Do not inform the thread that you just reported a post

:laugh: I remember on some other forum, a moron (seriously, he was an idiot) was reported, told he was reported, and he exploded. He started swearing and going really personal, a thing that eventually got him perm. banned. In his case, that was the best case for everyone, so there is some good in telling them they were reported.

Perhaps but I don't need the stress. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Noticing this more and more again... I'm going to start warning if this doesn't stop.

Saw a topic with >5 replies telling the thread isn't allowed. Quite funny actually.

You guys seem to be reporting all the time :| I hardly ever see anything thats against the rules, only the occasional spammer trying to sell stuff...

I participate in quite a few discussions over at the Mac subforums. If a reply is immature or unheard - so therefore not adding anything to the discussion - I report it. This happens quite a few times though the last week I saw it decrease.

Also, when reading General Discussion, I notice people dropping their threads there because they don't know where to go to. I then inform a moderator using the report button.

I think it depends whether you could and will use it often on which forums you read. Sometimes forums need a lot of attention while others hardly need any at all. It's also a matter of "willing". If you're not "concentrating" on it you won't notice things as fast but I tend to concentrate a lot when participating in discussions.

• 9 months later...

reported...

no but seriously. I usually do inform/post that their thread's reported when the poster is a scammer/spammer who registered for the sake of spreading bs in the forums. At least it lets them know that an alarm started to ring, and sooner or later they will get kicked out. A car alarm can only do so little, but its point is to alert to the person to GTFAway

Is that wrong?

reported...

no but seriously. I usually do inform/post that their thread's reported when the poster is a scammer/spammer who registered for the sake of spreading bs in the forums. At least it lets them know that an alarm started to ring, and sooner or later they will get kicked out. A car alarm can only do so little, but its point is to alert to the person to GTFAway

Is that wrong?

Yes... and posting in those threads bump them up in the recent topic displays as well which gives them more publicity.

I tend to report and move on. Although today i replied to one, but it wasnt a reply such as "reported"

I used to, but have not done that for a while.

Same here I just report and go to next thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Even more pointless if it's one of those spam posts, no one reads those, and plus replying to it bumps the thread to the top of the list.

• 3 months later...
But when reporting somebody... don't post that you reported them. I mean seriously... think about it in the real world... are you going to walk up to somebody stealing a car and say... oh btw... I called the cops on you. You'd probably get shot.

No, I would walk up to said jackass stealing my car and tell them that I just called the police, and then I'd shoot them before they shot me.

Back on topic though, I completely agree. I'm guilty of doing this. :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Update: Please don't report typos, spelling, or grammatical errors. (unless its a news article)

Those aren't rule breaking issues, and are a waste of time for staff to sort through.

Thank you.

Edited by shockz

• 3 months later...