Windows Live Messenger Build 683 Leaked

- The revamped dashboard shows the new "In a Call" status which can be automatically enabled when starting a Windows Live Call (an internal link to this page reveals the availability of this feature in Germany, France, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States first).

- Next to the e-mail, Sharing Folders and Space icons, you'll see a new calendar/clock icon which is in fact just a link to the Windows Live Today popup. BTW: I have Messenger Plus! Live, hence the Plus! icon.

- Extra security options, eg. "Encrypt contact list data so that it is not accessible outside of Windows Live Messenger" With other words: don't let someone steal your buddies!

- Here's how the conversation windows now looks like. Again, ignore the two Plus! icons, but notice the new tiny webcam icon.

- I also noticed different sounds for a new alert, new e-mail, new message and when a contact signs in. I'm not sure whether these are final.

Some have noticed that, analogous to the game activities icon in conversation windows, the "Games" icon for personal status messages has been updated. In case you didn't know, you can use the MSN Messenger Application Monitor addon to integrate games and Office icons into your status message.

Like we learned yesterday, a new option will allow us to remove the "Contact says:" before every message. This is not literally every message, just the ones sent in a sequence (that means less text clutter when chatting with those word-per-word talkers). With this option enabled, a flood of consecutive messages will thus be preceded by only one "Contact says:" notice.

And like most betas, this build has got bugs too. For instance, sounds don't get muted when you set your status to Busy.

NO LINKS. POSTING A LINK WILL GET YOU WARNS + RESTRICTIONS.

SHOCKZ

Edited by shockz

The new interface is much better (still not as good as the original), though I'm still not a fan of the sickly green/blue combo that's also crept into Vista.

Wernt they gona have a Yahoo intergradton? where we can view our yahoo contacts, and yahoo be part of the microsoft pasport acount?

any news on that?

Won't make this release. Expect it in Windows Live Messenger 2 (Messenger 9?) I suppose.

Good to hear. I liked the new UI. Not too sure about the Encrypted Contacts though, seems pointless to me.

pointless? what you mean you like it that anyone else logged in on your PC could view all information about your contacts? :blink:

All I really care about is the new ui, everything else sounds like bloat features.

..how are they bloat? they a simple obvious little features that are needed to make the product better.

Won't make this release. Expect it in Windows Live Messenger 2 (Messenger 9?) I suppose.

your right in that it won't make this release but it should be here before WL Messenger 9 :)

Wernt they gona have a Yahoo intergradton? where we can view our yahoo contacts, and yahoo be part of the microsoft pasport acount?

any news on that?

didnt they say the second quarter of '06 when they originally siad this was going to happen. but this could have slipped.

Microsoft is working to take down those Screenshots

Why would they do that 3 weeks after everybody saw them?

Maybe the UI refresh won't be in this build after all ;)

..how are they bloat? they a simple obvious little features that are needed to make the product better.

this would make the product better: tabbed convos, no ads, 3 way video convos (+fullscreen) and all the other ideas suggested by users on connect.microsoft.com

ideas.live.com

Well according to OSNN.net, Windows Live Messenger Public Beta has begun...now anyone can login through the client after downloading it from ideas.live.com . But also, it made references to a new UI...and because of what I heard;

Windows Live Messenger 8 April Refresh is now out, you have to uninstall previous builds before it will install though...I will get a build number ASAP but for now...dig in!

edit:

wha? the file I downloaded was the current build! WTH? This must NOT be it...

Well, at least the open to the public part is true...:(

:blink: nothing about it on connect...

latest build is still 0566

OSNN.net says Nothing about an april refresh.. you made that up.. it only says it went public, which from my understanding, went public weeks ago.