Fastest Browser? What do you think?

Believe it or not, IE7. Firefox is cool once your get FireTune to optimise it but I've found IE7 to be blazing fast and be very secure.

Problem with FireFox is it freezes whenever your try doing to many things at once. IE7 stays near and clear of whatever you're doing. Plus the popup blocker(in my experience) works better.

ditto (Y)

To clarify. IE6 loads fastest on windows XP, this is because it's integrated of course. Opera loads second fastest, firefox is the slowest.

Once the app is open, IE6 is the slowest, firefox is ok, but this is when Opera really excels. When Opera says it has instant back/forward, it really does. Not some half a second delay like firefox, but truely instant.

Is opera really the fastest. Or do people just like to use it alot?

On my computer (I tried IE6, IE7, FF and Opera) it's really the fastest not only opening up and closing (only takes about 30mb of ram while FF took 100MB or more :( ), but also loading websites

Define "fastest browser". Do you mean loading/rendering of pages or loading of the browser? It all depends on how you configure the browser and the loading of pages depends on your internet connection and the server that you get the pages from. It's proven true to me that pages that reside on servers nearer to you gets loaded faster than those servers far away.

I say IE becasuse it's fast to load but Firefox because it seems to oad pages faster than IE.

I refuse to even try Opera these days. Long story, though. Suffice to say I don't trust them nor have I ever found anything of use in their previous versions.

Both Firefox and IE (32-bit and 64-bit) start up instantly on my system, so no difference there.

It's hard for me to say one is faster than the other. Generally I don't notice any difference except that Firefox (1.51) still does its insanely annoying "piece-by-piece" rendering. So usually it gets something on the screen faster, but it flashes and moves everything around before it's done. Whereas IE might take a second longer to start drawing but is finished immediately. Seeing as I'm on broadband, the latter is greatly preferred.

I use Maxthon for my daily browsing needs. Performance really isn't a factor in that decision.

ie 6 sp2 x64 > ie 7 b2 preview 32 > opera 9 > opera 8 > ie 6 sp2 32 > firefox, and I don't know about safari.

The 64-bit version of IE 6 isn't going to be noticeably faster than the 32-bit version.

What you do probably notice is that it starts and responds faster because it almost certainly has no BHOs loaded, whereas I'm betting your 32-bit version has a dozen or so.

The differences are fractions of seconds, or in some extreme cases a few seconds, but there isn't enough of a difference for me to chose the browser I use based on speed. Now if you have a browser that takes like 25+ additional seconds to load even simple sites that's a different story, but that's not what the differences are these days.

I'm not just saying that cause I'm a Firefox user/fan either, wouldn't make any difference if Firefox was obviously faster I would say the same thing.

To prove my point a little more: I use some extensions that cost me slight time in the rendering of pages. Only a little, but adds functions or protections enough that I think it's worth it.

It's hard for me to say one is faster than the other. Generally I don't notice any difference except that Firefox (1.51) still does its insanely annoying "piece-by-piece" rendering. So usually it gets something on the screen faster, but it flashes and moves everything around before it's done. Whereas IE might take a second longer to start drawing but is finished immediately. Seeing as I'm on broadband, the latter is greatly preferred.

Yes that can be annoying but avoided by increasing "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" value. Default is 250ms but many "tweak" guides and presets in "tuning" programs will advice 0ms. Try 500, 750 - IE is probably like 1000+. Good explanation of it here http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/007164.html

1. Wrong forum.

2. We been threw this thousands of times

3. I say - check my old posts in Web browser forum

Yes, you are right on the fact that we have been over this a million times but I am asking this at a time when IE7 just came out, new versions of Firefox and Opera also came out...and for new users to see these opinions.

Believe it or not, IE7. Firefox is cool once your get FireTune to optimise it but I've found IE7 to be blazing fast and be very secure.

Problem with FireFox is it freezes whenever your try doing to many things at once. IE7 stays near and clear of whatever you're doing. Plus the popup blocker(in my experience) works better.

Yes, IE7 is fast, but I just dont like the way its setup and they dont really let you customize it too much? Or maybe I am wrong... but I dont see anything like firefox?s extensions or anything like that.

Is opera really the fastest. Or do people just like to use it alot?

People def. do NOT use it alot. I would say the number one browser used is IE, then Firefox and then MAYBE opera...

Internet Explorer because it's integrated.

You def. need to learn a bit more about how things work. Just because its integrated into windows doesnt mean it is faster ONLINE, it might be faster at LAUNCHING...but thats about all.---

oh yea, does that say that Lynx is the fastest. You are wrong. Download opera, disable anything but text downloading (no java, no images) and see who wins then.

Opera's the fastest as far as I can see. Plus it's a pleasure to use. I used to use FF (and still do sometimes) but now I can't wait for Opera 9. I haven't used IE in years due to all the security risks. Even if they have managed to patch a few things up, it'll still always be a dangerous browser in my mind.

The fastest browser for simply surfing the net is a no brainer. It's Opera and ANYONE that says different, is flat out lying!! I don't care what your machine specs are. Now, as far as loading and any other extracirricular activiites, it may not be so obvious, but I'd still say Opera.

Opera's the fastest as far as I can see. Plus it's a pleasure to use. I used to use FF (and still do sometimes) but now I can't wait for Opera 9. I haven't used IE in years due to all the security risks. Even if they have managed to patch a few things up, it'll still always be a dangerous browser in my mind.

Opera 9 beta works excellent. I'm using it for weeks now, and it's very stable for everyday use. Rarely crashes.

The fastest browser for simply surfing the net is a no brainer. It's Opera and ANYONE that says different, is flat out lying!! I don't care what your machine specs are. Now, as far as loading and any other extracirricular activiites, it may not be so obvious, but I'd still say Opera.

I totally agree. Although I think the speeds are quite the same for normal websites. Opera just is better when it comes to opening allot of pages, with the sublime download/mousegestures and tabbed browsing package.

Looks like I need to get Opera. But I don't really liek the program itself kind of. The GUI is nice and stuff. But it feels a little bloated. lol Theres some Neowin talk <<