Honda S2000

Originally posted by bayrider

yes u will notice it... if you say you wanna drive 120mph + youre gonna hear engine sound like its gonna blow up! cause its so small, and dont **** with turbos or supercharges if you dont even know what torque is :) just a recomendation

and who said a vette is big?? maybe the engine, but thats it

Not often ofcourse..I wanna be able to..knowing that I can safely...for example my cpu..I rarely use all 1.8 ghz..but I know I can get there

/edit when I say safely I mean..I wont blow my engine :p

buy a car that'll look nice, but not cost you a **** load to repair. a car is a car, it'll get you from point a to b, no matter what it is. sure the bigger cars are nicer. but are they neccesary? j MO.

i own a 2001 Honda Civic EX, sure it takes a bit to get up to speed, but it looks nice and didn't cost me my lif e savings. :)

I dont know whats with this, but when Im driving the s2000 at AROUND 95+ on a track it has no problem going 90 to 100 quickly. But low end is OK. You get 0 to 60 in 5.3 seconds. Which is very fast and respectable. Go for it.

Supra's were stopped in 98... so if you want one, ur getting it used and once again, u dont know much about cars especially one with 2 turbos, i wouldnt **** around with a supra if i were you...

celica is a nice car, my friend had a GT, it was pretty fun to drive and pretty damn sexy inside :)

i dont know about the other cars, i know the MR 2 is a mid engine

why not a cadillac, if you want something nice

personally i think these look f---in pimp in real life, pictures do the car no justice

03cadillaccts.jpg

S2000 is a nice car, I'll give it 7/10 :)

Above 6000rpm the car is fast, below 6000rpm the car does not seem to have enough pulling power. I don't like the digital speedometer, can't read the digit during bright day (especially if the the speedometer is exposed under direct sunlight). Should shoehorn a turbo or supercharger if necessary :D

S2000's rev hard - 240 bhp @ 8300 rpm. :)

Nice looking car aswell, sort of taken over from the Prelude (...don't know why Honda discontinued that awesome car).

Originally posted by aco

S2000's rev hard - 240 bhp @ 8300 rpm. :)

Nice looking car aswell, sort of taken over from the Prelude (...don't know why Honda discontinued that awesome car).

Prelude sales have been sluggish after losing battle with more appealing Toyota Celica, Honda Integra Type R and Nissan 200SX and of course Subaru Impreza WRX :D

Originally posted by altezza

Prelude sales have been sluggish after losing battle with more appealing Toyota Celica, Honda Integra Type R and Nissan 200SX and of course Subaru Impreza WRX :D

I know you're a Toyota fan, but I have to say the Celica is sluggish (even the GTFour turbo model). You're right though - especially the 200SX and Silvias, there's alot more of them on the road.

Originally posted by aco

I know you're a Toyota fan, but I have to say the Celica is sluggish (even the GTFour turbo model). You're right though - especially the 200SX and Silvias, there's alot more of them on the road.

Even though I still like Celica, it seems that Celica is also sluggish in terms of performance compared to turbocharged cars like 200SX and WRX. Anyway it seems 200SX have taken the crown for medium sports car market :)

The new civic type R looks to much like a hatchback... [..o wait..it is..] and I never liked anything with that big of a back..I just think it looks f*cked up...I've made my decision..the s2000 looks decent...but im not buyin a care till late 2003/ early 2004..so maybe something better will come out...btw..if and when I buy it.. I know someone that can get me a decent deal on parts for example the hard top for it....

Thnx every1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT HAS RED LEATHER!!!! DO NOT BUY THIS CAR

:o

why would you ruin a nice car with red leather? WHY?????:disappoin :disappoin

Well if no M3, I would get the S2000 with a comptech supercharger for the lack of torque. If you look on the web, there's some guy who has 713 hp in the S2K thats still street legal. That's impressive for a 4 cylinder.

Originally posted by Mr_Eckted

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT HAS RED LEATHER!!!! DO NOT BUY THIS CAR

:o

why would you ruin a nice car with red leather? WHY?????:disappoin :disappoin

Who in their right mind would buy red leather...its the best image [quality wise] i could find..so I just posted it... im getting black leather.....

