Ghosts?

Ectoplasm was originally used to describe regurgitated cheese cloth in 19th century sayonces, I don't not believe in ghosts but I try to avoid this supernatural jargon because it's baseless. Frigging ghost hunters asking if there's any "astral beings" in the room, as if a dead person would refer to themself in that way. So much bs, makes any real evidence or events immediately dismissed.

• 3 weeks later...

if i can see, and there is a scientific explanation for it, i'll believe it!

I dont think there is a scientific explanation for everything that we are experiencing today in this world.

We've had an incident in our house recently which happened again last night, prompting me to post here.

Our house was built in the 1960s, in the South East of the UK. This time last year we had the downstairs completely re-designed - new interior walls, complete layout change. Part of the change was to knock out our old fireplace area and put a new one in. When we did this, we discovered that the fireplace wall cavities had been filled with not only rubble, but pieces of old gravestones - we could even make out words and letters that were carved into the stones. Thinking this was pretty interesting, we seperated the pieces of gravestones from the rubble and put them in a seperate pile on our front garden. That's when weird stuff started happening.

That night, I woke up and found my TV on, blaring out loud. My TV's one of those ones that is on silent when you turn it on, and you have to manually turn the volume up. The following morning, my mum heard a crash in the bathroom, and found all the toothbrushes and shampoos and stuff in the bath. They were originally on the other side of the room, and the door was closed and no windows were open. Everyone else was asleep. We have one of those lamps that you simply touch to turn on and off - that kept turning itself on and off too.

When my mum was at work (she works in a gym), a lady that regularly goes to the gym came up to her and said 'You've got problems with spirits haven't you'. Needless to say this spooked my mum out a bit. Without my mum saying anything, the woman told her that she was interested in spirits and the paranormal, and without knowing anything, told her that it's because we'd disturbed the gravestones. She told us that the spirit wasn't that of the people whose gravestones were in our house, but that of the builder who'd originally built the fireplace. She told us that the builder had some how come accross these stolen gravestones and was worried that he would get caught, so was very anxious that we'd taken them from their hiding place and put them on our front lawn. My mum was gobsmacked, as she hadn't told this lady anything.

When she got home, we moved the gravestones and hid them at the bottom of our back garden. All the weird stuff stopped happening and we thought no more of it. This Sunday just gone, I was plugging in my printer (it wasn't switched on), and I got an electric shock. Our downstairs TV turned itself on and put the volume right up, and I mean RIGHT up. My parents' VHS machine had turned itself on and started playing a video, and my brother's music kept turning itself down. When we told my dad about this last night, his face went white as a sheet as he told us that when he was working in the garden on Sunday, he'd moved the gravestones! Again, they could be seen, so needless to say my dad straight away went and buried them. We've not had any problems since last night, so it definitely seems that the lady at the gym was right.

Our next-door neighbours also had gravestones in their fireplace which they renovated, and have had similar problems, including a small fire. Even my parents, who are very cynical and dismissive about anything, were pretty spooked. We're a regular family and have no interest in the paranormal or anything like that, but we're now certain that the lady was right, and won't be moving the gravestones again!

You sure took some time to type that up and I kinda belive it..

Here's a REAL question. Has anybody actually seen a real ghost. I'm not talking bout hearing noises in your house or seeing an object fall by itself. I'm talking bout a figure that levitates or something of that nature.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe ghosts do exist. had some frightening experiences on several occasions...all I can say I am a believer now...

No ghosts, trust me.

Paddy Irishman inveted the concept! :)

What i mean is, years bac before Sky Sports came on stream, Paddy would be coming home from the pub drunk on Poitin (Moonshine) Seeing all sorts of Banshees and ghosts.

Today, Paddy doesnt see much o them any more.....

I believe ghosts do exist. had some frightening experiences on several occasions...all I can say I am a believer now...

care to share some? ;)

About 20 year ago I was in hubbys parents home,this is before we were married and he still lived there. I saw a person walk past the dining room door which was frosted glass,I thought it was my hubby as the figure was about his height and build but a few minutes later he came walking down the stairs.

There was no way it was him as it wasn't possible from the layout of the house and we were the only ones in the house at the time.

I didn't know this at the time but they'd had all kinds of strange things happen over they years from rattling door handles to unexplained snowy footprints when no one had entered or left the house.

Apparently atleast 3 other houses on that block went through the same things :huh:

I know for a fact that I saw someone but who they were and where they went I have no idea :no:

Ghosts do not exist, people. It is an irrational belief.

Say's who?

I've never said I do or don't believe in ghosts,I just know that one day I saw a person who disappeared in an empty room with no way out.

Proof please?

Exactly!

You're right. There is zero proof to show that ghosts exist.

Say's who?

I've never said I do or don't believe in ghosts,I just know that one day I saw a person who disappeared in an empty room with no way out.

There is ALWAYS a rational explanation for every irrational event.

While I am not sure wether to believe or not believe in supernatural things like ghosts,

I think you can't just say that there's "always" an explanation. Often there is, I agree,

but in some cases it's hard to find a rational explanation for what happened.

I never had experience with supernatural things.

I actually mean't I would like to see proof that they don't exist, thats my point.

who's to say there is only one plane of existence, we've barely scratched the surface of the understanding of existence.

Besides only getting feelings of being watched etc, I know too many people who have seen things more or less face to face. most of my family have seen the same ghost of a man at my nans.

theres more to this world than meets the eye.

I actually mean't I would like to see proof that they don't exist, thats my point.

That's absurd! You don't prove the non-existence of something. You prove the existence of it.