3. NDS - Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 - 33,738

4. PS2 - Guilty Gear XX Accent Core - 31,773 - NEW

5. Wii - Wii Sports - 28,612

6. NDS - Brain Training 2 - 20,662

7. NDS - New Super Mario Bros. - 19,907

8. Wii - Wii Play - 19,718

9. NDS - More English Training - 18,885

10. NDS - Momotarou Dentetsu DS: Tokyo & Japan - 16,395

in terms of the system and at this early stage the games, the ps3 and the 360 are essentially the same system, just in different colors. at the price the 360 is compared to the ps3 there's absolutely no reason that it shouldn't be at least matching the ps3 sales.

i'll say my belief again, most people in japan buying the ps3 buy it just for the blu-ray. there's not buying games for it which is hurting Sony.

There are several things working against Micorsoft.

1. FPS/Combat Action/Sports are popular here... but only so so over there. The Final Fantasy's, the Suikoden's, Xenosaga, plus the games what we call "quarky" of crazy mini games... etc type games where are they some "token" game(s) for the xbox360

2. Culture, Japanese have a strong brand loyalty when it comes to buying an home company product vs foreign company.

The popular style American games are not so popular. The lack of RPG/Anime RPG/Action RPG is what holds me back from getting an Xbox360. Looks at the PS2 RPG library compared to both xbox and xbox 360 add in the culture resistance and price to "match" the ps3....

I think culture resistance is being overblown. Brand loyalty maybe, but even then the PS3 isn't seeing the sales #s the PS2 did or is even still doing. You could say the cheaper price of the PS2 is keeping it going, but that's only part of it. The PS2 still has a few good games that come out, RPGs and other games that Japanese players like alot.

The point is, it's all about the games! Price is also in the mix, but that's not to say the 360 won't sell as good or better than the PS3 if they had the same games. The PS3 has a few exclusives that keep it afloat at this point. Many of these are on the top 10 most wanted list in Japan. While the 360 at this point only has one, Lost Odysee from Mistwalker. IF the 360 had 3 or 4 games in the top to get list in japan like the PS3 does, than you'd see their sales be the same.

In the end, we're all gamers, and we buy systems to play the games we like on them. The 360 does get a good chunk of Japanese 3rd party support, but not many of the big brand names that would help push it more, like FF and MGS4.

Bloody hell, if it wasn't for Guilty Gear it would of been a 10 for 10 for Nintendo again...

Guilty Gear is a great franchise though, it deserves the top 10 spot, regardless of the console its on!

^ At one point the 360 did, in fact, have 3 games on the "most wanted" list. It didn't seem to help much.

That "Most Wanted" list that Famitsu does is so stupid. It never gives any indication of how well a game is going to do. I mean, Zelda was pretty high up on the list before it came out and that dropped off the charts pretty fast, and Blue Dragon was on there forawhile and that didn't see much popularity either.

Zelda has never done good in japan since the old SNES days, after the N64 and up, it's strong sales have all been in the US and not in Japan. The same can be said for MGS which sells way more in the US and not that much in Japan.

Although the list famitsu does might seem or could be pointless/stupid. Many people read it and fallow what is said. Specially their review scores for games.

im really surprised how low the ps3 sales are....it seems ever week they get closer to the 360 sales, which truly shows that sony's fan base are not sheeple

Next week should be interesting for the 360, now that another JRPG is out. I can't wait for those numbers.

Next week should be interesting for the 360, now that another JRPG is out. I can't wait for those numbers.

Eh.. it might get a small bump for the week but then it will slide back down.

When are the big games for the PS3 coming out in Japan and the US?

Like Winning Eleven, (Singstar, personal favourite after WE), GT5, FFXIII, DMC3, MGS4 and all other big name games?

nice jump by the 360 this week. there's hope for it after all lol. next week will be interesting to see if trusty bell can keep the 360's sales up, or if it's just a 1-week wonder. same goes for ninja gaiden sigma and the ps3.

folks soul is coming next week in japan, so i think console sales will stay above 9k for the ps3. 10k? doubt it.

I'm guessing 1-week-wonder. I havent seen a game push the Xbox up for more than a week or two yet. And up still isnt even close to the top...

June 11 - 17

DSL - 118,684

Wii - 65,521

PSP - 33,359

PS2 - 11,974

PS3 - 9,481

Xbox360 - 7,583

GBASP - 472

GBM - 371

GC - 223

GBA - 24

DS - 0

If it weren't for Ninja Gaiden the 360 would have probably come real close to matching or besting PS3 this week.

You also have to remember that any sales push Trusty Bell gave to the 360 wasn't for the whole week, only for the 14th-17th, The first 3 days are lost. It's probably the same for the PS3 with NGS, if they had the same release date, but I don't know.

You also have to remember that any sales push Trusty Bell gave to the 360 wasn't for the whole week, only for the 14th-17th, The first 3 days are lost. It's probably the same for the PS3 with NGS, if they had the same release date, but I don't know.

yup, they had the same release date.

Wow, the 360 is actually moving some units. I support Microsoft's endeavor in Japan. :) (Even though they completely screwed up the Japanese launch)

June 11 - 17

DSL - 118,684

Wii - 65,521

PSP - 33,359

PS2 - 11,974

PS3 - 9,481

Xbox360 - 7,583

GBASP - 472

GBM - 371

GC - 223

GBA - 24

DS - 0