Neowin Mac users

Just got my new iBook today. Been trying to get one for a long time, finally got the money together for one.

iBook - 14.1"

900 mhz

256 MB RAM

32 MB ATI Radeon

30 GB Hard Drive

CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive

Mac OS 10.2.6

congratulations! :) you'll need to throw in more ram in the near future though. ;)

enjoy your sweet machine! :)

ordered my new mac this morning. specs with add-ons i have waiting:

Dual 1.42 Powermac G4

1024 DDR 333 ram

120 GB HD from apple

120 GB WD SE HD

Radeon 9000 Pro 64 MB

Superdrive

Combo Drive

56 K Modem

10/100 Ethernet

FW 800

Mac OSX 10.2.6

30 GB iPod

No, 12" is enough for the most apps (1024x768), the 14" iBook has a larger screen but is limited to 1024x768, too. If you need a higher resolution your only option is to go for a 15" PowerBook. But who can afford this? ;-)

he meant to say it as you know like damn! thats nice

yep..damn would be the word i would say..and there's even a ipod...and my friend is getting an ipod..he hopes..a old one..5gb version..last one in stock..he says he doesn't need much space...damn would i love to get my hands on an ipod..

• 2 weeks later...

Macs? LOL I've got a few here... Some aren't even Macs anymore!

Lisa (not a Mac at all.) - original, untouched Lisa. Given to me free, complete, working with all the discs, books and boxes.

Color Classic - well, it WAS a color classic when it worked, it now has a TFT and a mini-ITX motherboard. Now runs Windows 2000 and MacOS8.1

iMac Revision A - again a mini-ITX machine, bought as a shell from eBay (?26!) for a few plastic parts. Turned out to fully working, just be missing the logic board tray. So with a bit of home cable making and a DB15 to HD15 adaptor, is now a PC. Again, 2000 and MacOS8.1

Indigo 350 iMac - 'QwaQwa'. 512MB RAM Runs his own web site. OS X 10.2.6

1GHz 15" SuperDrive TiBook - my main machine. Goes everywhere, does everything. Currently has 1.5GB of RAM. OS X 10.2.6

Dual 1.25GHz G4 with 23" TFT. 1GB RAM. Bought JUST before the 1.42GHz came out :no:: . Turns out RC5-72 units and generally mopes about in the corner. May be converted to OS X Server to make the next machine discless.

1.2GHz Cube (450 DVD model). 1GB RAM Adding the upgrade and fan made it mighty noisy. Thinking of switching back to it's original processor, dropping the HDD out and running it via NetBoot for a REAL silent PC. Just general web surfing dutys and looking cool in the living room connected to a 52" plasma screen. Switching from TV to OS X impresses people no end:))

1GHz 15" SuperDrive TiBook - my main machine. Goes everywhere, does everything. Currently has 1.5GB of RAM. OS X 10.2.6

i thought you could only throw 1GB in there.. :unsure:

If you can get your hands on 1GB PC133 high density SO-DIMMS, you can have 2GB. However, I have never managed to find more than the one I have now. I've seen DDR ones (at HUGE cost), but, have yet to see any more PC133 ones for sale...

Model

Power Mac G4

Specs

1 GHz PowerPC G4

256 MB DDR Ram

DVD/CD-RW Combo drive

17" Studio display

OS

OS X 10.2.1

I have a 5GB iPod as well, but it seems to have been missing for the last few weeks... :unsure:

If you can get your hands on 1GB PC133 high density SO-DIMMS, you can have 2GB. However, I have never managed to find more than the one I have now. I've seen DDR ones (at HUGE cost), but, have yet to see any more PC133 ones for sale...

there's only 2 SO-DIMM slots in the TiBook, how do you manage to throw in more than 1GB of ram in there?

what are you talking about? the 15" TiBook does not support DDR.

i'm lost. educate me.

Emmm. That's fairly easy to understand.

You get 2 PC133 (non-DDR) 1GB High Density SO-DIMMS.

2x 1GB = 2GB.

I then went on to say that I had seen DDR ones for sale recently, but no further 1GB PC133 ones.

i don't understand because Apple says the 15" PowerBook only support up to 1GB of RAM.

hehe nevermind. 1GB is enough for me, not planning to upgrade. :D

Apple said the WallStreet only supported 192MB.... I ran 512MB happily in mine, as did several other people...

Apple said the original iMac only supported 384MB.... I ran 512MB happily in mine, as did several other people...

See a pattern here? :yes:

Apple said the WallStreet only supported 192MB.... I ran 512MB happily in mine, as did several other people...

Apple said the original iMac only supported 384MB.... I ran 512MB happily in mine, as did several other people...

See a pattern here? :yes:

haha i see. thanks for the info! :)

I'll be joining the Neowin Mac community on Wednesday when I'll be getting a 12.1" Powerbook G4.

I'm kinda excited but worried, mainly because I've been on Windows for like ever and I'll have to start again on another OS.

Anyways heres the spec I'm getting:

12.1-inch TFT Display

867MHz PowerPC G4

256MB DDR266 memory

40GB Ultra ATA/100 drive

DVD/CD-RW drive

Don't worry to much about switching.... The first few days is where the pain is....

Your trained Windows brain wants to work one way and Mac OS X doesn't play ball...

Then suddenly as you experiment more.... you forget Windows and begin to awaken to the

joys of OS X Jaguar...

People ask me what's it like when you switch?

I say, remember the scene in The Matrix, when Neo is reborn into the The Real World.....

There's a few days of pain as he gets used to the Real World... his eyes hurt.... then he starts learning

judo and karate..and suddenly he begins kicking ass...

I say using OS X is a bit like that.....

Wise Words from the Kemical One...

Mac OS X... the choice of the Kemical GenerAtion

People ask me what's it like when you switch?

I say, remember the scene in The Matrix, when Neo is reborn into the The Real World.....

There's a few days of pain as he gets used to the Real World... his eyes hurt.... then he starts learning

judo and karate..and suddenly he begins kicking ass...

hahahahah! I gotta remeber that one! :D