Windows Live Messenger Build 683 Leaked

Right, I've been under a rock so to speak :laugh: - which my forthcoming question will indicate :p

What is Windows Live Messenger?

This is what happens when you don't keep up with Microsoft betas ;)

Radish?

It's been a public beta since build 566 came out ;) That's nothing new.

The only new thing is the news about the refresh build coming within the next few days with the new UI and other new features. Honestly it's nothing new really. Once the screenshots showing the new UI leaked a couple weeks ago, they said the refresh would most likely be out in April.

@Radish™, The next version of msn messenger, under the live series. It will be called Windows Live Messenger 8, the last version was Msn Messenger 7.5 Major features include: a new ui, ability to talk to people while in appear offline mode and sharing folders.

I did hear they were going to have a UI refresh but I can't for the life of me remember. Anyway, I'm waiting patiently for the new build of Messenger though I am a bit peeved that WMP 11 hasn't even come out yet :blink: .

PSG22

I'm eagerly waiting in anticipation :yes: .

PSG22

this would make the product better: tabbed convos, no ads, 3 way video convos (+fullscreen) and all the other ideas suggested by users on connect.microsoft.com

Damn right (Y)

I just pray that Microsoft stops thinking about a trivial part of the software like the UI (which most people will change anyway) and put something worthwile into Messenger.

Yea about the yahoo integration.. what i heard was that it was coming sometime this summer.. We will probably see it with wlm 8.5 and yahoo 8 or something.. since yahoo 7.5 is already in beta and has been for awhile now..

Lol ... encrypted contacts, so no one steals my friends ... :laugh:

"Billy, no!" *gasp* "Damnit, Billy would still be here if there were some way of encrypting my friends..."

Lol ... encrypted contacts, so no one steals my friends ... :laugh:

I'm glad its going to be encrypted :) It's pretty easy to find your e-mail and you don't even need to sign in or use the auto-save username feature :blink:

Imagine this, spyware or whatever it may be goes to that directory, scans the directory and gets your e-mail and sells them and spams them (its already bad as is).

Also if you save your chats all your contacts e-mails are in your received files folder under history, the only thing missing is the @domain part and i'm sure most of them are hotmail ;)

Edited by thenay

They are changing the UI again? :wacko: this is what the 3rd or 4th complete change? but with that said, if those pics posted earlier in this topic are infact what the new build looks like, I like it :cool:

They are changing the UI again? :wacko: this is what the 3rd or 4th complete change? but with that said, if those pics posted earlier in this topic are infact what the new build looks like, I like it :cool:

yeah it is, and yes it is what the new build will look like!