Windows Live Messenger Build 0566

Works for me now. I like the new look. I would have prefered it to be darker, but it looks really good.

If anyone from Microsoft checks these forums....good job. I'm liking it :D

IF your having problems installing WLM Build 0566, try to UNINSTALL MESSENGER BETA, then delete the MSN Messenger Folder!

install from external link (one available on neowin) and install that way.. do a required reboot, and enjoy :D

If anyone cares, my opinions on the new UI can be found in screenshots on this page: http://jordananton.googlepages.com

Remember this is only my opinion. I would like to see who agrees with me and who doesnt.

Despite the fact that I only point out the wrongs of the UI, I actually do think it is a great improvement from the last build and think they are on the right track. But fixing these little extra things would make it that much better.

i dont quite like the new interface...its way too bright, spacings are too big. bloody ancient icons. even older 3666? build had better icons. i actually liked it more. will get used to it anyway :)

The only improvement for me is the Contact list. I hated that hoover thingie, zooming on the contact and stuff. Downright ugly and not really usable. I did however like the ... what to call it... the glassy ui with the possibility of changing color. I thought that was pretty sweet and really aesthetic. The contact list now is better, but i miss the glassy ui. These colors are just too faint and bright. Makes it look like a white square.

:(

ok, i see. suppose to be ads. haven't seen those in such long while that i have forgotten about them.

like blacklotus, i hated the zoom thing. but overall i like the interface better than the previous build.

i reckon this build is an improvement from the previous 0562 build...layout looks a whole lot better imo...but that annoying "what i'm listening to" bug is still present :shifty:

GUI is abit improved since previous build...

and yes, it said on connect site that you need to uninstall any previous builds first...

o well...lets hope they start steering away from 7.5 now.. :unsure:

I really like the new design of this build. Its alot cleaner. My brother commented about how hard to look at the old one was. This new one looks more like the first one.

Looks good a big improvement.

They have finally got rid of that nasty notification area icon also. New one looks a whole lot better.