Windows Live Messenger Build 0566

What's funny is that the more changes they make the more it starts looking like version 7.5 :D

They are really on the ball here.

:rolleyes:

no kidding... this thing looks like 7.5 more and more after every revision...

yep i agree.....but too bad there isnt much different/new features on this new build :( also...its anoying things keep going from left to right and right to left! :( oh well...hope the next"er" one 'll be better :D

*checking connect*

EDIT: nope no new build yt :(

*checking connect*

perhaps because it's night over there? :p

Redmond, Washington is about 9 hours after us. So I would say it will be released this evening (for Europeans) or you'll get it when you get up tomorrow.

I think it was a typo on the official space. There is no way they would release a version that has build number lower the previous one (the one before was build 562). so it should be 566...

Yeah, but later on the text she talked about build 522 and how it was right aligned o.O.

Edited by kryptonate

I rather have them create a new GUI for once instead of the same one for the past few versions :/. Personally I think WLM has got enough features allready (well big ones). Some of the existing ones could be improved.

yep i agree.....but too bad there isnt much different/new features on this new build :( also...its anoying things keep going from left to right and right to left! :( oh well...hope the next"er" one 'll be better :D

*checking connect*

It will be via an update when you start it, I don't even think it will be on Connect...

According to the blog, they're saying it's coming out today, not tomorrow. It was posted yesterday saying that it was going to be released today so it should be anytime now. Sometime before 11:59 tonight, hopefully.

Right now, I am 3 hours ahead of Redmond time. It's 9am. Give them another couple of hours before they get to work today.

For everyone saying that the icons look like 7.5:

Brought back status icons so you can tell ?busy? v. ?away? If you think it looks outdated ? we agree ? we're working on icons that are both good lookng AND show ?busy? v. ?away?

On the Messenger blog site it says that all current beta testers can download this version (.566).

I am a beta tester and I went to ideas.live.com to download the latest version and the version that comes down is still old (.356).

Where the heck do you get this version (.566)?