Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0566 Beta

looks nice although I dont like how they dull the colour selection, it makes getting the msn window with a darker colour close to that you are actually selecting impossible. It looks alot better than the previous beta but.

edit: to clarrify, I'm talking about the window colour that is customizable in msn 8. Picking a dark green results in a very washed out green, same with all the colours. Would be nice if you had some control over the colour saturation as a darker green would suit me better but its just not possible to do it the way it implements the theme in this beta.

MUCH happier with this build.

I like that everything is back over the "normal" sides then from 0562.

still the UI colour schemes still look a little dogey but a BIG improvement.

Cool thanks for heads up also Messenger Plus works with it as well but not all features only small things such as boss protection. (version 3.61 or lower)

ya know, i think i actually liked the green icons.

and the colour schemes are too light now. my background doesn't work as well and i've chosen #000000 as gui colour. its about as light as the alt cell colour in posts on here.

^^ wise guy how abt this?

Just select ur background same as that of the wallpaper u have and adjust the size of the window a little bit and get the fancy transperancy illusional effect

post-44892-1141211578_thumb.jpg

i dont mean my desktop background.

conversation background. This is the gui set to black with my conversation background. it used to look alot better when gui was set to black. even dark blue looks pish.

post-10612-1141212286_thumb.jpg

Why is everybody making such a problem of installing? Just go to Live Ideas, and download it from there ;)

Besides, has anyone noticed beta.msn.com ? (seems like microsoft is doing big beta things besides Vista, Office and messenger)

The new buddy in avatar is fantastic. Really hope they apply it for status icons too! :)

Agreed. I really like the design of this build.

I really like this new build, it looks great... But, I dont know if anyone else is having this problem - its with the 'What I'm Listening To' feature. It seems to be displaying only the title of a music track and not the artist AND title. This goes for all of my contacts...

msnmp3error2um.jpg

When you click on a contacts track it displays {0} - {1} under the 'Search Title'. Weird huh

Yup, nice interface, still bloated though. But nice UI :)

Indeed the colorization looks less .. colorized than before :s it was pretty nice in the previous build. Black really did look black! And it was pretty damn cool too, even if I hate black

I really like this new build, it looks great... But, I dont know if anyone else is having this problem - its with the 'What I'm Listening To' feature. It seems to be displaying only the title of a music track and not the artist AND title. This goes for all of my contacts...

msnmp3error2um.jpg

When you click on a contacts track it displays {0} - {1} under the 'Search Title'. Weird huh

okay good i thought it was just me...

Doing some more quick testing on this build and I have realised that some of my old bugs are still present.

msnmp3error2um.jpg

I've no idea on WMP ones, but if you're using WinAMP and is having problems with it, try downloading the new gen_msn (for Live Messenger) from http://myplugins.info/

It seemed to fix my own, at least..

Love the new look, but what i LOVE even more is that you can hide the tabs! Bout time.

f they drop the advertisements then i won't have any problems at all with this.

Looks great.

(Y)