Luna Element 5

guys, i feel stupid asking this, but how are you all changing the start button? i'd like to put in the round vista one, either blue or green, or maybe something else. but how to do it?

edit: i've dl'ed the bmp 001.bmp attached to a post a few pages back, and i like the start buttons in there. how to i use them, speicifcally?

guys, i feel stupid asking this, but how are you all changing the start button? i'd like to put in the round vista one, either blue or green, or maybe something else. but how to do it?

edit: i've dl'ed the bmp 001.bmp attached to a post a few pages back, and i like the start buttons in there. how to i use them, speicifcally?

Use RedEdit from TGTsoft. Open the msstyle file, find the startbutton bitmap and press the replace button. :)

Use RedEdit from TGTsoft. Open the msstyle file, find the startbutton bitmap and press the replace button. :)

Yup, I just did it, and it worked. Although, I may shrink the orb, because I like to use the compact theme, but the flag in the orb falls below the bottom of the screen...

post-69741-1138666008.gif

when i did this, i renamed the new bmp to the same as the old bmp file, and made sure it had the bmp extension. however, le5 still crashed, and i'm back to the le5 original. what did i do wrong?

Yup, I just did it, and it worked. Although, I may shrink the orb, because I like to use the compact theme, but the flag in the orb falls below the bottom of the screen...

post-69741-1138666008.gif

how would you do this? i like the compact versions, too

Did you save the file?

And I'm not too sure how to shrink it down and have it work correctly. I'd probably have to mess around with the positioning.

What do you all think about this?

post-69741-1138667691.jpg

Edited by Catharsis

Here is a compact version of PeterPL's vista orb. It works for both LE4 and LE5. All credit goes to PeterPL :)

i got these working, but it doesn't fit perfectly (circle is cut off at the bottom). is this intentional, or could i size these yet more differently? also, any word on a blue version of these?

i got these working, but it doesn't fit perfectly (circle is cut off at the bottom). is this intentional, or could i size these yet more differently? also, any word on a blue version of these?

Thats the point of the two different PNGs. One is for use on a bottom taskbar and the other is for upper taskbar placement. Thats how PeterPL's original was :)

BTW: Could someone make a version of these using the button designs of LE5?

Edited by denzilla

Anyone know what's causing the following in some VS, this one included, I'm afraid.

post-2190-1138670524.jpg

The GuildWars window is set to open at 0,0 but it leaves a few pixel gap to the top. The same goes for all programs, it's as if windows didn't know where desktop's top edge is.

Anyone know what's causing the following in some VS, this one included, I'm afraid.

post-2190-1138670524.jpg

The GuildWars window is set to open at 0,0 but it leaves a few pixel gap to the top. The same goes for all programs, it's as if windows didn't know where desktop's top edge is.

It's the way the captionbars were made in LE 5. See screenie attached. The pink acts as transparent so all windows opened are going to have a slight gap at the top. :(

post-3332-1138676514.jpg

Man..is there any chance of getting all the startbutton mods in one zip on the lunaelement.net site? Like I wanna keep up with all the mods and all that, but there are just so many damn pages..

The blue version of the Trillian Luna Element 5 skin is almost complete. I was wondering if someone could "5ify" the hide button though and/or help me learn how to. I'm still not to good at that stuff :pinch:

post-50840-1138682326.png

It's the way the captionbars were made in LE 5. See screenie attached. The pink acts as transparent so all windows opened are going to have a slight gap at the top. :(

Awesome, thanks for the info.

It was surprisingly easy to "fix", I just moved both parts up 2 pixels and then cropped the extra space off the bottom. Of course my XP might blow up any second now and I probably caused a whole set of bugs but so far, so good.

Edit: Does anyone have the Vista Orb start button modded so that it fits the black compact style without cutting off part of the flag? I'm afraid it's beyond my Paint skills.

Edit2: So, I replied to myself instead of editing the last post... time to pass out I suppose.

Edit: Does anyone have the Vista Orb start button modded so that it fits the black compact style without cutting off part of the flag? I'm afraid it's beyond my Paint skills.

Edit2: So, I replied to myself instead of editing the last post... time to pass out I suppose.

to avoit having it cut it off, you have to edit startbutton margins in stylebuilder. that's the only way possible.

What I like...

1. Everything seems to be "smoother" with regards to gradients;

2. Love the new checkboxes/radio buttons;

3. The yellow border around buttons;

4. Show hidden icons button.

What I don't like...

1. The taskbar is slightly bigger than LE4;

2. The light blue around the buttons;

3. The min/max/close buttons no longer look as if they rotate forward;

4. An inactive window title is impossible to see;

3. The light blue, period, it just doesn't fit in.

So, sorry to say I went back to using LE4, it was the light blue that did it! But I must say, LE4 is genius! I've been using it for months ;)

Personally, the only thing I don't like - and it's been this way with ever LE I've used - is a green start button on the blue theme. Just doesn't go with anything then.

Yes I'm anal, but eh.