Honda S2000

ive driven one... its alright for a short period, im 6ft 1-2inches (depending on shoes), 190lbs and i was gonna jump out, i was getting too clausterphobic, and i couldnt fit if the top was up

i was also having trouble shifting cause of the confined space and the goddamn weird ass japanese clutches and trannies

anyways, its a nice fun car but it has no torque at all, i think something like 120ft/lbs which is nothing if you have 2 people in the car... its as if i was pulling a truck on my rear when we were more than 1. at around 6-7000rpm, then i think the v-tech kicks in and u feel the boost, but id expect more for a 35-40k car

I think its awesome. Crazy how Japanese can have so much power (240 horsepower) in that small 2.0/122 inch/4 cylinder engine.. Imagine if they had those huge american v8 engines, how much power distributed! Great looking car too.

See...I have a choice of any car I want if I get into a decent college [...MIT....] And this looks really nice...Im planning on buying a super charger for it...so what would that do?

supercharger would be nice...but there's a delay between pressing the gas and the car actually going.............so i'd suggest putting an intake + turbo since that would suit your car better....it's only 4 cylinder after all

Originally posted by s0ldats

supercharger would be nice...but there's a delay between pressing the gas and the car actually going.............so i'd suggest putting an intake + turbo since that would suit your car better....it's only 4 cylinder after all

superchargers dont have lag a turbo does

they will both boost torque and HP

a supercharger runs off a belt

and a turbo is spun up by exhaust which there is a delay in because you need to make a lot of exhaust to spin the turbo

both will shorten the life of the engine evern more so if you drive crazy

Originally posted by iCe_2x? See...I have a choice of any car I want if I get into a decent college [...MIT....] And this looks really nice...Im planning on buying a super charger for it...so what would that do? b>

Any Car? I would get a M3 then (if you live near me I may get you a hookup so you dont have to be on a 2 month waiting list (atlanta)). Or you can just drive down to Florida or Alabama and get one there (cuz no waiting lists there). My dad told me he would get me a M3 when I graduate college (still got 1 and a half year to go),. But I told him I was gonna get a M5 instead, so he's gonna pay about $50,000 for it.. my trade in car (00 Maxima should get at least $10,000) and I have to pay the rest (about $17,000).. but in one and a half year I might change my mind. I already am now since my friend already has a m5, and bought one despite knowing that it was my dream car and saying that he wasn't gonna get it.. :cross:

I live in FL :) , I know some people down here..but I prolly wont be hookin' up anything until I get up to MIT

The m3 is too big...I want a coupe..no backseat, any other ideas..I think the miata is gay...

Originally posted by scooterman

superchargers dont have lag a turbo does

they will both boost torque and HP

a supercharger runs off a belt

and a turbo is spun up by exhaust which there is a delay in because you need to make a lot of exhaust to spin the turbo

both will shorten the life of the engine evern more so if you drive crazy

So which one is better ?

Originally posted by JnCoKiLLa

its a nice one if ya wanna get ut then do it then..........Me I love the way that car looks........its beutie

It looks awesome..but someone's comments about the torque scarred me..so Im waiting for some of the experts to answer me..

Will I really feel the torque ?

Im happy as long as the car moves and I can get atleast 125+ mph on it

Originally posted by iCe_2x? It looks awesome..but someone's comments about the torque scarred me..so Im waiting for some of the experts to answer me..

Will I really feel the torque ?

Im happy as long as the car moves and I can get atleast 125+ mph on it b>

you mean the lack of torque? i doubt it............s2000 is a great car and quite fast for it's size

Originally posted by bayrider

ive driven one... its alright for a short period, im 6ft 1-2inches (depending on shoes), 190lbs and i was gonna jump out, i was getting too clausterphobic, and i couldnt fit if the top was up

i was also having trouble shifting cause of the confined space and the goddamn weird ass japanese clutches and trannies

anyways, its a nice fun car but it has no torque at all, i think something like 120ft/lbs which is nothing if you have 2 people in the car... its as if i was pulling a truck on my rear when we were more than 1. at around 6-7000rpm, then i think the v-tech kicks in and u feel the boost, but id expect more for a 35-40k car

He comlains about torque...what I want to know..how does torque affect the car ? will i notice that much of a difference ?

Originally posted by s0ldats

lol, turbos have bigger delay considering that they have to spool, and supercharges are belt driven, the delay in a super charger is barely noticeable unless your trying to beat world records...

ice2x torque is best defined as what the car can pull in weight... and 120ft lbs is nothing but its a small car... you can have a million horsepower and watch how fast u can burry the needle to the redline but without any torque you wont have any power transfer to the wheel and to the ground therefore the car wont be so fast. in the S2000 you have quick responses but in the long run 60-70mph ++ you will notice the car not picking up so fast anymore, correct me if im wrong it does the quarter mile in 14.5 seconds>??? thats a lot

and if youre gonna spend the money to have a turbo installed on that car i would seriously reconsider it, for a high tuned engine such as the s2000, i suggest u buy a corvette or something cause a turbo, on that small and higly tuned engine will require a lot of maintenence especially for a noob like yourself

bah...you'll have to keep that thing at 10k rpms where ever you drive it. Get a real engine, like a convertible Mustang or Corvette if you've got the money. Drop a turbo or super in that and you'll notice it. That S2000 will never make torque or hp at low RPMs.

Or, just for the 4-wheel drive and comfort of it, an Audi TT.

And yes, torque is very important. In simple terms, torque = acceleration, horsepower = top speed. If a car makes little torque under a certain RPM, it means you won't be able to accelerate quickly unless you get the car up to and keep it above a certain level of RPMs. American cars have a lot of torque, and can accelerate quick off the line. Cars like the WRX and Evo are Jap cars with low end torque too. The S2000 won't accelerate until you get it to around 6k RPMs, and then needs to stay around 8k for good acceleration.

Well... one of the reasons why I choose a jap car..this one atleast is because of size....A corvette is big....and i'm not really a fan of Corvette's

Again another question, Will I *really* notice it ?? ... [the low torque that is]

yes u will notice it... if you say you wanna drive 120mph + youre gonna hear engine sound like its gonna blow up! cause its so small, and dont **** with turbos or supercharges if you dont even know what torque is :) just a recomendation

and who said a vette is big?? maybe the engine, but thats it

How about the Supra, Celica, MR2, The TT looks nice..but Im just not really going for it, The eclipse...the new ones look really messed up, Im not really liking the firebird either....

If not the S2000, then how is the Celica ?