[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Is there a site somewhere that keeps up with Tango custom icons? And by that I mean Tangoized icons for programs such as, ventrilo, winamp, Gom Player, VLC, World Of Warcraft, etc?

Is there a site somewhere that keeps up with Tango custom icons? And by that I mean Tangoized icons for programs such as, ventrilo, winamp, Gom Player, VLC, World Of Warcraft, etc?

Main icon for WoW and other game look here. But for WoW only 48x48.

Sorry for my english :)

After a little break I want to install Tango again, does the Tango-Patcher

don`t have problem with the KB925902-Problem (MS-Update), like other

Shellpacks ?

How big is the patched shell32.dll ?

Thanks in advance, thanks for outstanding Tango-Pack

After a little break I want to install Tango again, does the Tango-Patcher

don`t have problem with the KB925902-Problem (MS-Update), like other

Shellpacks ?

How big is the patched shell32.dll ?

Thanks in advance, thanks for outstanding Tango-Pack

What sort of problems? I haven't noticed anything gone awry since this month's Patch Tuesday...

My shell32.dll (GIT2) weighs in at 11.2MB.

What sort of problems? I haven't noticed anything gone awry since this month's Patch Tuesday...

My shell32.dll (GIT2) weighs in at 11.2MB.

Try to start the the calculator... If you don't get a user32.dll error everything's fine.

Have a look here for a description of the problem:

http://www.crystalxp.net/news/en170-BricoP...es-Crashes.html

Yeah, I suspect it's because the BricoPacked shell32s are X amount larger than the normal shell32 (CrystalXP's is ~28MB. Normal XP is ~8MB. STTP is 11MB, not too much bigger.) I seem to remember natively-Eastern/Asian versions of Windows having trouble with this a loooong time ago, but I can't remember proper search terms to come up with a source for that claim.

Hey vert, are you even considering making a STTP for Vista?
Never say never, but no, not ever :p

I don't really have full driver support (the fan on my 7800GS runs at full throttle all the time, which I think the Red Cross or the UN classifies as prisoner abuse), and I have better things to spend my money on - Vista doesn't do anything for me that XP doesn't except Aero, and that's not enough to make me want it enough to spend money on it, and relearn all my old habits. Plus, at least as long as this semester's on, I don't have the energy to go to work, school, and fiddle with icons like I was when I was unemployed and out of school.

Edited by vertigosity

Never say never, but no, not ever :p

I don't really have full driver support (the fan on my 7800GS runs at full throttle all the time, which I think the Red Cross or the UN classifies as prisoner abuse), and I have better things to spend my money on - Vista doesn't do anything for me that XP doesn't except Aero, and that's not enough to make me want it enough to spend money on it, and relearn all my old habits. Plus, at least as long as this semester's on, I don't have the energy to go to work, school, and fiddle with icons like I was when I was unemployed and out of school.

If someone were to run over and scream "HEY SOOPERDOODE! Do you think Tango Icons would look good on Vista?!?!?11one1?" I'd say "Why, no strange person on some kind of brain-damaing substance. I think Tango icons and the current Aero interface would be a bit strange together. I don't know though. I've never seen it."

:D

I am actually considering going back to XP strictly for the Tango icons. It's been a miserable time without them. Verts, you were once unemployed?! You'd think with your skillz and unmatched genius that places like NASA, Microsoft, and the World Federation of Panda Bears would be begging at your feet for you to use your incredible talent to make them lots of money. I swear I'm not kissing your ass here. Heh.

Seriously though, were you going to update the patcher with support for OpenOffice? I know it's technically in there already but it doesn't work which you know already.

Oh, and last thing I swear! Can someone make a Foobar and/or Trillian icon? It'd be very nice to have them and from what I've seen, there have been some friggin awesome Tango icons made already.

Wow. Simply...wow. I have been waiting for someone to make a Trilly Tango icon forever. I'd do it myself but I had bad experiences with the Tango icons I made. I tried that WMP one and it was so bad. good thing Vert made that awesome one. Anyway, Sranshaft, you captured the entire "Two-Boobs" Trillian thing perfectly! Now to make the Idle, Offline, Connecting, and Away icons :p

I thought we were going to make a Wiki. Like "Tango on Windows" Wiki. It could have an entry there with all the icons that need to be made. I bet someone could easily whip up a Photoshop CS3 icon. All it'd take is the Tango blue gradient with 'Ps' on it ;)

Maybe we should make a list of programs that need Tango icons made for them?

well i have a few request/suggestions if you dont mind

Photoshop

Paint.Net

Winrar

Media Player Classic

Windows Movie Maker

Windows Live Messenger

Xplorer2

Crap Cleaner

InfraRecorder

ImgBurn

Ashampoo

I thought we were going to make a Wiki. Like "Tango on Windows" Wiki. It could have an entry there with all the icons that need to be made. I bet someone could easily whip up a Photoshop CS3 icon. All it'd take is the Tango blue gradient with 'Ps' on it ;)
Jimmac has already denounced those, so it's gotta be something other than stock.