nVidia ForceWare 84.21 Drivers Released

ForceWare Release 80

Version: 84.21

Release Date: March 17, 2006

WHQL Certified*

Release Highlights:

* WHQL Certified

* Adds support for GeForce 7900 GTX, GeForce 7900 GT, and GeForce 7600 GT

* New NVIDIA PureVideo features and enhancements. Please visit the NVIDIA PureVideo website for more information on PureVideo technology and system requirements.

o Support for high definition H.264 hardware decode acceleration on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs.

o Support for high definition MPEG-2 inverse telecine.

o Support for high definition MPEG-2 spatial temporal de-interlacing.

* Adds mixed vendor support for NVIDIA SLI.

* TV-Out/HD-out support for NVIDIA SLI.

* Added support for VSync on Direct3D games when running NVIDIA SLI.

* Microsoft? DirectX? 9.0c and OpenGL? 2.0 support

* For a full list of fixed and known issues please view the Release Notes.

* This driver is WHQL certified for all GeForce 7 series and a limited number of GeForce 6 series GPUs.

Source: nVidia.com[/urlCome and get 'em!/b>

Edited by voidunknown

I installed them just before after posting this. So far I'm not having any stability issues or problems. BF2 framerates seem to be up by 3 FPS. Not much, but something. :)

I installed them just before after posting this. So far I'm not having any stability issues or problems. BF2 framerates seem to be up by 3 FPS. Not much, but something. :)

up is good... down is bad.. ill take another 3 fps...

They work, but they aren't WHQL. Not sure why it says they are.

Yea, I noticed that too. Their website says they are though. Kinda odd...

They work, but they aren't WHQL. Not sure why it says they are.

Check bottom of page in original post:

* This driver is WHQL certified for all GeForce 7 series and a limited number of GeForce 6 series GPUs.

Thanks for the heads up! :yes:

Come and get 'em!

Must be nice.... all of us poor shulbs with a x64 system are still back in the stoneage.

Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Release Date: December 22, 2005

BETA driver

Check bottom of page in original post:

Thanks for the heads up! :yes:

Well, I have a 7800 GTX and it said the drivers where not signed. So, I dunno. How can it be signed for only the 7xxx series and not the rest?

Must be nice.... all of us poor shulbs with a x64 system are still back in the stoneage.

Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Release Date: December 22, 2005

BETA driver

Yes! Where the crap are our drivers?

Yes! Where the crap are our drivers?

You knew when installing X64 that it had crappy driver support. That is the only thing hold me back from using it.

Just so ya'll know. I have a 7800gt and currently in safe mode after installing these drivers. Just a warning :/

Edit: primary download link ain't workin no more.....the mirrors do however. gonna try installing again.

Edit2: 2nd try was successfull. I don't understand why I get a warning about these drivers being unsigned though. I can't seem to find the overclock setting thinger in the display manager.....maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

Edited by sin-ergy

Just so ya'll know. I have a 7800gt and currently in safe mode after installing these drivers. Just a warning :/

Edit: primary download link ain't workin no more.....the mirrors do however. gonna try installing again.

Edit2: 2nd try was successfull. I don't understand why I get a warning about these drivers being unsigned though. I can't seem to find the overclock setting thinger in the display manager.....maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

You have to re-do coolbits.

:/

Anyone on a 6600GT tested em yet?

Yes, I played UT2004 for a bit. It worked, didn't notice an increase in performance. H264 doesn't get decoded on the GPU when using WinDVD 7. Not sure how to get that work (or if it works at all).

Yes, I played UT2004 for a bit. It worked, didn't notice an increase in performance. H264 doesn't get decoded on the GPU when using WinDVD 7. Not sure how to get that work (or if it works at all).

You have to install nVidia Pure Video (they have a 30 day trial of it on their site somewhere). Thanx, I will give em a try tomorrow.

Nice stuff.

It's ok to install on top of my old drivers, right? Or do I have to use Driver Cleaner first?

You can install right over the top of the old ones, thats what I did. All seems well so far.