because I'm lazy and don't want to butcher anything but we'll see. Thanks!

bvc has already made a few alternative colour versions like the green mod in this pic

murrinastyleks7.th.jpg

Holy Cow :doctor:

Vertigosity, how about a green-grey version shellpatcher (in the future) :woot:

This is so sexy, as sexy as tangorine and tango :blush:

There's an icon in Tango Art-Libre that's just waiting for that, I think. You're completely on your own in figuring out what file and resource ID it is (unless, of course, you buy me a tablet PC :p). Take a look at your .CPLs in system32, and possibly light up the Shell Object Editor if it's not located in one of them.

I'm voting that you buy him a tablet PC. :woot:

Yes, Lokheed has talent! Now he's on a Mac so hopefully he can make those look great.
Nah, I'm under the impression it's more like, "now he's on a Mac, so he's out of the game." A de-saturated and "darker" Tango icon theme probably wouldn't be that hard to do at least the icon parts of; I'm just a bit leery of making another fork of the alphabmps right now; I've already got 4 (I've been working on porting Industrial and Gnome-icon-theme2).

The guidelines actually explicitly encourage this sort of thing (Tangerine and SLED10 Industrial, anyone?), I'm sure. They just like to make sure that you use the same palette, some of the same shapes and metaphors, and some of the same visual cues, so that you won't sit down and think "Wow, I don't know what any of these things do! And wow, they really don't fit in with one another, what a mismatched hodgepodge! OMG look at the Windows 95 icons in the font dialog!"

I'm voting that you buy him a tablet PC. w00t.gif
Heck, if there are any Tablet PCs with current-gen mid-range graphics and a Core (2) Duo, it could replace my desktop. Too bad such a beast would only come with Intel Integrated, and would still cost $2500 :p Edited by vertigosity

Holy Cow :doctor:

Vertigosity, how about a green-grey version shellpatcher (in the future) :woot:

This is so sexy, as sexy as tangorine and tango :blush:

I think it would be in our best interest to completely finish THIS pack first, before moving onto other things. So yes, the future.

I actually do like the green folders-It's very earthy :p

Okay, here's what I found for the tablet PC icon... I don't know what to do from here :blush:

post-102394-1162343784_thumb.jpg

Heck, if there are any Tablet PCs with current-gen mid-range graphics and a Core (2) Duo, it could replace my desktop. Too bad such a beast would only come with Intel Integrated, and would still cost $2500

Mine was only $1500-ish (see specs in sig :D )

Edited by edwinmcdunlap