Latest Japanese Hardware Sales

At this rate, depending on how popular Forza is in Japan, we might see the 360 on top of the PS3 for one week in Japan soon.

Forza 2 comes out there in less than a week.

At this rate, depending on how popular Forza is in Japan, we might see the 360 on top of the PS3 for one week in Japan soon.

No way that will happen, since MS doesn't advertise their console and games on TV in Japan.

People won't buy something they don't know exists :laugh:

No way that will happen, since MS doesn't advertise their console and games on TV in Japan.

People won't buy something they don't know exists :laugh:

Sometimes word of mouth takes a bit to get going ;)

I think they'll start to advertise more for games they know will sell good. They did more with Blue Dragon and it sold what they expected it to sell iirc.

I'm amazed.. the blockbuster 360 is still selling just a thousand or two a week. What a killer! /sarcasm :p

Like I could care, I'm rooting for the winning team ;) :rofl:

Microsoft advertises the games over there, their advertising just sucks plain and simple. It's probably worse than Nintendo's advertising was during the gamecube days here in America. I can't really say about you all but i know personally I don't ever see any Wii commercials and I damn sure didn't see any gamecube commercials for literally like 3 years. That has always been Nintendo's main problem, a lack of marketing and advertising.

unfortunately for MS it seems they haven't learned from those previous mistakes and their previous one with Xbox 1 in Japan. They appear to be doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for a different result this time.

Famitsu Hardware 5/14 - 5/20

DS Lite - 112,080

Wii - 57,654

PSP - 26,044

PS2 - 11,740

PS3 - 8,189

Xbox360 - 2,296

BWAHAHAHA!! WTF is the MS marketing team doing over there? And why in the hell hasn't every single one of them been fired by now?

More or less the same as last week. Nintendo on top, the PS3 falling a bit more, and the 360 going up a bit.

BWAHAHAHA!! WTF is the MS marketing team doing over there? And why in the hell hasn't every single one of them been fired by now?

they need a freaking price cut obviously! Surely the price of making the x360 goes down by the month, knock of $50 clams and sales will jump once you invade the Wii territory

they need a freaking price cut obviously! Surely the price of making the x360 goes down by the month, knock of $50 clams and sales will jump once you invade the Wii territory

A price cut isnt going to change the fact that the Xbox360 was designed for and is marketed to American and European gamers, thus has little appeal to the Japanese audience...

May 14 - 20

DSL - 111,213

Wii - 52,193

PSP - 27,505

PS2 - 10,881

PS3 - 8,659

Xbox360 - 2,026

GBM - 428

GBASP - 330

GC - 276

GBA - 33

DS - 26

A price cut isnt going to change the fact that the Xbox360 was designed for and is marketed to American and European gamers, thus has little appeal to the Japanese audience...

in terms of the system and at this early stage the games, the ps3 and the 360 are essentially the same system, just in different colors. at the price the 360 is compared to the ps3 there's absolutely no reason that it shouldn't be at least matching the ps3 sales.

i'll say my belief again, most people in japan buying the ps3 buy it just for the blu-ray. there's not buying games for it which is hurting Sony.

There was talk of prices cuts soon, I don't know what month, but maybe around Nov for the 360. It'll be 2yo and it's a good time to cut.

But if the PS3 keeps going south, then MS doesn't feel as much pressure to cut prices. On the other hand, if they really wanna stick it to sony and take a shot at Nintendo, then they'll cut either way. $50 down should be easy to do at this point.

Lack of advertising, and word of mouth about the poor manufacturing quality of 360 are really killing its chances.

Consumers in Japan and Korea are REALLY tough when it comes to manufacturing quality.

May 21 - 27

DSL - 127,461

Wii - 58,644

PSP - 26,097

PS2 - 11,311

PS3 - 9,627

Xbox360 - 2,044

GBM - 407

GBASP - 288

GC - 256

DS - 81

GBA - 17

Wow Wii isn't even hitting the 100k mark :/

Is this all Nintendo can mass produce?

Well firstly, the DS is pretty extraordinary, pushing 100k+ a week. Wii is coming along fine... I figure once Smash, Galaxy, and some other games are released we'll see a jump in numbers but still probably nothing like the DS.

The 5/28 - 6/3 numbers:

DSL 123,140

Wii 69,748

PSP 26,358

PS2 11,814

PS3 8,998

Xbox360 2,219

GBM 310

GBASP 247

GC 226

DS 71

GBA 16