- BlueTooth

- Mac OS 10.2.8 (Removed from Apple)

- iChatAV

- Safari 85.5 :)

- Mail.app (and not Entourage)

Home Setup:

------------------------

The same thing + My PC

Well work bought it, but I am the only person who uses it and it lives on my desk :

Model : G4 Powermac

Specs : 1.25GHz G4, 512MB DDR333 RAM, 80GB HDD

:)

I am in Graphic Design in College so all we use are Mac's. Not positive on the specs but in 2 labs we have high-end G4's and we just got a whole new lab of G5's the other day. I haven't used them yet but I will for sure. The rumour is that they are incredibly fast and are great to work with so I'm going to have to get over to that lab ASAP to test them out.

*Note* I use a PC at home. Heh, not fully converted yet...

17" G4 Powerbook

1Ghz

60GB HDD

512MB PC2700 DDR

SuperDrive

All other standard studd (airport extreme, bluetooth built in, firewire 400/800, USB, gigabit ethernet, etc etc)

• 1 month later...

PowerBook G3 (FireWire) 400Mhz (hopefully will upgrade this early next year to a G3 900Mhz)

192MB RAM (will upgrade this REAL SOON!!)

12GB internal hard drive, and soon to have an external 6GB drive (when my external case shows up).

Custom painted (almost identical to the one here: http://www.applefritter.com/hacks/sapphire/index.html )

Swappable CD-RW drive and DVD drive

Dual boot 9.2.2 and 10.3

I have on order:

iBook G4 - 12-inch Combo Drive

Processor 800MHz

Level 2 Cache 256K at 800MHz

Memory (DDR SDRAM) 512MB

Ultra ATA 40GB

Optical drive Slot-loading Combo (DVD-ROM/CD-RW)

Display 12.1-inch (diagonal) TFT XGA

with Panther and loads of little extras...

ooh, and a 20gig iPod too :D

Well, I finally purchased my 12" Powerbook. G4 1ghz, Combodrive, Airport Extreme.

Thanks Dazzla for the insight. I love it. And Panther is awesome.

Well, I finally purchased my 12" Powerbook. G4 1ghz, Combodrive, Airport Extreme.

Thanks Dazzla for the insight. I love it. And Panther is awesome.

Very nice! :D Good buy.

i went to a college recently... just to visit. well, it was also close to the only apple store around here, so i figured i could play with some nice hardware and make my parents happy by making them think i was considering going to that college.

anyway, point is, this college only used dell's. no apple's or even unix boxs around. they deny them access on the net. yet i saw a kid with a pbook *cough*

anyway, they only run pc's running good ol' windows xp.

and they are the only college that offers 'computer programming with a track in computer security". i just thought that was funny. computer security on winxp? yea right...

anyway, point is, this college only used dell's. no apple's or even unix boxs around. they deny them access on the net. yet i saw a kid with a pbook *cough*

How can a school deny access to the internet to a specific type of computer or OS? That doesn't make any sense.

anyway, point is, this college only used dell's.  no apple's or even unix boxs around.  they deny them access on the net.  yet i saw a kid with a pbook *cough*

How can a school deny access to the internet to a specific type of computer or OS? That doesn't make any sense.

He probably worded that wrong. You can deny computers access by MAC address.

anyway, point is, this college only used dell's.  no apple's or even unix boxs around.  they deny them access on the net.  yet i saw a kid with a pbook *cough*

I'm aware of that, but what I meant is how can a school JUSTIFY denying access to the internet based on what type of computer or OS you choose to use? To me, that sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Now, denying WINDOWS machines access to the internet, I could almost see that, given Windows recent rash of network disabling viruses, etc.

anyway, point is, this college only used dell's.? no apple's or even unix boxs around.? they deny them access on the net.? yet i saw a kid with a pbook *cough*

I'm aware of that, but what I meant is how can a school JUSTIFY denying access to the internet based on what type of computer or OS you choose to use? To me, that sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Now, denying WINDOWS machines access to the internet, I could almost see that, given Windows recent rash of network disabling viruses, etc.

Ah, yea, very od:no:no:

Just inherited a mac from a friend on long term loan ("I don't want it back, but if I ever do I know where to come")

dual G4 - 1GHz

1.5 gig memory

80 gig hard disk

superdrive

Apple cinema display (big, not sure how big, standard resolution is 1600x1024 - 21" ?)

Taking a bit of getting used to after Windows, but I'm learning :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have an older PowerMac G4 450MHz with 768MB Ram and 20GB Hard Drive. My wife uses it more than I do. My main computer is in my sig. (I'm a gamer! :p )

Anyways, I love Macs and I'm planning on getting a Powerbook around the beginning of next year.