Zelda:TP (Playing Around in Toaru Village Video)

Laughing-Man

I think this is an extension of the E3 demo of some footage not shown in other videos. Nice music, weird looking item menu for a Zelda game.

Video: Linky

Pc_Madness

looks like N64 graphics :(

*SLAP* How dare you speak ill of Zelda!

Looking good :)

Laughing-Man
looks like N64 graphics :(

Yes, the resemblance to its N64 predecessor is uncanny.

post-4044-1139461841_thumb.jpg

Evil Dragon

I'll be honest... I hated that music. I mean, I'm looking forward to the game, but it had better have better music. It just didn't sound like zelda.

giga

Looks nice, especially the water with the reflections.

quigley0

lol, the music sounds like the music from the SNES "Secret of Mana" game...

-=Monkey Boy=-

Looks ok, i'm sure my brother will buy it, I never got into a Zelda game its one of those kind of games I just cannot complete.

RevelMore

Okay to be brutally honest, sometimes they make Link look to feminine

lostspyder

Yes, the resemblance to its N64 predecessor is uncanny.

Is that a shot from the video, cause I must have missed that one.

Watch the vidoe. The video looks like n64 graphics.

black.ops

Is that a shot from the video, cause I must have missed that one.

Watch the vidoe. The video looks like n64 graphics.

I think you need glasses :rolleyes:

Sn4k36

Damm that dog looks like it would bite ur damm head off :p

From the screenshots above.. I haven't seen that part of the video either.

magik

Why was the milk in the bottle 'half empty', just want kind of message are they trying to portray here? Hmm??? :p

Steffan

What plugin do I need? I have sorta switch over to NLD to help test it out for my uni. Thanks.

forster

Im honestly not that impressed - I can see the resemblence to the N64 version, the town / characters, whilst definately higher textured / poly count, seem to move and behave like they did in the previous games.

Ill be very disappointed if I play this and there are few new features, if it is just a higher res version of the N64 games (albeit with slightly different plot) I think Ill let this one pass me by.

ElementalDragon

honestly i don't see how you think it looks like the N64 games. it's a MUCH better look, and NO they don't move the same. they seem to have a MUCH more fluid movement in here. as for the person who posted those two pics...... uuh... no. once again someone who DOESN'T PAY ATTENTION! around the time of all that Spaceworld 2000 (or whatever it was called) Zelda video..... Nintendo said that something along those lines would be released, but not as of then. they said they would release an interrim game to hold us Zelda fans over during the time period before the awesome looking game comes out. Wind Waker was that game. not only was it fun, it was also like a test-bed for Nintendo.... seeing what the community thought about the new fighting system and everything else. Why Cell shaded? cause it's easier to make, and wouldn't take as much time to make.

as for the first picture he posted with the funky looking link...... those were screens that were out, i believe, before even the E3 video. i don't think Nintendo ever had plans to make Link look like that.

jami_welch

what plug in is needed to watch the video in safari>

forster

honestly i don't see how you think it looks like the N64 games. it's a MUCH better look, and NO they don't move the same. they seem to have a MUCH more fluid movement in here. as for the person who posted those two pics...... uuh... no. once again someone who DOESN'T PAY ATTENTION! around the time of all that Spaceworld 2000 (or whatever it was called) Zelda video..... Nintendo said that something along those lines would be released, but not as of then. they said they would release an interrim game to hold us Zelda fans over during the time period before the awesome looking game comes out. Wind Waker was that game. not only was it fun, it was also like a test-bed for Nintendo.... seeing what the community thought about the new fighting system and everything else. Why Cell shaded? cause it's easier to make, and wouldn't take as much time to make.

as for the first picture he posted with the funky looking link...... those were screens that were out, i believe, before even the E3 video. i don't think Nintendo ever had plans to make Link look like that.

You cant call someones opinion about something wrong - if I said it was a FACT you could say it was wrong, but thats it. I couldnt care less, to be truthful, as to how you see it.

It does look like the N64 games, the mechanics of the engine are remarkably similar to OoT from the video. Whether it plays differently remains to be seen.

Im not saying the N64 mechanics were bad - dont get me wrong - they were great and extremely functional, no point in fixing something that isnt broken, but I would have hoped to have seen more advances from the video rather than run around, talk to randon person doing idle animation, random task, reward.

Its a time proven formula, it works, but I was hoping for more.

ElementalDragon

well..... we've still got a few months left till it's released....... possibly some improvements to be made along that time.... and that video is how many months old, if it actually is a continuation of the E3 video?

I'm sure that the Nintendo "Revolution" functionality that they're adding to it will provide enough of a boost in "mechanics" for ya.

Steffan

what plug in is needed to watch the video in safari>

media player