Luna Element 5

I think thats the point. I think most themers want to discourage direct modding and encourage a more creative aspect to theming. The last thing we need is a thousand versions of 1 theme. It may have its advantages to have mods openly available, but there are some huge disadvantages as well.

An abundance of mods for one theme waters down the integrity and quality of the original themers work. The original will often get lost in the ocean of mods that surround it. Bugs will be reported to the wrong people, credit will be given to the wrong people, and the theme will eventually become so distorted that it doesnt represent what the themer had originally planned, it hurts the community, it hurts the theme. Usually a themer begins his work with a basic idea of how he/she wants it to look, to feel. And we spend hours tweaking everything to get it just right.

To have someone come in and change a bunch of stuff goes against the way WE feel our themes should look and feel. And dont you think ultimately, we should have the last say?

I couldnt say it better :yes:

The Luna Element 5 (Blue) Trillian skin was updated today for those of you who wanted it. I suggest you update, it fizes some obvious bugs.

Download .tsz

# Fixed titlebar bug in Minimalistic Interface

# Fixed Min/Max/Close button alignment in Minimalistic Interface

# Tweaked SmallMinMaxClose.png

# Fixed titlebar bug in Default Interface

# Changed contact list mouseover colors

How's the Black version coming?

What do I need to edit to make LE5's Blue highlight to look like this:

I believe this will work:

1. Open the .msstyles file in ResEdit

2. Open the .ini file in the ResEdit temp directory for the specific substyle to edit (i.e. black compact is NORMALBLACKC.INI)

3. Find the line containing the value MenuHilight

4. Change the values of MenuHilight to the appropriate R G B color values

5. Save the .ini file

6. Save the .msstyles file in ResEdit and apply the new theme

So polished that I was gobsmacked upon trying it last night. I love the start menu especially the new icon for it and the black scheme looks superb. I then fired up Firefox expecting to be dissapointed because some themes use a really large font size, which results in me reverting to my old theme. In FF it was perfect and nice and small, it'll be my main theme for quite sometime now I predict, cheers! :woot:

I must admit that the LE5 start button has grown on me but only in the black style. What would be awesome is this black start button and black tray chevron with a glossy silver taskbar :)

@Sprocet - You should do something with open/close button it's from LE4 :)

What do you mean exactly? :)

I'm going to bed now so I won't be able to reply for several hours :sleep2:

Thanks, all is well now :)

NP :)

I had to figure out how to do this myself (I hated the new selection color in the black style) and had to do the same thing with the LE4 trillian theme I had to make it match