Man kills teen boy who walked on his grass

I rarely say anyhitng anymore in these forums cuz when I voice my opinions I generally get a warning, but this time I cant help it. It really amazes me the amount of people that think people dont need to have guns. I hope that one day, someone with an illegal firearm decides he is going to rob you with your family in the house you live your precious little lives in. Oh nos! what to do now? call the cops? wait 15-20 mins for them to show up and proctect you! Thats why most americans anymore are sheep. I dont aggree with this guy killing this kid over walking across a lawn, because if he didnt want anyone on there he could have fenced it in, but i have no idea why people are anti-gun. All the anti-gun people need to be sent to 3rd world countries where being a seperate religion could get you killed and arm them with a baseball bat. And then see how long they live.

Again...exactly. The Constituion grants Americans the right to bear arms to protect their lives. It does not allow them to murder a boy for walking across his grass. If he did not want people on his lawn, he should have put up a fence or moved to another community without CHILDREN. What he did was wrong and I believe he will be charged with murder. I think the general consensus here is that what he did was wrong. Guns don't kill people, ignorant, easily angered, and stupid people like this man kill people, and then use the Constiution as a crutch. I consider this debate closed.

Again...exactly. The Constituion grants Americans the right to bear arms to protect their lives. It does not allow them to murder a boy for walking across his grass. If he did not want people on his lawn, he should have put up a fence or moved to another community without CHILDREN. What he did was wrong and I believe he will be charged with murder. I think the general consensus here is that what he did was wrong. Guns don't kill people, ignorant, easily angered, and stupid people like this man kill people, and then use the Constiution as a crutch. I consider this debate closed.

You read my mind :) Thank you and well put!!

The fact that most Americas owned weapons played a heavy role in keep the former Soviet Union from ever invading. One of their previous top generals said that they knew if they ever invaded that every "tom, dick and harry" would be taking pot shots at the troops on every occasion.

Also, during WWII, Every man in Switzerland had a rifle at home. Shooting was the national sport. A look at a map shows tiny, democratic Switzerland surrounded by the Axis powers stretching all over Europe and into Russia and North Africa. This nation of riflemen situated in the Alps managed to remain neutral and to dissuade a Nazi invasion. In fact, Hitler disarmed his enemies (starting from German Jews) before they could organize a resistance.

My comment on the original story is.... that will learn that kid a thing or two. I am sorry that it cost him his life, but I don't feel bad for him. 100 years ago, what that old man did would not have been a crime...

This is pretty funny. Where do you live?

I'm swiss and let me tell you, shooting isn't a national sport here. You have the sportsmen who do sportshooting, yes, as in every other country. However, it's not like we glorify the firearm or something.

Yes, every man who was in the (militia-like) army in switzerland can chose to keep his rifle (StGW90) however, you're free to give it back to the government. Also; switzerland didn't survive the WW2 with no losses because every man had a firearm, but simply because we let the Nazis pass through our country and hoarded Nazi Germanys gold. You could say we served Hitler more as a functional state than as an invaded one, that's why he chose not to invade us (which he could have done with no greater effort).

As to the original story; Sick people are everywhere and I don't think it's an "american" problem only. I'm sorry for the life lost. :(

I think the only problem is that there are a lot of ignorant, easily angered and stupid people like this man who own guns.

Um. Do you know anything at all about Canada? They have the right to bear arms there too. Gun ownership in the USA is like 45% of households. Gun ownership in Canada is 30%. Big difference, gl@moving

lets see 45% of 295,734,134 and 30% of 32,486,254. yah no difference there.

not to mention canada is a much more rural country and most of thoose guns are probably used for *gasp* hunting. not home "defence". i know lots of people who own guns, hunting guns. i think i can remember one person i know owning a handgun.

This is wrong on so many levels. To value your property above a life really shows what kind of sick/selfish human you are. I can't believe some of you are actually agreeing to this as well. May the boy RIP.

lets see 45% of 295,734,134 and 30% of 32,486,254. yah no difference there.

not to mention canada is a much more rural country and most of thoose guns are probably used for *gasp* hunting. not home "defence". i know lots of people who own guns, hunting guns. i think i can remember one person i know owning a handgun.