Originally posted by Labtec

Well if no M3, I would get the S2000 with a comptech supercharger for the lack of torque. If you look on the web, there's some guy who has 713 hp in the S2K thats still street legal. That's impressive for a 4 cylinder.

where exactly on the web ?

...street legalness isnt that big of an issue...[well.. IMO anyway]

cauz if it's not street legal..then it's prolly too fast and cops would be able to stop u ..but then again they would prolly out manuver u..so u'd be screwed eitherway:ermm:

good luck and congrats on the car... once again, i emphasise the fact that if youre going to put aftermarket parts ie: supercharger or turbo's, please bear in mind theyre not for noobs to maintain and even drive :) youre not getting an automatic are you?

Originally posted by bayrider

good luck and congrats on the car... once again, i emphasise the fact that if youre going to put aftermarket parts ie: supercharger or turbo's, please bear in mind theyre not for noobs to maintain and even drive :) youre not getting an automatic are you?

it's not availible in auto...Im still not gonna get it for atleast 1.5 years..so in that time I intend on educating my self..

Originally posted by Kevin

If you're going to get it in 03/04, wait for the Acura TL.

I can't wait to see the redesign...

Well..im not sure how much the redesign will differ, but the TL isnt a sports/coupe ... it's a Sedan...

Good lord...some one would have to be a genius to make an automatic system for that car.

You know, you can get the Toyota MR 2 with paddle shifters now...and get it with a blue body and white seats, or red and green, or all sorts of cool color combinations.

Plus, in 1.5 years the 350Z will be around, and maybe even the Evo...

Originally posted by iCe_2x? Well..im not sure how much the redesign will differ, but the TL isnt a sports/coupe ... it's a Sedan... b>

But its still a gorgeous car. Take a look at the TL Type S in person (pics don't do it justice), you'll change your mind...

Originally posted by threetonesun

Good lord...some one would have to be a genius to make an automatic system for that car.

You know, you can get the Toyota MR 2 with paddle shifters now...and get it with a blue body and white seats, or red and green, or all sorts of cool color combinations.

Plus, in 1.5 years the 350Z will be around, and maybe even the Evo...

Thats true..

Take a Toyota Spyder for a ride. The interior is mostly plastic, but much better looking than that sounds. It is mid engined and compares favorable to the Boxster with enough money left over to service and buy gas for the life of two or three Spyders!

The insurance rate is not insane, like a vett and at 32 MPG you can even feel a little smug about helping the enviroment and stuffing an oil company.

Biggest down side is the lack of trunk space, but you can carry enough for a long weekend for two, behind the seats. They also do not come with a redar dectector as standard equipment. BUY ONE!

It might not be the first car off the line, especially with a good looking blonde sitting next to you (they come as standard equipment).;), but I can stay with and pass cars costing 3 and 4 times a much on the back roads and still get a respectful move on a green light.

Originally posted by Chick

Take a Toyota Spyder for a ride. The interior is mostly plastic, but much better looking than that sounds. It is mid engined and compares favorable to the Boxster with enough money left over to service and buy gas for the life of two or three Spyders!

The insurance rate is not insane, like a vett and at 32 MPG you can even feel a little smug about helping the enviroment and stuffing an oil company.

Biggest down side is the lack of trunk space, but you can carry enough for a long weekend for two, behind the seats. They also do not come with a redar dectector as standard equipment. BUY ONE!

It might not be the first car off the line, especially with a good looking blonde sitting next to you (they come as standard equipment).;), but I can stay with and pass cars costing 3 and 4 times a much on the back roads and still get a respectful move on a green light.

as I am in a very...very lazy mood...How much does this cost, and do you own one ? I dont really like it..I think it's modeled too much after the Boxster

Originally posted by iCe_2x? as I am in a very...very lazy mood...How much does this cost, and do you own one ? I dont really like it..I think it's modeled too much after the Boxster b>

lol, yeah, I'd hate to have a car that uses a Porsche for inspiration.

But the MR 2 (Spyder, same thing) has been around longer than the Boxster. Just, in a slightly different form.

They run around $25k, I believe?

And Chick, how big is the storage space, exactly? My dad has been looking at them, but he's worried that he won't be able to fit anything in it.