Registry Hack on Aero Glass in 5308

the registry hack doesnt work in vista 5308 to enable aero glass, both the old or new methods???

i need aero glass, pleaz help me with the aero glass issue!!!!

it worked for me in every other build!

then dont bother, they probably took out any kind of hacks to enable it on unsupported cards... they are unsupported for a reason you know

I honestly don't understand your reply. To date every Longhorn/Vista build had an overwrite feature to enable Aero, the question of this thread is simple: What is the reg key to enable it in build 5308 (if there still is one)?

If xxosvista6xx and others want to know what it is to take a look around what's the big deal?

Seriously, how can you *NEED* a glass effect :/

Is there like a man with a knife behind you, threatening you, asking you to show him vista glass effects or else or something

I've got the same problem. It looks like the UseMachineCheck DWORD has moved to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM but when I restart DWM the whole desktop just flickers constantly as if it's half starting then falling over. :no:

Has anyone with an unsupported card got glass working?

It was posted as a topic in this sub-forum yesterday. It was a guide co-written by Chris123NT but not posted on his site.

Maybe it was removed for some reason?

EDIT: I searched by browser history and I THINK this was it:

http://digitalfive.org/windows-vista-febru...ips-and-tricks/

That's the 5270 guide...they just changed the wording.

Seriously, how can you *NEED* a glass effect :/

Is there like a man with a knife behind you, threatening you, asking you to show him vista glass effects or else or something

Haha yeah, I know what you mean. I feel the same.

I HAVE NONSTOP FLICKERING THANKS FOR DAMN GUIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW DO I FIX THE DAMN THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????

hehehe, same here!!! I went safe mode, but the registry key is no longer there. :laugh:

dude... you just overwrote a setting in the registry that people warned you about knowing your card was unsupported, and now you're screaming at the person who finally helped you find what you asked for. On top of it all, it's a BETA OS. Shut up please.

Start in safe mode and undo the changes you made to the registry.

Forcing Glass on Non-WDDM Compatible Cards

WARNING: This tweak may cause a blue screen loop or constant flicker depending on your video card. Use with extreme caution, this tweak is really only here for documentary purposes only.

says it all really :D

There has to be a way to enable aero glass.. u kno how we had enablemachinecheck then we had usemachinecheck....? well dwm is running so why would we need to do that, can't we create a key DWM and use a DWORD glass with a value of 1???

dude... you just overwrote a setting in the registry that people warned you about knowing your card was unsupported, and now you're screaming at the person who finally helped you find what you asked for. On top of it all, it's a BETA OS. Shut up please.

Start in safe mode and undo the changes you made to the registry.

Agreed.

1. If you're stupid enough to run it on something other than a development PC then you slightly deserved it. It's not perfect. That's why it's a Beta.
  2. People told you it wasn't smart to enable it without the supported hardware.
  3. WARNING: This tweak may cause a blue screen loop or constant flicker depending on your video card. Use with extreme caution, this tweak is really only here for documentary purposes only.
    That's straight from the guide. If you didn't read it then you deserve this.
  4. Unless you have a gun to your head, you aren't going to die because of not having a glass effect.
  5. It's rather rude to yell at someone for telling you what you asked (as B4L1STA pointed out).
  6. Safe mode is your friend. If the key isn't there (as with xUnix) then refer to #7.
  7. If all else fails just reinstall. If you don't want to then refer to #1.

Sorry to sound a bit harsh, but the point in the end is: It's a Beta, you aren't going to die (I think), and read the warnings next time.

I HAVE NONSTOP FLICKERING THANKS FOR DAMN GUIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW DO I FIX THE DAMN THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????

Not YOU again??

And hum... no... you do not NEED Aero Glass on your PIRATED version of Vista with your GeForce2MX......

But you NEED a English course... I'm better than you while my main language is French..

I speak better than you and also, I don't have a pirated version of vista, who gave u that idea???

ppl, u think a person with a knife is behind me ready to kill me if he doesnt get to see aero glass, well i have a blog, nd i have been using that registry hack all along to make it look like aero glass, but now all of a sudden, that registry hack doesnt work, i need a new registry hack to make it work.... nd pleaz i want my sidebar lookin nice not ugly black!!!

cYAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!