Live Messenger Refresh Now Available

what was that team smoking when they came up with this new UI, i also really dont like the way messenger returned to the old status icons.

Holy crap...the interface is BUTT UGLY. It came up orange by default, and I almost threw up. Are the UI designers over in Seattle all smoking something?

(By the way, if anybody still wants an invite, just e-mail ajh697-wlm@yahoo.ca and I'll hook you up.)

It came up as a royal purple for me!!!!! Wow, kind of ugly.

I'm playing with the paint thing now, took me about 5 minutes to find where they relocated it, I thought they got rid of it when I didn't see it on the top.

Anyone find a good color, if so what hex is it. I'm trying to find something that looks nice.

What else is new with this? Anything. Or did they just drop a few things and change the looks. Like the contact list doesn't bounce around / expand anymore.

Edit: Actualy, after changin the colors a lot. The royal purple or royal blue, its kind of half way inbetween the two look. Is the best color I have seen, nothing else looks good, or is eassy on my eyes. I just don't like any color combination.

Don't worry people, there will be enough people kicking up a stink at connect to make them re-think the UI a little ;) .

Don't worry people, there will be enough people kicking up a stink at connect to make them re-think the UI a little ;) .

I sure hope so. I MUCH prefer the 7.5 UI to this one. Come to think of it, I recall mentioning the fact that I liked the 6.2 UI much better than the 7.0 UI when it came out.

I guess things just take time to grow on you. I'm sure we'll all be used to this new UI soon enough.

I'd have to agree with everyone's comments here. They seriously messed it up. The previous build looked more finished than this crap. The old status icons just don't fit in, and the UI doesn't look as refined.