[release] Windows Server 2003 - XP Conversion Pack

I dont know about not being legal, as far as support goes you may fry your support package. Seing as you arent changing the serial number or the registration key I dont think this is as any different than applying the UXTheme patch. Is there anway to install the shell services without changing the OS identifier?

This kind of conversion is actually not legal :rolleyes:

About a year a ago I had a conversation with Steven Bink about this matter.

And yes, my tool (Windows Server 2003 Optimize Tool) did have conversion feature also, but because of legal issues I did remove it.

I dont know about not being legal, as far as support goes you may fry your support package. Seing as you arent changing the serial number or the registration key I dont think this is as any different than applying the UXTheme patch. Is there anway to install the shell services without changing the OS identifier?

My point is: you may have some drouble proveing that the software(os in this case) you are using is legal after this conversion.

Changing ProductType is not exactly compareable with uxtheme patch. I guess that there is a line in some point, what is acceptable and whats not.

Your not changing the product type, you are just changing the OS identifier number. When you validate it still shows up as Windows Server 2003 and when you try to install the RAW Imager Previewer and PhotoStory it still gives the error that you can only install this on Windows XP. You can use Orca, like I did, to change the RAW Image Previewer Powertoy so that it does install on Windows Server 2003

My point is: you may have some drouble proveing that the software(os in this case) you are using is legal after this conversion.

Changing ProductType is not exactly compareable with uxtheme patch. I guess that there is a line in some point, what is acceptable and whats not.

No it doesnt, but depending on what you need it for you can try Apple Bonjour for Windows

Wouldn't mind giving this a try (still got that 180day trial ISO).

Off topic: Does the service pack enable uPnP? I really need that...

Only try it if you do not have the corporate version of Server 2003

I might give this a shot. :)

Your not changing the product type, you are just changing the OS identifier number. When you validate it still shows up as Windows Server 2003 and when you try to install the RAW Imager Previewer and PhotoStory it still gives the error that you can only install this on Windows XP. You can use Orca, like I did, to change the RAW Image Previewer Powertoy so that it does install on Windows Server 2003

Ok, looks like you want some proof :)

Please check "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ProductOptions" "ProductType" value, is it ServerNT, LanmanNT or WinNT after conversion?

Also it might change "ProductSuite" value, but I am not sure because I never did install this pack.

There has been couple of untilitis before and they did the same thing.

NTswitch from 3am Laboratories and NTTune from sysinternals but they all are considered as warez and/or crack so therefore not available anymore.

And some more released directly from crack/hack groups that I cant mention.

Also doing this hack wrong, directly from regedit you get following error:

untitled.JPG

And this just should say all you need to know :yes:

Windows 64 Bit edition is built on the same Kernal as server 2003. Just use that?

Yea, if you're using an x86-64 processor then I'd highly recommend Windows XP Professional x64 ;). Now for my (grumble grumble Windows Server 2003 is a server not a workstation!) speech :p.

After conversion, does the IE7 Beta 2 released on 3/20 work?

Secondly, what has to be done to update the OS? Does it show up on MS Update as XP or Server 2003?

Thanks

Yep well i disabled it, restarted and no effect, how can i revert to the origional settings and then try and re-apply it, because it works fine on another computer.

Just to be a bit of a dick about one issue here, anyone who says is running a legal copy of "xp corp" is full of it. No exceptions.

None.

First, because there is no such thing such as Windows "Corporate". That is called Volume Licensing. You get one key for all of your installs, and you buy the license separately. Because the key is on the package doesn't mean you actually have a license for it.

Unless you bought something like MSDN and/or Select Licensing, you don't get those, you, end user. It "seems" legal, but it is not.

Just keep this in mind, warez monkeys :)

Hi, can anyone make sure that this tool can convert corp version of w2k3?? Also, what kind of tools that can conver corp version of w2k3 into retail?? Please PM me if it is illegal. Thank you :)

I have it installed on Entiprise R2 currently, works great, but i made a few edits so i have the origional skins and Windows Identifier

Hi, can anyone make sure that this tool can convert corp version of w2k3?? Also, what kind of tools that can conver corp version of w2k3 into retail?? Please PM me if it is illegal. Thank you :)

Well, again, there is no such thing such as "coprorate". What you have is an illegal copy of Windows Server 2003 with Volume Licensing, and thus, no activation whatsoever.

Well, again, there is no such thing such as "coprorate". What you have is an illegal copy of Windows Server 2003 with Volume Licensing, and thus, no activation whatsoever.

lol made me laugh! Warez Pah!