• Cyco
    • Long
    • Myst93
    • mail
    • spex04
    • sundayx
    • wutwut

Question

I would like to take a moment and thank everyone that participated in the Upitfree.com contest over the last week. Neowin is the home of some truly talented designers and graphic artists. You guys have all done a great job. This was no easy task, but I have selected (what I believe to be) the 10 best designs as the contest finalists. Now, I would like for my fellow Neowin members to vote for their favorite design. Since this is a community site, community input is important to me. The design I would choose might not be the one everyone else likes. Please keep in mind that the winning design must be "codable," and vote accordingly.

Because there where so many great designs, I would feel bad picking only 1 winner and letting everyone's talent go to waist (so to speak). So, thanks to Contrast Hosting all 10 finalists will receive 6 months of free web hosting! Yea, you read that right. All contest finalists please CONTACT ME so I can get you setup. You can either email me (timdavis@gmail.com) or send me a PM. The hosting package will include the following:

• 200mb Disk Space
  • 2gb Monthly Data Transfer
  • Unlimited Email Accounts
  • Unlimited Email Forwarders
  • Unlimited MySQL Databases
  • cPanel
  • Hosting for your current domain or a FREE subdomain.

So, what are you waiting for? Get voting!!!

1) Visit http://www.upitfree.com/contest/finalists/ and look at all the finalists designs (don't vote until you look at all of them).

2) Vote for your favorite design!

UPDATE!

Well, I have good news and bad news...

The bad news is the contest is over.

The good news is that Cyco is the winner!

Cyco has decided (being the good guy he is) to split his prize money amongst all of the finalists. All finalists please PM me with your PayPal address so you can be rewarded for your efforts.

Thanks again to everyone who participated! The community involvement has been oustanding!

Edited by voidunknown

When will the winner be announced?

The winner will be announced tomorrow. :) I have already decided, but you guys get to wait while I ponder my decision some more to make sure its the right choice.

Long is the only one that looks classy and professional...the rest have too much style over substance.

I'll agree somewhat, but there is more to it than just what meets the eye...

I like spex04, more well thought out design and options. Second best is Long. I can't believe so many people like mail, its not a good design.

I would have to say...

Mail, even though I voted for Bioshadow...

After looking @ mail's design, simplicity is key and straight to the point.

Edited by fuBar.

I like spex04, more well thought out design and options. Second best is Long. I can't believe so many people like mail, its not a good design.

I'm sorry if you don't like it fine but dont say its not a good design without backing up your points, so can you tell me what you think is so bad so i can do the necessaries if they are valid points ...

also style can be coded one of the examples is http://www.rimshotdesign.com

I can't believe so many people like mail, its not a good design.

They are all good designs. I like them all! Looks to me like you are in the minority...

I only got 9 votes, I liked spex04's original the most..pfff...At least I got some votes, I'd hate to leave with nothin:(:(

Well, since some people submitted multiple designs, I picked 1 design from each person. The one I liked the best:):)

All nice designs, I like Longs design you picked. I think some of spex first designs were better than the one you picked though.

All nice designs, I like Longs design you picked. I think some of spex first designs were better than the one you picked though.

Well, as much as I try, you can't please everyone. :)

Well, I have good news and bad news...

The bad news is the contest is over.

The good news is that Cyco is the winner!

Cyco has decided (being the good guy he is) to split his prize money amongst all of the finalists. All finalists please PM me with your PayPal address so you can be rewarded for your efforts.

Thanks again to everyone who participated! The community involvement has been oustanding!

Congrats Cyco! :)

Thanks a lot for the web host and thanks for the prize split, wasnt expecting getting some profit on this contest :)

About the paypal, i already have an account but never used it so i dont know how it works, where can i see my PayPal ID?

Cyco has decided (being the good guy he is) to split his prize money amongst all of the finalists

Very generous of him and props to him as well.

Congrats Cyco! :)

Thanks a lot for the web host and thanks for the prize split, wasnt expecting getting some profit on this contest :)

About the paypal, i already have an account but never used it so i dont know how it works, where can i see my PayPal ID?

Your PayPal ID is your email address that you signed up with. If you need any help, shoot me a PM. Also, for info to get setup with the hosting, PM me. So, just PM me or send me a PM. :p