On XP i think firefox and opera are much the same

Deaf_Raiders

Firefox with FasterFox Extension

krmathis

My own Camino build, optimized for PowerPC 7450

BendeR1

In my case IE7. :blink:

stockwiz

Opera. I like the instant back/forward, plus the browser just feels light.. I used to use firefox exclusively because of page rendering and bugs, but right now it's about 50/50 for me. I use what I percieve is best at any given time... not really a fanboy of any of them.

• 2 weeks later...
Neil

Firefox with FasterFox Extension

Indeed, not to bothered that it is not as fast as Opera.

ExtraEye

i prefer using firefox over both opera and explorer.

although i see opera as a much better competitor to firefox i believe firefox's extensions make it better and more customizable for every user's unique use. despite all that, from several articles and comparissons i take it opera's browser is faster. still what matters for me more is functionality:)

Pallab

Opera is more functional :p

And yes, it is faster. But the Fx 1.1x arent the slow coach that it used to be. It is catching up.

uniacidz

Opera is faster for me.

sanghoku

opera, i have spoken ;)

speedemonV12

i get the best times with firefox,

New_Age

Can't based any browser. Members, browser's are based on opinions from the people. I'm with Opera. Not telling the reason... beccause of how pointless this thread is... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Sandor

I say Bon echo (Y)

i'd have to agree.

opera was for a long time the fastest in my experience, but the last few builds of their latest beta 9 have been buggy, slow and prone to crashing. hopefully they'll sort that out.

firefox was always in 3rd place for me but bon echo is very very fast on my machine.

IE7 is capable and quite quick but i just cant live with the UI compared to the others.

nXqd

i'd have to agree.

opera was for a long time the fastest in my experience, but the last few builds of their latest beta 9 have been buggy, slow and prone to crashing. hopefully they'll sort that out.

firefox was always in 3rd place for me but bon echo is very very fast on my machine.

IE7 is capable and quite quick but i just cant live with the UI compared to the others.

A lot of people have said that "Bon Echo". I don't try, because the Extension Supp. Wait for it :p

tony-inpo

Bon Echo is really fast at pretty much everything. Loading, rendering, opening/closing/scrolling between tabs.

• 2 weeks later...
tp2215

I say the IE7 Core with a shell on top. Ie 7 is very fast however it boggles down older computers (like mine). I am currently using Maxthon ontop of IE7 and it is going blazing fast. Much faster then firefox was and even faster then my opera was (Yes, i have all of them installed right now). So I would definatly say IE7 and Maxthon.

yudi_lks

any website to download the software?

Trong

Opera is fastest

But I've gotten Minefield to be just as fast or faster with a couple of Bangbang023's tweaks.

Pallab

I havent tried Bon Echo, but so till now Opera has been the fastest for me.

.Neo

Safari 2.0.3 beats Opera 9's rendering speeds by far on my Mac.

STNG
Safari 2.0.3 beats Opera 9's rendering speeds by far on my Mac.

Only in rendering of CSS.

But CSS-standarts support in Opera is better.

In other aspects Opera is faster than any Mac browser.

+ Safari is NOT so customizable and not so functional as Opera.

.Neo

I'd rather have a browser that fits in with Aqua out of the box than spending hours customizing Opera only to end up with something that remotely resembles the Mac OS X user interface.

Plus Safari is very lightweight, has much faster launching speeds and does everything I need it to do. So Safari is every bit as functional as Opera is depending on what your criteria are.

And sorry, overal Opera just doesn't renders pages as quick as Safari does on my Mac.

STNG
So Safari is every bit as functional as Opera is depending on what your criteria are.

Opera is more functional compared with Safari in any aspect. This is fact.

And sorry, overal Opera just doesn't renders pages as quick as Safari does on my Mac.

http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html

Achal

id go with opera, been using it for years

.Neo

Opera is more functional compared with Safari in any aspect. This is fact.

No it's not. If you don't use any of those extra features it becomes bloat, a waste of resources and it will start getting in your way: Thus less functional. A fact is that Opera comes with more features than Safari. But apparently you don't understand the difference.

I'm not going to repeat myself.

Edited by Neowave