Fastest Browser? What do you think?

Tommy2k4

Opera (Y)

Simon

Opera, but I like forefox more. There isn't much of a speed difference that I've noticed, but Opera has the edge. I might switch over.

BrutalFluid

I think I'm going to switch over to Opera. But how do I import my favorites if I export them with Firefox?

SnoopZ

I think I'm going to switch over to Opera. But how do I import my favorites if I export them with Firefox?

In Opera goto FILE IMPORT/EXPORT menu and you will find all the options you need there. Also you can play about with the default look of the interface to make it more normal like IE and Firefox if you like.

BrutalFluid

In Opera goto FILE IMPORT/EXPORT menu and you will find all the options you need there. Also you can play about with the default look of the interface to make it more normal like IE and Firefox if you like.

Aight thanks for the tips. I'm gettin Opera.

Slimy

The 64-bit version of IE 6 isn't going to be noticeably faster than the 32-bit version.

What you do probably notice is that it starts and responds faster because it almost certainly has no BHOs loaded, whereas I'm betting your 32-bit version has a dozen or so.

actually the 32bit one has only one, the acrobat reader. But that shouldn't matter much.

Elliott

Safari or Camino, honestly. Safari has a faster rendering engine, but Camino has a more responsive UI and faster page scrolling/resizing.

abc@home

Why not do some benchmark tests yourself? There are dozens in the web and here's a few (make sure you're comparing apple to apple though. While IE does not have all the features available in FF/opera, IE shells have most, if not all):

http://www.24fun.com/downloadcenter/benchjs/benchjs.html

http://wd-testnet.world-direct.at/mozilla/.../jsTimeTest.htm

http://www.numion.com/Stopwatch/

The rendering speed difference is really minimal, but you'd be surprised that IE is not the slowest and Firefox is far from the fastest (talking about under windows naturally). ;)

primexx

For me Firefox because I have tweaks in place, however on DEFAULT SETTINGS Opera does load faster than any of my other browsers.

Tristan

I like Mozilla Firefox. I don't know if it's the fastes browser out there, but I like it a lot.

same here.... :D

naap51stang

I guess it all depends on what you really want out of a browser.

Personally, I like firefox...is it the best/fastest? Well, that doesn't matter to me.

What I wanted was a browser that I could CUSTOMIZE easilly MY way. I have browser

extensions, themes, bookmarks etc configured the way I want....not the way company X

wants me to have them.

Are there better, faster or whatever? Probably...Nice thing today, unlike a few years ago,

there are several browsers you can download for free and try out for yourself.

I found the one I like, hope you find one you like.

:alien:

nXqd

same here.... :D

hic, we want to know the fastest, not browser do you like

Honestly, i say OPera.

But I use Maxthon now :whistle:

FF = :wacko:

Opera = Not enough plugins :laugh:

Maxthon = small, I just say very small (In memory ;) )

illicit

I would have to say Opera at the moment.

the_mole001

Cold Start: IE6/IE7

Warm Start: IE6/IE7 + Bon Echo has it's moments

Page Render: Bon Echo

So both IE and Bon Echo have their pros and cons for me. I like to be able to just open a window and away i go. So I get a bit fed up at times waiting for Bon Echo/Firefox to start up, but they load pages MUCH faster ive found. Hopefully improve start times in the final :).

The_Decryptor

I would say the number one browser used is IE, then Firefox and then MAYBE opera...

Going by market share it's IE (85%), Firefox (10%), Safari (3%), Opera (0.5%), then all the other browsers.

Or so i have read.

rschultz2002

For very large image sites I would say Opera 9 is the fastest at this time.

chavo

Well the fastest browser for me is Konqueror. It's the only browser I can stand to use.

vcv

I refuse to even try Opera these days. Long story, though. Suffice to say I don't trust them nor have I ever found anything of use in their previous versions.

I'm sorry to hear that. Without knowing your reasons, I think that's a bit close-minded to not even want to try new versions, but whatever floats your boat.

Internet Explorer because it's integrated.

Is this a joke? The only thing that might affect is startup times, but nothing else.

----

For me, Opera is easily the fastest overall. The includes at loading new pages, displaying cache'ed pages (Opera's "fastback" mechanism is superior), opening/closing tabs, typing a url in the address bar (FF lags very slightly), and executing javascript.

nXqd

Firefox (pipelining on of course).

Are you sure :wacko:

I don't think so :rofl:

The Champ

I say Firefox!

• 3 weeks later...
mikee286

What's faster Firefox or IE?

NEVER85

From what I've used, Firefox.

eva

anyone has used TheWorld browser ?

it takes up only a little cpu and memery . maybe the least ...

gigapixels

/me loves the Bon Echo builds of Firefox. Much faster than the current releases but not unstable at all (for me at least). Opera has always seemed slow to me.