February (2006) Workstations

But Packard Bell do still sell stuff over here(UK).

Packard Bell still do sell stuff in the UK, but only through DSG outlets (whether this is exclusive I don't know). John Lewis and a few others used to sell them donkey's years ago, but no longer.

Certainly in the UK, Packard Bell are owned by NEC.

Not done reorganizing yet because of the new desk but I?m slowing in the process. This is stuff just thrown in different places to make it look some what full haha

post-26431-1138821770_thumb.jpg

Nothings changed really since last time. Just thought i'd include a picture of the ridiculous tower that Packard Bell made....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/inf...an/P2010008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/inf...an/P2010003.jpg

looks like toy ;)

My workstation as of jan 29th:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40118828@N00/...057594055677131

92582394_62bdd15998.jpg?v=0

- New 24" Dell

- 19" 930BF Samsung (4ms latency for WindowsMediaPlayer, yeah baby!)

- Logitech 2.1 Z2300 speakers

- Logitech MX3100 Desktop

- ASUS A6Va notebook (now with 80GB 7200rpm Hitachi HDD)

- Antec P180 case (specs: http://tweakers.net/gallery/76656/sys)

What Samsung monitor is that? Looks like one of N-Series.

For crying out loud, WHO CARES? I'm so sick of people posting this everytime a new thread is made. I find it much easier to keep track and I also don't end up staring at a bunch of broken images or quotes referring to posts 30 pages ago.

What doesn't make sense is complaining about these threads every single month. Just get over it already.

okay

i cant remember where i said "lets go back to the old way where there was so many pages that there were format errors on the first 100 pages"

i said the month does not make sense

quarterly is what would be perfect, because what happens in most desktop threads is the first pages is filled with a lot of identical pictures from last months. Seeing as most people do not clean their desk monthly and very very rarely get new hardware to display on their desk. If you havent noticed a good percent of people have already posted their identical workstation photos from last thread...

Here's my 'desk' at the house I am renting during college this year. I hate the walls, but it is kinda cheap. The 6' long folding plastic table was easy to transport, cheap and has lots of space. Monitor is Samsung 730b, Logitech z-230 speakers, logitech mx518 mouse, Sony 3.2 MP Cyber-shot, and my recently finished Star Wars DVD collection between the PS2 and Soul Calibur 3. On the far right I have a CD spindle that I use as a candy container.

DSC00912.jpg

@ rliu: nice speakers haha

edit: Almost forgot to give the shout out for my loud as hell IBM Model-M Space Saver keyboard from 1980-something that I found in a pile of junk and love to type on now.

edit: Almost forgot to give the shout out for my loud as hell IBM Model-M Space Saver keyboard from 1980-something that I found in a pile of junk and love to type on now.

yay! these ultra-fast-gaming-1337-h3xx0r-extreme usb 3.0 killer-keyboards really are great. :)

btw... i am just typing on something with the lable "cherry" on it. :yes:

okay

i cant remember where i said "lets go back to the old way where there was so many pages that there were format errors on the first 100 pages"

i said the month does not make sense

quarterly is what would be perfect, because what happens in most desktop threads is the first pages is filled with a lot of identical pictures from last months. Seeing as most people do not clean their desk monthly and very very rarely get new hardware to display on their desk. If you havent noticed a good percent of people have already posted their identical workstation photos from last thread...

Agreed 100%

No one wants a 360 page thread! But quarterly or at least bimonthly is more practical IMO.