:woot:

man, wtf, you live in Fredericton!!!!!! I just moved from there!!!!!!!

You people are on the outside looking in. Just because Americans have the right to bear arms doesn't mean we carry them on our hip for security measures. We don't use them as personal defence. You read one story about a nutjob going off and try to stereotype the entire country based on gun use? Get a clue! Its illegal to hunt with automatic weapons as well. You aren't even allowed to use a crossbow in WV!

The percentages are percapita. Its evident that US citizens outnumber Canadian citizens, so of course the actual numbers are going to be much different.

This is pretty funny. Where do you live?

I'm swiss and let me tell you, shooting isn't a national sport here. You have the sportsmen who do sportshooting, yes, as in every other country. However, it's not like we glorify the firearm or something.

Yes, every man who was in the (militia-like) army in switzerland can chose to keep his rifle (StGW90) however, you're free to give it back to the government. Also; switzerland didn't survive the WW2 with no losses because every man had a firearm, but simply because we let the Nazis pass through our country and hoarded Nazi Germanys gold. You could say we served Hitler more as a functional state than as an invaded one, that's why he chose not to invade us (which he could have done with no greater effort).

As to the original story; Sick people are everywhere and I don't think it's an "american" problem only. I'm sorry for the life lost. :(

I agree about the sick people, but don't let anyone tell you that neutrality kept the swiss safe during WWII. The germans had plans to invade the swiss. There are actually 4 reasons why Germany did not invade the swiss and we have mentioed two of them. 1) Switzerland demonstrated military readiness with the general mobilization in 1939 and border occupation by 430,000 troops (20 % of the employed persons). Though they could have been easily defeated by the Germans, the readiness served as a deterent. 2) Integrating the German speaking regions (74%) of Switzerland into the Third Reich - as Adolf Hitler did with Austria in 1938 and planned with Switzerland - would have led to civil disobedience and massive "internal" criticism within the Reich, thereby absorbing too many forces of secret police and armed forces and it might even have strengthened the internal resistance in Germany against the Nazi regime. 3) Switzerland's alpine railways were of central importance for transports between Germany and Italy. Had they invaded, the swiss would have destroyed the key bridges and railways cutting off Germany from the rest of Europe. 4) Some historians say, that financial services, especially buying gold from Germany in exchange for convertible currency (Germany's national currency was no longer accepted as a means of payment in the international markets) was also an important factor.

This story stands out because the dude is obviously a total wacko. If he was a total wacko without a gun, he would not have shot the kid.

That is the point. Total wackos can exist in Canada, and own firearms, just as easily as they can in the United States.

Still, the violent crime rates in canada are hell of a lot lower than the US. I dunno about you, but that makes me feel safer.

That's because Canadians aren't God-damned idiots about it, not because their laws are better.

Did you even read the article? The guy shot him with a shotgun, not a handgun.

lucky ****** :p

NOT REALLY. I'm in california!! It was good at first but man this place scares the crapola outta me. Freddy is so freaking tame.

That is the point. Total wackos can exist in Canada, and own firearms, just as easily as they can in the United States.

Canada just has more wide-open spaces to bury the bodies. :shifty:

It wouldnt have happened in Canada because we don't have the mentality of shooting people who tresspass. Thats where the problem comes from. it's all in you perception.

We don't have a mentality of shooting trespassers either. Nice broad generalization there. See I thought you Canadians were so much more open minded and less bigoted than us boorish Amercians.

This is a case of one guy flipping out and committing murder. Nothing about this situation even comes close to representing average daily life in America.

That is absolutely insane. Why the hell did he do it?! And then he just rings the police like 'yeah i just shot a kid for stepping on my lawn'

Killing someone for walking on a lawn... how ridiculous. Having said that it would never have happened to me because I'd never walk across a neighbour's lawn, as I am considerate of other people.