Real Nintendo DS Lite Shots!

Looks like DS Lite will use a different power adapter than the original DS and there's a microphone connector at the bottom. :o

Yeah, the power adapter is different, but it doesn't really matter much. And there was always a microphone connector, right beside the headphone jack. I think the thing you're refering to is where the stylus goes in!

It looks very nice! definately smaller. I just hope i won't accidentally turn it on in my pocket with that unprotected power button :pinch:

i'm so confused..... this is what IGN says:

# The DS Lite will ditch the Game Boy Advance SP and Nintendo DS AC adapter port for the more compact Game Boy Micro AC adapter port.

# The Game Boy Advance slot on the DS Lite will have a protective, removable slot cover to protect the port when not in use. And most likely to make gaming a bit more comfortable on the fingers that grip down there.

??????????? WTF ??????????? :angry:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/686/686966p1.html

# The DS Lite will ditch the Game Boy Advance SP and Nintendo DS AC adapter port for the more compact Game Boy Micro AC adapter port.

# The Game Boy Advance slot on the DS Lite will have a protective, removable slot cover to protect the port when not in use. And most likely to make gaming a bit more comfortable on the fingers that grip down there.

What exactly what confusing about what you posted?

When I saw the press shots I was impressed. Finally they had evolved the DS into somthing which didnt look like a $1 peice of plastic.

Unfortunately, in the real shots, they dont look anywhere near as good, whats going on?

Oh well.

When I saw the press shots I was impressed. Finally they had evolved the DS into somthing which didnt look like a $1 peice of plastic.

Unfortunately, in the real shots, they dont look anywhere near as good, whats going on?

Oh well.

Lets go over this again. It's not that hard.

"Mind you these are prototype shots, not the finished full-white, glossy product."

Reading comprehension is fun!

What exactly what confusing about what you posted?

what's confusing is that they're saying the DS lite will abandon the GBA slot, to save space... and then the 2nd point states that the GBA slot will have a cover to protect it...... :blink:

this is how i interpret it:

# The DS Lite will ditch:

-the Game Boy Advance SP (for nothing)

-Nintendo DS AC adapter port (for the more compact Game Boy Micro AC adapter port.)

now obviously, looking at the pictures, i'm comforted since I see the slot..... but... why confuse me by saying that the DS lite will ditch the gameboy advance slot? assuming that they're saying.... we're ditching the GBA slot, for the Game Boy Micro game slot...... well, wasn't it that already in the first place?

Looks good. I think I might pick one up along with the Revolution. :D

Also, it appears that the brightness will be adjusted within the DS. I would prefer a slider on the side, but it's still good. :)

they wont abandon the GBA slot, it is already used for a rumble pack, and they are to bring out other softwares fo r the ds which will be on GBA cart, such as the organizer planned.

i think once glossy it will look nice... however it will have to come in a glossy black for me to trade my original ds in ;)

what's confusing is that they're saying the DS lite will abandon the GBA slot, to save space... and then the 2nd point states that the GBA slot will have a cover to protect it...... :blink:

this is how i interpret it:

# The DS Lite will ditch:

-the Game Boy Advance SP (for nothing)

-Nintendo DS AC adapter port (for the more compact Game Boy Micro AC adapter port.)

now obviously, looking at the pictures, i'm comforted since I see the slot..... but... why confuse me by saying that the DS lite will ditch the gameboy advance slot? assuming that they're saying.... we're ditching the GBA slot, for the Game Boy Micro game slot...... well, wasn't it that already in the first place?

didnt they mean ditch the current adaptor port for one similar to the SP, but cover the gameboy cartridge slot..

It's not difficult...

The AC Adaptor socket from the Original DS and the GBA SP has been replaced with the smaller Game Boy Micro AC Adaptor socket. The Original DS and the GBA SP use the same AC Adaptor socket, this socket has been ditched in favour of the GBmicro one.

The Game Boy Advance Game Pak Slot (known on the DS as "Slot 2"), is still present, which always had to be the case, since it is used in DS games like Metroid Pinball to enhance the system.

They're ditching the GBASP/DS AC adapter port for the smaller GBA Micro port. That's what it means.

ohhhhh ok, never mind then, i read it as:

The DS Lite will ditch the Game Boy Advance SP (port) and Nintendo DS AC adapter port for the more compact Game Boy Micro AC adapter port.