[Beta 1] Gui.Air

b0se your themes always amazing me. The first time I saw this theme I knew it was going to be awesome, and then you changed the start button and I about pooped my pants. I really like the new start button and everything about this theme. The color is perfect and active (in use) tab is oh so nice. I also really dig the line at the bottom; I never really noticed it before on anything but it fits this theme perfect. You’re a msstyle MASTER. GJ again

It's nice and I'm going to give it a try, but the concept looked better IMO. It was much simpler (the Start button was just text, for example) and the min/max/close buttons were neater. I think the black close button in the concept goes better with the theme because it matches the black yes/ok button and the scroll bar. Mousing over the scrollbar turns it orange, which obviously doesn't match this blue theme. Is that done on purpose or will it eventually match the theme color, which in this case would be blue? I think it would work much better if the scrollbar mouseover did match the theme color. As of right now this theme reminds me too much of b0se DMX because of the colors, a theme which I used for a long time, with parts, such as the start menu, task shape, and min/max/close buttons, from a couple other themes. Those are my thoughts on the theme from comparing screenshots of concept and beta one and for using it for a couple of minutes.

gui.air2.jpg

great stuff as always bose... i'm gonna wait patiently for a WB version.. as your best work is always with WB..

keep up the good work bro.

:yes: :yes: :yes: I'll be trying SkinStudio to convert this to WB5, but the result isn't always good....Thsi looks awesome...

Look at my attachment thats what it says

i would say to open explorer window go to tools/folder options/view and uncheck "Hide extensions of know file types" i had to unzip it one time and had a file with no extension, i just added .zip and extracted it again.

good luck

oddly enough I haven't been very fond of changing styles in XP until I found b0se's XPMC style the other day and loved it...

ever since then i've been hanging out for gui.air and i must say that it's amazingly awsome, especially for only being a beta 1 release.

keep up the good work b0se.

it looks amazing!

Wow! I have been waiting for this for a long time. Was it worth it? :yes: :yes: :yes:

Amazing work b0se! It is unbeleviably usable yet very original. I can't wait for the final release. (Y)

Beautiful work! I've been a constant visitor on these forums and I must sign up to say amazing job, please keep it up. It is my opinion that you should bring back the triangle and circle minimize maximize, from the mock up! Also, keep the line on the bottom, it keeps the whole tabbed feel of your minmized programs, it's wonderful.

downloading as i type.

i must say, fro the ss, it looks sexy.

after downloading.....

the white line/bar at the bottom of the taskbar is something new...... guess i'll get used to it.

thank you for this lovely vs

Edited by way2quik

Black buttons are staying, its part of the design. They will grow on you, just takes some initial getting used to because its different.

Bose, could you maybe change the color of the text to white? It is kinda hard to see the words. Overall I love the theme. (If you think it should stay, I find it perfectly fine, just easier to see the words.) :laugh:

downloading as i type.

i must say, fro the ss, it looks sexy.

after downloading.....

the white line/bar at the bottom of the taskbar is something new...... guess i'll get used to it.

thank you for this lovely vs

Ha Ha, I love that gray line! :laugh:

Edited by Kira-Kun

I must say, this has exceeded all of my expectations. In the beginning, I really couldnt see myself using this at all. It seemed to big and bulky. But much to my surprise, youve done an EXCELLENT job on this one.

The only thing I could ask for is a WindowBlinds port to take advantage of removing the Icon and make the corners do exactly what you want. Are there any plans of that happening?

The bar on the bottom of the taskbar works quite well. Im not sure why people dont (or at least didnt in the screenshot -- I chose to skip reading three pages) like it.

Only thing Im not a fan of is the large fonts, but I would be willing to place a large bet that will be fixed. (yes, I saw the "7. FONTS ARE NOT FINAL." -- just make sure to include something around the size of 7pt Tahoma.)

Once again, awesome job.

Thanks.

Great theme !!! Simply amazing!

My questions:

The disabled buttons are only flat text. Do you plan to leave them as they are or do you make a disabled button border? And the highlight color from some elements (scrollbars, combobox arrows are (still) orange. Do you change them for the ergo theme to match the ergo blue color?

trAsher :)

after using it for a few hours now, im just wondering if there was any chance of having something different happen when i get a message over msn.

im only new to visual styles and im not sure what its called but when i get a message it sort of flashes black outline....i was thinking a brighter colour on the background (orange or green even) would be alot easier to notice.

other then that its simply amazing. thanks.

Looks stunning mate, can't wait to check it out when I get home.

Hope the black one looks as shiny as the concepts (if it is in there yet :))